M2000 + NTTR FPS Problem?

Justificus

I haven't flown this module in a couple of months or so and was just testing things due to losing my input setting for most of my modules when I was shocked to see that going into the cockpit of a cold parked M2000 in a mission I created gives me 2-3fps where all my other modules in the same mission give me a consistent 60fps even when flying low over downtown Vegas! I did a quick look around to see if anyone else has reported this and didn't see anything. Is this just an issue with me and my mission? I'm off to see what it is like in 1.5 and with any missions that may have come with the module for NTTR. Thanks for any feedback.

EDIT: Okay, tested it in 1.5, no problems. Started my NTTR mission again and added a new M2000 to it to take off hot from the runway, no problems! Jumped in the parked one and it's 2-3fps again... I'll just have to get rid of that one... Very odd as I haven't seen this behavior before. Thanks for reading and Mods, feel free to delete this post if warranted as it is not a bug with the module.

EDIT#2: I first noticed, before deleting my parked Mirage, that the ME was saying it was in position G34 (at Nellis) when in fact it was actually in F65. So I thought I figured out the problem! Wrong. Placed it in various parking spots and before hitting the fly button the FPS are as they should be, 58-60fps, but as soon as I hit fly they go to 2-3fps. Starting hot on the runway does not have this issue though. Very odd indeed! So no cold starts for this bird in this mission.

Edited by Justificus
Add more info

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Okay, there is definitely something wrong with this module and the NTTR map, at least on my computer. To test it I just created a new mission with nothing but the M2000 parked at Nellis in spot F65 and as soon as I hit start the FPS are 2-3. Hitting fly still keeps them there. There is nothing in the mission at all other than this plane. Anyone else able to replicate this? Is this a known issue and I just couldn't find it? Thanks for anyone able to check this.

EDIT: I should add that this is an unmodded install, nothing added, not even custom skins.

Edited by Justificus
Add info

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Okay, there is definitely something wrong with this module and the NTTR map, at least on my computer. To test it I just created a new mission with nothing but the M2000 parked at Nellis in spot F65 and as soon as I hit start the FPS are 2-3. Hitting fly still keeps them there. There is nothing in the mission at all other than this plane. Anyone else able to replicate this? Is this a known issue and I just couldn't find it? Thanks for anyone able to check this.

EDIT: I should add that this is an unmodded install, nothing added, not even custom skins.

I've just tried my mirage in NTTR and have no such problems, maybe delete your saved game information and let dcs build a new one or possibly run a repair?

I've just tried my mirage in NTTR and have no such problems, maybe delete your saved game information and let dcs build a new one or possibly run a repair?

leecush, thanks for taking the time to check it out. Odd how only the M2000 is affected and only when parked, at least at Nellis as I haven't checked elsewhere, but will try repairing as you suggest and see what's up then.

Justificus

System Specs:

It's a bug and already reported.

Solution is to CLOSE YOUR CANOPY.

Seriously? Thanks! I did look/search to see if I could find anything about it but obviously missed it... :( Thanks for letting me know! Obviously I've been out of the M2000 loop too long.

Justificus

System Specs:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I see this problem was reported as known issue due to update 2.0.5.2576, but has actually been there before. I can confirm it's dropping from 60 FPS to 6-7 FPS with 2.0.5.1648.165, so I doubt the latest update makes things worse ;)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

With latest patch at least burner lights off in Nevada but I still get constant flapping from flight controls and with anything more that super gentle airline pilot steady elevator application I get sudden full pitch up and the airplane swaps ends and departs.

I think all is well in Georgia but will have to confirm.

The only NTTR FPS problem I get when flying the M-2000C is caused by cloud spawning.

If I fly in any weather that is not clear, every time DCS has to change the cloud formation the entire sim will stop until the new formation is in place.

Unfortunately that is quite frequent as the cloud formation changes with your fly path and in some cases it is so bad as to be a slidehow.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

With latest patch at least burner lights off in Nevada but I still get constant flapping from flight controls and with anything more that super gentle airline pilot steady elevator application I get sudden full pitch up and the airplane swaps ends and departs.

I'll check this.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

This is part of the current big 2.0 bug that spans across multiple modules.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=184062

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=184537

ED is gonna have to figure this one out.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

This is part of the current big 2.0 bug that spans across multiple modules.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=184062

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=184537

ED is gonna have to figure this one out.

Okay. here is the thing that jumped to my eyes immediately:

By the way, I have uninstalled and reinstalled that VC14 Runtime Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 as instructed in the changelog.

You see, my computer is a development computer. I don't have the VC14 runtime Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3. I have the entire Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition installed. So I not only have the redistributables installed by default, I even have the development libraries as well.

So this could be a missing C++ library that is not available on the redistributable version.

You see, my computer is a development computer.

Testing software on a development machine seems like asking for trouble. ED's testers have the same problem, IMHO. Testing needs to be done in an environment which is a close as possible to the 'average' user environment.

A machine with the entire VC development package installed, or versions of DCS that have not been released is hardly a viable testing platform.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Testing software on a development machine seems like asking for trouble. ED's testers have the same problem, IMHO. Testing needs to be done in an environment which is a close as possible to the 'average' user environment.

A machine with the entire VC development package installed, or versions of DCS that have not been released is hardly a viable testing platform.

+1.

I see though that ED apparently found the problem and the fix is set for the next NTTR update.

(https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=184790)

Edited by jjohnson241

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67