AI CAS doesn’t work during night time

Usually I simply give a perform task, attack group for ai CAS, But sometime work and sometime doesn’t. After many tested I found out during the night time, Ai just want to go back home and sleep. Any tips for fix? Thanks

Try setting your wingman skill to Excellent from Mission Editor.

Does it work during the day? If so, you can give this a try.

Scripts\AI\Detection.lua

Line 24

sky_bodies_illumination_factor = true,

Try setting it to false.

Line 26

darkness_threshold = 0.05, --no effect if sun_illumination factor disabled

Try 0 or higher number like 1.

But I'm pretty sure this will apply to AI enemy units as well.

Is it "sky_bodies_illumination_factor" mean "sun_illumination factor", are they same thing?

Everything's changing all the time so this is just my guess but I think they changed sun_illumination to sky_bodies_illumination to implement Moonlight.

Just save the lua file and restart. This is if the issue is because your wingman can't see at night. If the issue is elsewhere, this wont do anything so... if the problem persists, change it back.

Everything's changing all the time so this is just my guess but I think they changed sun_illumination to sky_bodies_illumination to implement Moonlight.

Just save the lua file and restart. This is if the issue is because your wingman can't see at night. If the issue is elsewhere, this wont do anything so... if the problem persists, change it back.

Yes, I tried and your tips can save me. thanks, but other question if I make a night mission for my friend, so he cant play unless he change the lua file as well? is there any option like trigger, mission start, run script file... something like that?

Yes, I tried and your tips can save me. thanks, but other question if I make a night mission for my friend, so he cant play unless he change the lua file as well? is there any option like trigger, mission start, run script file... something like that?

Unfortunately, no. This is just a hack and just hope ED fixes it properly.

@MivwTaupos: Could you please share a track file so we can try to reproduce the issue and look for a solution? If you can't reproduce the issue 100% of the time, you can just share your mission file.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.