6 A-10s refueling overhead! - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-17-2017, 06:42 AM   #1
Reflected

Reputation power: 14
Reflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of light
Default 6 A-10s refueling overhead!

So there I was at an airfield in Hungary, flying gliders, minding my own business when I spotted something very unusual overhead. It was 6 A-10s aerial refueling from a KC-10.

We immediately tuned our radio to the airspace control frequency and listened to their conversation. The KC-10 was flown by a female pilot with a sexy voice

It was so funny how the Hungarian ATC guy couldn't understand much from the beautiful, clean American English of the USAF. They remained calm and respectful though, and started to say things as slow and articulate as if they were speaking to their grandma
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1535_b.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	863.7 KB
ID:	165979   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1543_b.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	165980   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1547_b.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	165981  

My Music
My DCS Skins
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:26 AM   #2
Kippy

Reputation power: 5
Kippy is a jewel in the roughKippy is a jewel in the roughKippy is a jewel in the roughKippy is a jewel in the roughKippy is a jewel in the roughKippy is a jewel in the rough

Very nice photos and a lucky spot!

A cute girl behind the yoke of the aircraft with the boom, huh? Sorry Honey... I'm uh.. afraid I'm not quite sure I want to "experiment" like that...

"There is no landscape more beautiful to see from the air than the rolling hills, lakes, fields, and forests of the American heartland."
Kippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:20 AM   #3
Holbeach

Reputation power: 10
Holbeach is just really niceHolbeach is just really niceHolbeach is just really niceHolbeach is just really niceHolbeach is just really niceHolbeach is just really niceHolbeach is just really niceHolbeach is just really niceHolbeach is just really nice

2 groups of 6 A-10, arrived RAF Mildenhall from Bangor, Maine, July 13th and left on 15th for Eastern Europe deployment. They are from 23d Fighter Group, Flying Tigers.

"Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!"
(Kenneth Williams 1964).

Holbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:41 AM   #4
Reflected

Reputation power: 14
Reflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holbeach View Post
2 groups of 6 A-10, arrived RAF Mildenhall from Bangor, Maine, July 13th and left on 15th for Eastern Europe deployment. They are from 23d Fighter Group, Flying Tigers.

They were headed for Turkey, and their callsign was "Sabre" flight.

My Music
My DCS Skins
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:03 PM   #5
Yurgon
Veteran

Reputation power: 55
Yurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to behold

Awesome, thanks for sharing!