Stick Animation Bug

Krupi

The bottom of the sticks appears to be moving, it is like the axis is off set.

It turns around the elevator rod rather than move it! :huh::huh:

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

I think I know wat you mean.

But the the stick is swiveling around this fixed point, this is not the elevator rod.

The elevator rod is attached to the lowest end of the stick, a short length below this swivel point.

If you have track IR you can lean fwd to look down in the hole, past the swivel point, and see the actual elevator rod.

As I see it, it works fine and the linkage is as it should be.

Hope this helps...

I think we are on the same page, so to clarify....

Capture.jpg

Red is where the column axis should be an Blue is what we currently see?

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Not really sure what you mean by column axis.

but..

Red is where, in reality, the push pull rod from the elevator is connected (lowest point of the stick)

Blue is where the stick swivels around. ( a fixed point in the frame with a bold /nut connection for the hinge..).

So if you push the stick fwd , the bottom end is moving backward because of the swivel or hinge point (blue), and pushes the elevator down.

Greetz..

No that is my point the current hinge point is actually the rod that drives the elevator.

There is nothing below the blue point that drives the elevator...

Project IX Cockpit

There is, look closely

Also if you follow the gearbox motion it currently clashes with the structure! :doh:

I think this is one of the main reasons the spitfire had low elevator forces a MASSIVE leverage system.

Project IX Cockpit

Ah, now I see it...

it looked as a logical construction in the Game, but now I see that in the real Spit is different.

You are correct Krupi, it is a Bug, and a real big one too I think, I hope it is not to much work for the Dev's to correct. !!

Greetings

John

Ah, now I see it...

it looked as a logical construction in the Game, but now I see that in the real Spit is different.

You are correct Krupi, it is a Bug, and a real big one too I think, I hope it is not to much work for the Dev's to correct. !!

Greetings

John

Yes it looks logical unless you have been pouring over spitfire drawings for months :lol: :smartass:

DSC_6063.jpg

:music_whistling:

Project IX Cockpit

The stick Looks great,

And they say, it is just a hobby.....:)

Is it working out to get it functional in pitch and roll ??

The roll mechanism seems difficult to do to me !

Have fun building..

John

Right you are, it is going to be tricky.

I have a idea or two, once I am a bit further along I plan on bouncing the idea off the cockpit builders on this forum and see what they say :joystick:

Project IX Cockpit

Awesome thanks Sokol, that thread as come a long way :thumbup:

Unfortunately my "BBC" button is quite basic in comparison to the actual thing :lol:, I will have to see what can be done given the little space I have left :doh:

I am just collecting some images of my current project and could use your input if you don't mind, I will send you a message when I have created a thread :thumbup:

Project IX Cockpit

Loving this module thanks again for all your effort, she is incredible you should be proud :thumbup:

Project IX Cockpit

• 3 years later...

Hey Chaps,

This bug has returned!

Unfortunately my pictures are long gone, I still have the ones used to show the error I just need to dig them up.

Here is one showing the stick currently the column is rotating around the mid point Elevator Connecting Rod attachment rather than around the base of the column.

controls02.thumb.jpg.2cd990c3ad54acdeb1bed55e68b04d61.jpg

Edited by Krupi

Project IX Cockpit

Yes, so the red arrow shows the rotation of the column on the structure, whilst the blue arrow shows how the input back and forth of the column movement on the attached rod.

The blue arrow shouldn't show a rotation really, more of a straight arrow

Project IX Cockpit