Changing standard CM loadout?

Impact

Is there a way to change the standard loadout without using the mission editor? I prefer to have a different loadout and I would like to have 40 chaff 40 flares set as my standard.

It is annoying to take off and then notice that the loadout is again 60 chaff 30 flares. Is there a standard setting in a lua file that is used when placing hornets on missions?

------=:: I FLY BLEIFREI ::=------

IIRC this was possible through the FA-18C.lua in Core Mods, but you can't alter that file anymore. If you do, you won't be able to select the plane in the game.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

So they app Bailey's put together won't work? Haven't had time to test it myself yet though.

I'm not using it myself (I just use OVGME), but if IIRC, it only alters the CM program presets, not the total quantities. That's done in a different place, in the Mods folder and works fine.

What was removed is the ability to mess with lua files located in Core Mods.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I'm not using it myself (I just use OVGME), but if IIRC, it only alters the CM program presets, not the total quantities. That's done in a different place, in the Mods folder and works fine.

What was removed is the ability to mess with lua files located in Core Mods.

Aha! Of course, didn't read this correctly I guess. Thanks!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm not using it myself (I just use OVGME), but if IIRC, it only alters the CM program presets, not the total quantities.

Correct

I just found out that you can change the initial amount, but it is only for the mission editor and the change trips MP Integrity Check. The file is located at ...OpenBeta\CoreMods\aircraft\FA-18C\FA-18C.lua and you can make the changes on lines 228 and 230. Unfortunately, it seems that the amount that you get in game is defined by the mission editor (maker).

Well once we get the new flares for the Hornet, the new default will most likely be 60/60. Whenever that happens.

First I heard about that. How will they be different? If there wont be any graphical changes, shouldnt this only be a change of a number? Why is that so difficult?

------=:: I FLY BLEIFREI ::=------

First I heard about that. How will they be different? If there wont be any graphical changes, shouldnt this only be a change of a number? Why is that so difficult?

That's what you'd think, but apparently ED wants to properly model the right type of flare, which only takes up half as much space as the current flares we have...

I too wish we could get the proper amount at least as a stopgap measure...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset