Wish List: BF109 Gunpods and rockets?

Xeon

45 minutes ago, Snapage said:

How about make a 109G6/G14 combo module and give it the option to carry gun pods as an extra selling point so people have a reason to buy it over the K4?

I would buy the 109G6/G14 in a heart beat, no questions asked really.

• Like 1

G6 was listed in the coming WWII modules so we'll see it eventually, and G models obviously featured gun pods. I foresee though you all won't like them once being able to carry :thumbup:,

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

On 7/21/2021 at 4:00 PM, Ala13_ManOWar said:

G6 was listed in the coming WWII modules so we'll see it eventually, and G models obviously featured gun pods. I foresee though you all won't like them once being able to carry :thumbup:,

S!

.nvm

Edited by Mogster

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 7/28/2021 at 9:46 PM, greiffer said:

Gunpods for the 109k are needed only for bomber intercepts not for dogfights🧐

They do a nice job on ground targets (in IL-2) also!

• Like 2

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

On 7/28/2021 at 9:46 PM, greiffer said:

Gunpods for the 109k are needed only for bomber intercepts not for dogfights🧐

No, they aren't since there's no historical record of any K ever using them despite the manual mentioning it. Apparently it was only a G models thing for a reason.

3 minutes ago, greiffer said:

gunpods on any 109 is a good thing!!

Not really. I'm only expecting some day, maybe in K model if devs finally succumb to users' claims despite they being unhistorical, or if we see any proper G model sometime, you people complaining about what an utter piece of cr** underwings cannons are when you discover your nimble 109 being sluggish and draggy as hell 🤣.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

Historical facts aren't yours either 😅, and this is not WT to ask for weird paperwaffe things 🤷‍♂️ .

• Like 3

On 3/6/2022 at 1:24 PM, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Historical facts aren't yours either 😅, and this is not WT to ask for weird paperwaffe things 🤷‍♂️ .

The AV-8B we have in DCS can carry and fire IR Mavs just because it could theoretically do it. No Marine squadron ever used the IR Mav.
Given this precedent, there should be no issues giving the K4 wing mounted cannons

And none of us ever flew in WWII so..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

On 3/10/2022 at 6:43 PM, Krez said:

The AV-8B we have in DCS can carry and fire IR Mavs just because it could theoretically do it. No Marine squadron ever used the IR Mav.
Given this precedent, there should be no issues giving the K4 wing mounted cannons

But it's not an ED module and those choices can be up to every developer 😉 .

For a modern aircraft I guess It's easier to get than kind of info, but in WWII it's not that simple, it's not only "knowing" it was used, or not, which can be hard enough, but once you get to know this or that equipment was or could be used in this or that aircraft you have to find the info relative to how it works internally and together with the plane and I believe that can be even more painful than just finding a picture of the thing being used 🤔.

I'm in for the Wgr21 removal in Dora, yeah, it was never meant to be a bomber interceptor 🤷‍♂️ .

• Like 1

K4 use was limited during ww2 and k4 with gun pods looks even less likely to happen, this is my view on this topic.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I think instead of K-4 (being already fantastic), we should try and get an earlier Bf-109 model in the game. I think it would be really cool if we got a Bf-109E variant but CLoD already has it so maybe an F-1 variant with wing-mounted rocket-pods would be better 🙂

I still think an E-1 or E-3/4 would be nice to have to fight the Soviet I-16

Edited by IcedVenom

On 3/6/2022 at 9:26 AM, Gioepyon said:

people should mind their own business.

Or we could instead read what the platform is supposed to be achieving and what the modules is supposed to achieve, and then decide whether it's right for you or not.

On 3/6/2022 at 9:26 AM, Gioepyon said:

ED should develop the gunpods and if someone doesn't want them then don't use them.

So something that opens the gates to literally anything.

I could make the argument that the Fw 190 should be twice as fast as it should be following your exact argument to the letter.

On 3/10/2022 at 5:43 PM, Krez said:

The AV-8B we have in DCS can carry and fire IR Mavs just because it could theoretically do it.

And actually did...

The whole AGM-65F debacle was because RAZBAM decided that the Harrier should be a 2010s Harrier seemingly ad hoc, justifying the inclusion of LITENING G4, APKWS and GBU-54 LJDAM, when before it was more of a 2000s AV-8B N/A, where AGM-65F is absolutely accurate (as is AGM-122, which is also out of inventory).

There's historical evidence USMC AV-8B N/As carried and employed the AGM-65F in the Gulf, and the missile is described in official aircraft docuementation.

No Marine squadron ever used the IR Mav.

Would you like to explain this then?

unknown.png

Or this?

aNnoV4P.jpg

Or this?

6144_WP48008.jpg

RAZBAM's claim that the USMC never used the AGM-65F on the AV-8B N/A and there's no evidence to support that they did is outright false.

How is it a precedent? All you've done is say "well x is unrealistic, so y should be too" without justifying why and just taking it as a given.

Worse is that it's for a module that is completely unrelated to the K4, by a different developer.

If gunpods are accurate however, then I'm all for it.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Everything I've read says the Marines never used the AGM-65F. You have secondary sources that have quotes from a pilot which states they did, which is ironic since the only sources for the 109 K4 carrying gun pods are secondary sources that have quotes from pilots.

I think people are just wanting some consistency.

• Like 1