Harrier worth half off? - Page 12 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2020, 12:39 PM   #111
Fri13
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkthunder View Post

If they got into the business of making the Harrier, they sold the "project" and promise to complete it, one woudl assume they have evaluated what skills and resources they need and have them available or within reach.
Well, I do not worry about those things anymore since Hawk situation made ED change the licensing among 3rd parties that if they at any given point get out from DCS, ED will receive all the codes etc to get the module for them.
__________________
i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.
i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.
Fri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 01:04 PM   #112
Cornelius
Member
 
Cornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: ETNS
Posts: 285
Default

This also applies retroactively?
__________________
ALERT, ALERT, ALERT!

Member of "the small group here who are very vocal" inbound. Toxicity reaching danger levels. Forum is facing total destrution. Is there any hope for salvation?
Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 05:42 PM   #113
Harlikwin
Veteran
 
Harlikwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Living rent free in your mind
Posts: 5,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkthunder View Post
You guys are talking about what programmers or engineers are needed and the lack of them.
Well, it might seem stupid but how about this: if you don't have what you need to produce something, don't produce it and above all, don't sell it!

If they got into the business of making the Harrier, they sold the "project" and promise to complete it, one woudl assume they have evaluated what skills and resources they need and have them available or within reach.
I mean its fairy clear that they bit off more than they could chew with DCS version of the harrier. They had another one it another "sim" that was likely much simpler so they probably figured hey, why not. I think the mig19 was a cash grab on their part so they could keep going on the other modules, fairly simple to make relatively speaking systems wise compared to the m2k and harrier. And more or less I think they did an ok job with it aside from the initial release which was a dumpster fire.
__________________
New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)
Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).
Harlikwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:37 PM   #114
viper2097+
Posting Rights Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Austria - LOXZ
Posts: 1,931
Default

What I really can't understand is, they can't manage to finish / fix the Harrier since two years.
They announced now three other modules. Including the F-15, which seems to be even more complex then the Harrier.
In the newsletter, ED praises Razbam for doing an excellent job on the M2K, Harrier and Mig-19. Also ED says that they are sure that Razbam will exceed the expectations.

All that doesn't fit for me. In no way.
I'm excited what this year will bring us...
__________________
Steam user - Youtube
viper2097 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 09:34 AM   #115
shagrat
ED Translator
 
shagrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 10,973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkthunder View Post
You guys are talking about what programmers or engineers are needed and the lack of them.

Well, it might seem stupid but how about this: if you don't have what you need to produce something, don't produce it and above all, don't sell it!



If they got into the business of making the Harrier, they sold the "project" and promise to complete it, one woudl assume they have evaluated what skills and resources they need and have them available or within reach.
Ever worked in IT Projects?
__________________
Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:27 AM   #116
bkthunder
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrat View Post
Ever worked in IT Projects?
Ever worked in sales?
__________________
Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s
bkthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 03:18 PM   #117
Wizard_03
Member
 
Wizard_03's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2097 View Post
What I really can't understand is, they can't manage to finish / fix the Harrier since two years.
.
I can, 2 years is a completely unreasonable expectation, it took ED 5 years to complete the A-10C, the MIG-21Bis is still unfinished now and it’s been out for 4 years, both aircraft are less complex then the harrier NA.

Welcome to DCS.
__________________
DCS F/A-18C
Wizard_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 05:42 PM   #118
The LT
Member
 
The LT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Moscow, Russian Federation
Posts: 612
Send a message via ICQ to The LT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard_03 View Post
I can, 2 years is a completely unreasonable expectation, it took ED 5 years to complete the A-10C, the MIG-21Bis is still unfinished now and it’s been out for 4 years, both aircraft are less complex then the harrier NA.



Welcome to DCS.
Hey, some people actually remember the state the A-10C was released in, so please keep those fairytales to yourself. It was a complete retail module on release, sold on physical media. No "5 year" bs, please.
__________________
My controls & seat
Spoiler:
Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog
Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)
Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS
BRD KG13

Standby controls:
BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)
BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)
Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat
The LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 04:00 AM   #119
Wizard_03
Member
 
Wizard_03's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The LT View Post
Hey, some people actually remember the state the A-10C was released in, so please keep those fairytales to yourself. It was a complete retail module on release, sold on physical media. No "5 year" bs, please.
Yeah I was there, it was full of bugs and missing features at launch and was for YEARS after. Not to mention the core was way more simplistic back then. Also Explain mig-21 to me, explain C-101 to me, explain Viggin to me, explain why it’s ok for everyone else to put their products in EA for 2 plus years but not Harrier. The most unique aircraft in game.

Welcome to DCS, if you think you can do a better job why don’t you seek third party status with ED and build your own harrier, and we’ll see how long it takes you. Oh wait, you better not that would be ridiculous, and unreasonable just like yours and viper’s posts.

It’s a wonder why razbam never communicates on these forums anymore.
__________________
DCS F/A-18C

Last edited by Wizard_03; 01-12-2020 at 04:15 AM.
Wizard_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:07 AM   #120
The LT
Member
 
The LT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Moscow, Russian Federation
Posts: 612
Send a message via ICQ to The LT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard_03 View Post
Yeah I was there, it was full of bugs and missing features at launch and was for YEARS after. Not to mention the core was way more simplistic back then. Also Explain mig-21 to me, explain C-101 to me, explain Viggin to me, explain why it’s ok for everyone else to put their products in EA for 2 plus years but not Harrier. The most unique aircraft in game.

Welcome to DCS, if you think you can do a better job why don’t you seek third party status with ED and build your own harrier, and we’ll see how long it takes you. Oh wait, you better not that would be ridiculous, and unreasonable just like yours and viper’s posts.

It’s a wonder why razbam never communicates on these forums anymore.
Look, bro. I still have my DVD here. It worked, it flew, it didn't constantly CTD. I completed the campaign using all the main weapons which were modelled immediately on release. No bug-ridden EA JDAMs. We're talking Harrier vs. properly released module here. Why should I compare it to other wrecks like the MiG-21?

C-101, by the way, is slowly being done without any ambitious plans for new modules. They just WORK. And don't hype on the F-15E fame like RAZBAM do. And for that alone, they deserve respect. I actually started flying the C-101 recently. It even has a working (albeit glitchy) multicrew.
__________________
My controls & seat
Spoiler:
Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog
Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)
Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS
BRD KG13

Standby controls:
BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)
BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)
Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat
The LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:20 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.