Missiles and fuel tanks dropping like mature fruit

Eber

Hello,

I wonder if it's realistic that the tanks and missiles accidentally drop so easily. Every manuever quicker than a typical A380 course correction leads to immediate drop of one fuel tank in the Mig-19.

Any Aviation Experts here?

That might be a good one to ask Over Stratos about, I would be very interested in his answer if it was implemented or if not then why.

The plane was initially designed for just rockets and tanks, the missiles are a modification. It was initially intended to have the air to air gunsight in rocket mode at first and use the rockets on bomber formations before going to guns. Basically I wouldn’t be surprised if they have a same or higher g limit then the 8g the airframe can handle.

It is certainly a complicating factor, but also a real life limitation that working around makes you a better pilot!

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

It is as you said. The ORO-57K rocket pods where designed to be there from the start, so they were made to withstand the max forces the aircraft can. The fuel tanks while full, are not only limited in pitch loads, but also on rolls, so any roll greater than 50º/sec while full will also make them to fell. While empty, the tanks will hold more Gs. Tanks also limit the max speed the aircraft can achieve.

Missiles (R-3S) as well was a modification made late in service life, so they are rated to 6Gs.

The fuel tanks while full, are not only limited in pitch loads, but also on rolls, so any roll greater than 50º/sec while full will also make them to fell.

Thanks for the info, that explains what I got last time I flew the MiG-19 with tanks on. I didn't exceed 3 or 4 g in a turn, but one tank was ripped off while rolling the plane.

Great detail. :thumbup: