HMD test pattern?? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-16-2020, 02:51 AM   #1
av8r13

Default HMD test pattern??

Has anyone else had this happen?

powered up the HMD (JHMCS). at some point it stops working as normal and starts displaying 3 different patterns. it looks like a some sort of test pattern. i then can not get the system to operate again as normal, even after completing a shutdown and restart.

this happened once on the ground during pre-flight checks and once during flight.

one thing i didnt do was look at the HMD page on the DDI to see if it was replicating.

i saw this for the first time the yesterday (before the latest update) and i saw it once today after the newest update.

i couldnt find anything in the documentation. did i press a wrong button somewhere or is this a bug?

thanks
av8r13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 02:56 AM   #2
Wizard_03

Try going to the BIT page, and pressing stop in the top right corner of the DDI. It's the IBIT pattern for the HMD, don't know why your seeing it mid-flight. Normally It will show up if you press AUTO on the BIT page or if you select the individual IBIT from the menu under displays.

Last edited by Wizard_03; 01-16-2020 at 03:01 AM.
Wizard_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 03:07 AM   #3
av8r13

thanks, that might have been it. i might have been playing around with the BIT page.

thanks again
av8r13 is offline   Reply With Quote