Harrier worth half off? - Page 12 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-09-2020, 12:39 PM   #111
Fri13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkthunder View Post

If they got into the business of making the Harrier, they sold the "project" and promise to complete it, one woudl assume they have evaluated what skills and resources they need and have them available or within reach.
Well, I do not worry about those things anymore since Hawk situation made ED change the licensing among 3rd parties that if they at any given point get out from DCS, ED will receive all the codes etc to get the module for them.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:04 PM   #112
Cornelius

This also applies retroactively?

Member of "the small group here who are very vocal" inbound. Toxicity reaching danger levels. Forum is facing total destrution. Is there any hope for salvation?
Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 05:42 PM   #113
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
You guys are talking about what programmers or engineers are needed and the lack of them.
Well, it might seem stupid but how about this: if you don't have what you need to produce something, don't produce it and above all, don't sell it!

If they got into the business of making the Harrier, they sold the "project" and promise to complete it, one woudl assume they have evaluated what skills and resources they need and have them available or within reach.
I mean its fairy clear that they bit off more than they could chew with DCS version of the harrier. They had another one it another "sim" that was likely much simpler so they probably figured hey, why not. I think the mig19 was a cash grab on their part so they could keep going on the other modules, fairly simple to make relatively speaking systems wise compared to the m2k and harrier. And more or less I think they did an ok job with it aside from the initial release which was a dumpster fire.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:37 PM   #114
viper2097+
Posting Rights Suspended

What I really can't understand is, they can't manage to finish / fix the Harrier since two years.
They announced now three other modules. Including the F-15, which seems to be even more complex then the Harrier.
In the newsletter, ED praises Razbam for doing an excellent job on the M2K, Harrier and Mig-19. Also ED says that they are sure that Razbam will exceed the expectations.

All that doesn't fit for me. In no way.
I'm excited what this year will bring us...
Old 01-10-2020, 09:34 AM   #115
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
You guys are talking about what programmers or engineers are needed and the lack of them.

Well, it might seem stupid but how about this: if you don't have what you need to produce something, don't produce it and above all, don't sell it!

Ever worked in IT Projects?

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:27 AM   #116
bkthunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrat View Post
Ever worked in IT Projects?
Ever worked in sales?
Old 01-11-2020, 03:18 PM   #117
Wizard_03

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2097 View Post
What I really can't understand is, they can't manage to finish / fix the Harrier since two years.
I can, 2 years is a completely unreasonable expectation, it took ED 5 years to complete the A-10C, the MIG-21Bis is still unfinished now and it’s been out for 4 years, both aircraft are less complex then the harrier NA.

Welcome to DCS.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:42 PM   #118
The LT

Send a message via ICQ to The LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard_03 View Post
I can, 2 years is a completely unreasonable expectation, it took ED 5 years to complete the A-10C, the MIG-21Bis is still unfinished now and it’s been out for 4 years, both aircraft are less complex then the harrier NA.

Welcome to DCS.
Hey, some people actually remember the state the A-10C was released in, so please keep those fairytales to yourself. It was a complete retail module on release, sold on physical media. No "5 year" bs, please.

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog
Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)
Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS
BRD KG13

Standby controls:
BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)
BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)
Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat
The LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 04:00 AM   #119
Wizard_03

Quote:
Originally Posted by The LT View Post
Hey, some people actually remember the state the A-10C was released in, so please keep those fairytales to yourself. It was a complete retail module on release, sold on physical media. No "5 year" bs, please.
Yeah I was there, it was full of bugs and missing features at launch and was for YEARS after. Not to mention the core was way more simplistic back then. Also Explain mig-21 to me, explain C-101 to me, explain Viggin to me, explain why it’s ok for everyone else to put their products in EA for 2 plus years but not Harrier. The most unique aircraft in game.

Welcome to DCS, if you think you can do a better job why don’t you seek third party status with ED and build your own harrier, and we’ll see how long it takes you. Oh wait, you better not that would be ridiculous, and unreasonable just like yours and viper’s posts.

It’s a wonder why razbam never communicates on these forums anymore.

Last edited by Wizard_03; 01-12-2020 at 04:15 AM.
Wizard_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:07 AM   #120
The LT

Send a message via ICQ to The LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard_03 View Post
Yeah I was there, it was full of bugs and missing features at launch and was for YEARS after. Not to mention the core was way more simplistic back then. Also Explain mig-21 to me, explain C-101 to me, explain Viggin to me, explain why it’s ok for everyone else to put their products in EA for 2 plus years but not Harrier. The most unique aircraft in game.

Welcome to DCS, if you think you can do a better job why don’t you seek third party status with ED and build your own harrier, and we’ll see how long it takes you. Oh wait, you better not that would be ridiculous, and unreasonable just like yours and viper’s posts.

It’s a wonder why razbam never communicates on these forums anymore.
Look, bro. I still have my DVD here. It worked, it flew, it didn't constantly CTD. I completed the campaign using all the main weapons which were modelled immediately on release. No bug-ridden EA JDAMs. We're talking Harrier vs. properly released module here. Why should I compare it to other wrecks like the MiG-21?

C-101, by the way, is slowly being done without any ambitious plans for new modules. They just WORK. And don't hype on the F-15E fame like RAZBAM do. And for that alone, they deserve respect. I actually started flying the C-101 recently. It even has a working (albeit glitchy) multicrew.

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog
Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)
Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS
BRD KG13

Standby controls:
BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)
BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)
Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat
The LT is offline   Reply With Quote