Pimax 5K+ PiTool settings for DCS - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-01-2019, 04:46 PM   #1
Wilcino

Question Pimax 5K+ PiTool settings for DCS

Can those with more experience with VR settings and the 5k+ help me with the following 2 issues:

1. Zoom function in DCS just goes weird. Not sure how to describe it, feels like the zoom of each lens is in a different direction. In contrast the zoom in my Vive felt okay. Is this "parallel projections", or "hidden mask" setting?

2. Possibly a more general headset question. I have found that my vision in the centre of the headset is blurred, but my vision maybe 40% towards the edges is sharper (though go further and it becomes blurred again and distorted). I've tried adjusting the IPD, this appears to mainly effect which direction becomes sharper. A low IPD setting makes looking left sharp, a high setting makes looking right sharp, but at no setting is it sharp in the middle. I can make it sharp in the middle by pulling the headset down, but that is further down that it would actually sit and a long way from the vertical "center".
Wilcino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:38 PM   #2
etherbattx

IPD is the physical measurement between your pupils.

once measured and set, you shouldn’t need to adjust it in tool or in game.
etherbattx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:01 PM   #3
DDSSTT

Wilcino,

Had the same problem with VR Zoom, to fix it go to your PiTool -> Settings -> HMD, and check the box for "Compatible with parallel projections".
DDSSTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pimax, setup, virtual reality