DCS UFC ( Android app )

pet333r

This is what Export.lua looks good. The port is 25070 UDP. Windows firewall can block incoming connections. Turn off all the software you have for a while and check if it's ok. Are the data on the LCD displays displayed in the application?

Doing the firewall jazz now. So, which ports do I need to open - 5160 or 25070? Should they be inbound or outbound? TCP or UDP? There are many variables to consider.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

ok, turns out the issue was the version of the script I downloaded - I grabbed the one on the front of the page here: https://github.com/pet333r/pw-dev_script

Not the script file here: https://github.com/pet333r/pw-dev_script/releases

As soon as I deleted the first, and replaced with the zip from the second link, it was all working fairly well. However, about 5 minutes into the flight the warning display stopped working? My in-cockpit warning lights were all working, but the DCS UFC version was not. Strange, as all four displays were working at the start - 3 x DCS UFC on tablets, 1 x DCS AoA on a smartphone.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

ok, turns out the issue was the version of the script I downloaded - I grabbed the one on the front of the page here: https://github.com/pet333r/pw-dev_script

Not the script file here: https://github.com/pet333r/pw-dev_script/releases

As soon as I deleted the first, and replaced with the zip from the second link, it was all working fairly well. However, about 5 minutes into the flight the warning display stopped working? My in-cockpit warning lights were all working, but the DCS UFC version was not. Strange, as all four displays were working at the start - 3 x DCS UFC on tablets, 1 x DCS AoA on a smartphone.

The files that are on the main page of the script (not in the zip file) are files directly linked to my DCS. In such a situation, when after a few minutes you stop receiving data, some software installed on the PC must cause this (was Windows Firewall / Bitdefender turned off for a certain period of time? After which it started?).

If the script receives data, it will receive it, but if it cannot send it over the network, the device will have nothing to receive. Test it with:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xowl6rv0528ucif/DCS_ScriptTester.zip?dl=0

- In Config.lua change one of your IP (example: 192.168.1.4 to 127.0.0.1)

- run DCS, some mission in F-14 / F-16 / FA-18

- run DCS_ScriptTester.exe from downloaded zip

- select 1 and Enter

will display data from DCS to you, you should receive data even if it does not reach Android (this will mean that some software is blocking their forwarding)

Simple, just install the script in DCS https://github.com/pet333r/pw-dev_script and enter the IP address of the Android device to which the data will be sent in the configuration file. There is no need for any cables, at most you can connect to the charger ;-)

ACM you say .. hehe

attachment.php?attachmentid=242709&stc=1&d=1594988365

.. and then A-10C AHCP, new IFEI for Hornet .. and something else heh

attachment.php?attachmentid=242710&stc=1&d=1594988365

Thanks for the reply, mate.

I had just purchased it and it's working.

But I have a small issue. I am using this app mainly to use it for my UFCP on my JF-17.

But the issue is 1: I don't want the indicator light panel on top of UFCP. I just want UFCP.

2: My phone's screen won't rotate if I hold it side way. Can you make it to display UFCP side way, please?

Thanks very much.

Edit:

Wait. It's not actually working. Sorry I just tested it.

It will display UFCP and Warning light panel. But MFCD won't display anything. At the same time, I can't press those buttons on the phone. Nothing happens when I press them. So I still have to press them on my PC.

Edited by J-20

Thanks for the reply, mate.

I had just purchased it and it's working.

But I have a small issue. I am using this app mainly to use it for my UFCP on my JF-17.

But the issue is 1: I don't want the indicator light panel on top of UFCP. I just want UFCP.

2: My phone's screen won't rotate if I hold it side way. Can you make it to display UFCP side way, please?

Thanks very much.

Edit:

Wait. It's not actually working. Sorry I just tested it.

It will display UFCP and Warning light panel. But MFCD won't display anything. At the same time, I can't press those buttons on the phone. Nothing happens when I press them. So I still have to press them on my PC.

You mean UFCP in landscape mode on the side with indicators? I think I could add it, you just have to think that it makes sense (so that the panel is not too small and you can click the button on smaller devices)

MFCD the first time you have to click in the middle and select from the context menu which panel you want to use

You mean UFCP in landscape mode on the side with indicators? I think I could add it, you just have to think that it makes sense (so that the panel is not too small and you can click the button on smaller devices)

MFCD the first time you have to click in the middle and select from the context menu which panel you want to use

Thanks for the quick reply, sir.

I did click in the middle and select the MFCD I wanted. But nothing happened. The frame and buttons for MFCD were there. But nothing else displayed, as if the power for MFCD wasn't on.

As for UFCP and warning light panel, the display were correct. But they aren't responding to my clicking. I still have to click them from PC.

Thanks for the quick reply, sir.

I did click in the middle and select the MFCD I wanted. But nothing happened. The frame and buttons for MFCD were there. But nothing else displayed, as if the power for MFCD wasn't on.

As for UFCP and warning light panel, the display were correct. But they aren't responding to my clicking. I still have to click them from PC.

The image is not yet displayed on the MFCD. So far, it's a better alternative to the Thrustmaster Cougar (with the right amount of buttons for the JF-17)

The files that are on the main page of the script (not in the zip file) are files directly linked to my DCS. In such a situation, when after a few minutes you stop receiving data, some software installed on the PC must cause this (was Windows Firewall / Bitdefender turned off for a certain period of time? After which it started?).

If the script receives data, it will receive it, but if it cannot send it over the network, the device will have nothing to receive. Test it with:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xowl6rv0528ucif/DCS_ScriptTester.zip?dl=0

- In Config.lua change one of your IP (example: 192.168.1.4 to 127.0.0.1)

- run DCS, some mission in F-14 / F-16 / FA-18

- run DCS_ScriptTester.exe from downloaded zip

- select 1 and Enter

will display data from DCS to you, you should receive data even if it does not reach Android (this will mean that some software is blocking their forwarding)

I've disabled BitDefender entirely, and let 5160 through my firewall - warning panel still no-go. If it was a blocking issue, wouldn't it affect all 4 displays, and not just 1? Will try out your test scrip soon.

sigh

Mine seems to only work in "reverse". Meaning, I can't flip any switch from my tablet to the cockpit, but if I use the mouse to flip a switch, turn a dial etc on the A-10C cockpit (monitor) I can see the corresponding switch, dial move on the tablet screen.

And no display at all on the MFCD feature

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

sigh

Mine seems to only work in "reverse". Meaning, I can't flip any switch from my tablet to the cockpit, but if I use the mouse to flip a switch, turn a dial etc on the A-10C cockpit (monitor) I can see the corresponding switch, dial move on the tablet screen.

And no display at all on the MFCD feature

I've had this issue. Every time it was an IP config error on my end. Have you set static IPs for all of your devices, including your PC?

I've had this issue. Every time it was an IP config error on my end. Have you set static IPs for all of your devices, including your PC?

affirmative

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

Dumb question:

I'm running DCS Steam version.

I already have a 'Scripts' folder located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld

Should I use that location or Create a "Scripts" folder under C:\user\SRPC\Saved Games\DCS

??

--Arthur C Clark

Dumb question:

I'm running DCS Steam version.

I already have a 'Scripts' folder located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld

Should I use that location or Create a "Scripts" folder under C:\user\SRPC\Saved Games\DCS

??

Yes! All scripts must be installed in this location (C:\user\SRPC\Saved Games\DCS) not to the folder where DCS World is installed

Yes! All scripts must be installed in this location (C:\user\SRPC\Saved Games\DCS) not to the folder where DCS World is installed

Thanks.

That's where I have them. I at least had it working in reverse last night. Now, nothing.

see my post above

--Arthur C Clark

Thanks.

That's where I have them. I at least had it working in reverse last night. Now, nothing.

see my post above

Let us understand each other well. You have the script installed in:

C:\user\SRPC\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts ??

because it must be installed there

Let us understand each other well. You have the script installed in:

C:\user\SRPC\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts ??

because it must be installed there

Correct... On a whim I tried each after it initially stopped working.

--Arthur C Clark

Maybe your router assigned different IP addresses to devices? Did you check?

Multiple times.

I'm going to try a complete rip and replace this evening. I still find it bizarre that it was functioning in "reverse". Pressing switches on the tablet had no effect in cockpit, but flipping switches in the cockpit, I could see the corresponding switches move on the tablet screen.

--Arthur C Clark

Multiple times.

I'm going to try a complete rip and replace this evening. I still find it bizarre that it was functioning in "reverse". Pressing switches on the tablet had no effect in cockpit, but flipping switches in the cockpit, I could see the corresponding switches move on the tablet screen.

there may be two reasons:

- wrong computer IP address specified in DCS UFC settings (check if it is correct, maybe some typo, enter IP again)

- some additional software is blocking incoming connections to the PC

Still working my way to get this app to work with the Hornet. I am sure it has something to do with ports and firewall. But I did notice under settings that under Modules the F16 and JF17 are fine but the F18 is grayed out and I cannot slide the button to activate it like the F16 which I can

Still working my way to get this app to work with the Hornet. I am sure it has something to do with ports and firewall. But I did notice under settings that under Modules the F16 and JF17 are fine but the F18 is grayed out and I cannot slide the button to activate it like the F16 which I can
How does it not work? regarding this option, it is not active yet

Did a complete reinstall/reconfigure. Created new static IPs for PC (192.168.1.180) and tablet (192.168.1.175), adjusted forwarded ports to reflect IP change, settings in app to new PC IP.

Still only have reverse functionality. Any and every firewall, windows defender are OFF.

Here is my Export.lua

export.thumb.JPG.2110d4f40d31aec1e1d087a63bd999f0.JPG

My Config.lua

-- properties

ExportScript.Config = {}

-- device 1

ExportScript.Config.Export = true -- sending data

ExportScript.Config.Export1SD = false -- sendind data from SD

ExportScript.Config.Host = "192.168.1.175" -- IP for 1st app

ExportScript.Config.Port = 5160 -- port for sending data

-- device 2

ExportScript.Config.Export2 = true -- sending data

ExportScript.Config.Export2SD = false -- sendind data from SD

ExportScript.Config.Host2 = "192.168.1.175" -- IP for 2nd app

ExportScript.Config.Port2 = 5160 -- port for sending data

-- device 3

ExportScript.Config.Export3 = true -- sending data

ExportScript.Config.Export3SD = true -- sendind data from SD

ExportScript.Config.Host3 = "192.168.1.175" -- IP for 3rd app

ExportScript.Config.Port3 = 5160 -- port for sending data

-- device 4

ExportScript.Config.Export4 = true -- sending data

ExportScript.Config.Export4SD = true -- sendind data from SD

ExportScript.Config.Host4 = "127.0.0.1" -- IP for 3rd app

ExportScript.Config.Port4 = 5160 -- port for sending data

-- receive commands from external apps

ExportScript.Config.Listener = true -- listen commands from apps

ExportScript.Config.ListenerPort = 25070 -- Listener Port receiving commands

-- data separator (do not change)

ExportScript.Config.Separator = ";"

-- Other

ExportScript.Config.ExportInterval = 0.05 -- export every 0.05 seconds

ExportScript.Config.ExportLowTickInterval = 0.1 -- export every 0.x seconds

ExportScript.Config.ExportModulePath = lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\pw-dev_script\Modules\]]

ExportScript.Config.FirstNewDataSend = true

ExportScript.Config.FirstNewDataSendCount = 100

-- data export ( change to true if You are using DCS AoA Indexer )

ExportScript.Config.ExportSelfData = false -- export SelfData (Lat, Lon, Alt etc.) every LowTickInterval

-- export Displays data

ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysA10C = true -- A-10C

ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysAV8BNA = true -- AV8BNA (UFC, ODU, UVHF)

ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysF14B = true -- F-14B

ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysF16 = true -- F-16C Viper (DED, CMDS, UHF)

ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysFA18 = true -- F/A-18C (UFC)

ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysFA18Ifei = true -- F/A-18C (IFEI)

ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysJF17 = true -- JF-17 (UFC)

ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysM2000 = true -- Mirage 2000C

ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysKA50 = true -- Ka-50

ExportScript.Config.ExportTWS = true -- Threats from FC3

-- if you don't use CDU in A-10C and you want better performance on older devices, change to false

ExportScript.Config.ExportA10C_CDU = true

--Arthur C Clark

Did a complete reinstall/reconfigure. Created new static IPs for PC (192.168.1.180) and tablet (192.168.1.175), adjusted forwarded ports to reflect IP change, settings in app to new PC IP.

Still only have reverse functionality. Any and every firewall, windows defender are OFF.

Here is my Export.lua

[ATTACH]244350[/ATTACH]

why you have the same entry twice in the file Export.lua?

local lfs=require('lfs'); dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\pw-dev_script\Export.lua]])

if you use one device, enter its IP only once, not 3 times:

with this configuration PC will try to send the same 3x to device (which will sooner lead to a blockage)