DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Just out of curiosity...Is there a Linux version of the server?

Sierra

Currently no but i'd like to make one once I've got the client finalised. Its written in C# which in theory is cross platform now but we'll see!

Is there a known issue that the VHF radio on the gazelle does not work with Simple Radio?

Just found it out today.

Working ok for me, just tested. Make sure the mode selector is on Manual though. I think its a left click on the second wheel in the screenshot. Bit tricky to see but from the Co-pilot seat its more obvious.

Gazelle.thumb.JPG.c0668af187d60e4ac18c1cf8c78ba257.JPG

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hey Ciribob!

First off. Excellent work. This is exactly what we need.

Secondly, I've got a little problem. I'm using Thrustmasters t.a.r.g.e.t software for most of my mapping for added functionality to my Warthog stick and throttle. I am able to output DX-buttons via the skript and DCS itself recognises the inputs (from the virtual input device, since t.a.r.g.e.t combines both the controllers virtually...).

The problem is, SimpleRadio Standalone does not recognize these inputs... I tested, and if I run SRS with no skripts for my controllers, it recognises buttons with no issue.

Could it just be that SRS doesn't for some reason understand virtual controllers?

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

• Like 1

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Great job on the Simple Radios! Although I have not tested myself, I have it installed and ready to go.

One issue I am experiencing is that the controls is no loner picking up certain hotkeys which were working about 2 or 3 versions ago.

Previously I was able to use my mode selector switch on my x56 and set all 3 modes to be a radio selector, at the moment it will only pick up 2 of the 3. Has anything been changed in regards to binding the hot keys?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes.

Open the client and connect to the server, open the GUI and launch DCS.

You can see if it works in single player too:

Open the Server, open the client and connect to your server (IP: 127.0.0.1)

Open the GUI.

Launch DCS.

Start one mission, better if the airplane is started to make a quick test, if all works as indeed you will see in the GUI the name of the radio and the frequency.

Hey Ciribob!

First off. Excellent work. This is exactly what we need.

Secondly, I've got a little problem. I'm using Thrustmasters t.a.r.g.e.t software for most of my mapping for added functionality to my Warthog stick and throttle. I am able to output DX-buttons via the skript and DCS itself recognises the inputs (from the virtual input device, since t.a.r.g.e.t combines both the controllers virtually...).

The problem is, SimpleRadio Standalone does not recognize these inputs... I tested, and if I run SRS with no skripts for my controllers, it recognises buttons with no issue.

Could it just be that SRS doesn't for some reason understand virtual controllers?

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

Great job on the Simple Radios! Although I have not tested myself, I have it installed and ready to go.

One issue I am experiencing is that the controls is no loner picking up certain hotkeys which were working about 2 or 3 versions ago.

Previously I was able to use my mode selector switch on my x56 and set all 3 modes to be a radio selector, at the moment it will only pick up 2 of the 3. Has anything been changed in regards to binding the hot keys?

Hi, I also with the latest keyboard fix I am unable to bind any button on my X52 Pro.

Please test this new version, I've changed how devices are found and used.

If you are a X52, X55 and Warthog target user please let me know if this works.

Make sure to open the overlay after running TARGET. Tested with TARGET and it seemed to work now.

devices.thumb.JPG.929ae3e3045cd1d4534f7814331228bc.JPG

SR-ClientRadio-X52-Warthog.zip

Edited by Ciribob
  • Like 1

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Yess! Works like a charm.

Thanks Ciribob!

Great! I've heard that it worked for X55 so just need X52 to confirm and I'll do a release of this version properly :)

Affirmative, X-52 works too with this latest X-52_Warthog exe.

Great! Thanks for testing. I'll do a release tomorrow evening for everyone with some other tweaks.

We've just had a record 36 concurrent users on one SimpleRadio server :)

We've just had a record 36 concurrent users on one SimpleRadio server :)

This is really good news! Thanks for your great work! Looking forward to the additional features.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel

Hi Ciribob!

Question just to clarify: in the fix for X-52 "only" (post #196) the zip contained an opus.dll too to paste in. Then the common fix for both X-52 AND Warthog (post #210) was an exe alone.

Now should X-52 users use the previous X-52 fix with that NEW opus.dll, or can we forget the X-52 only version, and simply go with the latest "X-52 and Warthog" version and we don’t need the new opus.dll anymore, we can go with the old opus.dll?

THX

Hi Ciribob!

Question just to clarify: in the fix for X-52 "only" (post #196) the zip contained an opus.dll too to paste in. Then the common fix for both X-52 AND Warthog (post #210) was an exe alone.

Now should X-52 users use the previous X-52 fix with that NEW opus.dll, or can we forget the X-52 only version, and simply go with the latest "X-52 and Warthog" version and we don’t need the new opus.dll anymore, we can go with the old opus.dll?

THX

Always keep the opus.dll in the same place as the SR-Client, its used to decode audio and is very unlikely to change in any build.

So copy from post 210's zip the SR-Client exe and put it where ever you put your previous SR-Client, and keep the same opus.dll from any build. I'll do a release tonight anyway which you will be prompted to update too when you run the SR-Client.

Change-log will likely be:

• improved input support + Keyboard support again
  • Changes to Mirage encrypted radio so it only works on one Radio (new research by Tarres)
  • Microphone Boost Tweak
  • Overall Audio Boost option

Tested it for a couple of days already loving it!

Is it possible you add an envelope audio filter? When people get exited over comms the clacker and threshold can be quite high. It sometimes feel like its gonna break my headset from the saturation.

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I started thinking about the Mirage encryption key, and I wonder, could it be changed while the program is running, Ciribob? I mean, by building the overlay so, that it could be changed without touching the .luas directly?

The less the end user needs to stick his/her hands on any .lua or skript file, the better.

It could be filtered so, that the aircraft would need to be stationary (i.e. on the ground), with no damage, engine off and electrics off... That way no-one could just go and change it airborne, if that's what you couldn't do in the real thing, but still allow you to change it without the need to restart programs and edit files.

Just an idea.

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Tested it for a couple of days already loving it!

Is it possible you add an envelope audio filter? When people get exited over comms the clacker and threshold can be quite high. It sometimes feel like its gonna break my headset from the saturation.

I think this is caused by the microphone boost...? Its not fixed in this but its more obvious what the slider does so hopefully it wont be so bad.

I started thinking about the Mirage encryption key, and I wonder, could it be changed while the program is running, Ciribob? I mean, by building the overlay so, that it could be changed without touching the .luas directly?

The less the end user needs to stick his/her hands on any .lua or skript file, the better.

It could be filtered so, that the aircraft would need to be stationary (i.e. on the ground), with no damage, engine off and electrics off... That way no-one could just go and change it airborne, if that's what you couldn't do in the real thing, but still allow you to change it without the need to restart programs and edit files.

Just an idea.

No worries, the LUA is a short term solution. Eventually it'll be added to the overlay for F-15C and Mirage :)

I'll do the work when I start on the GCI / AWACS radio as that'll have to have it

BTW just finalising a release and the encryption on the Mirage will be changed. Tarres found new information so its only on the UHF radio and controlled via the green button by the Radio.

m2000c.thumb.JPG.6b7ae3ff75bf270c50748032a01f0e26.JPG

New Release - Version v1.1.2.0

LUA files have changed again so make sure to manually update them or use the installer.

I've changed how input devices are handled so please let me know if you have any more issues (X-52, X-55 especially)

Change Log:

• Fixed Warthog Unified input using TARGET
  • Fixed X52 and X55 not always being detected
  • Fixed Keyboard Input
  • Made Overlay and Client run as Admin by default - Fixes overlay over DCS and Keyboard input
  • Radio Encryption Changed on M2000C to only UHF radio using the UHF CDE Switch - Thanks Tarres!
  • Fixed transmitting on 0.00 AM or No Radio
  • Added display of current microphone boost as %
  • Overlay Frequency goes RED to indicate receiving on GUARD
  • Skipped 1.1.1.0 because....

For the server host, you need to open UDP and TCP ports 5010 and 5002.

Banned IPs are added to a file created where ever the server is run called banned.txt. To unban, just delete the IP from the file and restart the server.

Make sure if you install manually to copy the DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua file as well as the DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua to the scripts folder or it wont work.

Please let me know if you have any issues! :)

DOWNLOAD HERE - Unzip all files and Run the Installer: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Manual Install Procedure

Copy DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua from the zip to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts - Create the folder if it doesnt exist

Copy DCS-SRSGameGUI from the zip to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

Add to the END of the Export.lua file in C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts:

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

If Export.lua doesn't exist, just create the file and add the single line to it.

Copy the rest of the zip files where ever you like and then run, don't forget to keep opus.dll with the rest of the .exes

Encrypted Radios

DCS-SRS now supports encrypted Radios with differing keys. If a Radio receives an encrypted voice signal but doesnt have either the correct decryption key or decryption equipment, white noise will be played.

A radio with encryption enabled can hear non encrypted transmissions as normal.

Encryption is shown on the Radio overlay with an E followed by a number by the radio. The number indicates the key that is in use.

Mirage

Procedure to enable Encrypted Audio:

• Setup Radios as Normal
  • Press the Green UHF CDE Switch
  • By default the Mirage will use Key Code 3

attachment.php?attachmentid=144564&d=1468959204

To change the Mirage code, go to Saved Games\DCS\Scripts and edit DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua. Use Notepad++ or another good text editor, NOT Notepad!

Change the line below:

SR.M2000C_ENCRYPTION_KEY = 3 -- Change your Mirage Encryption Key here. Set to a number (inclusive) between 1-15
                            -- Setting the number to 1-6 will allow you to talk to an A-10C with encryption

Save the file and reload the mission you're in. The Key will then be changed and shown on the Overlay again.

Edited by Ciribob

Yes, click over the displayed numbers and drag it.

@Ciribob, the names for the Gazelle radios are in the spreadsheet. Thanks to wolf5.

Ah sorry, I forgot to add them! Next release. Thanks wolf5 :)

I'm not sure how many that uses the TAW SR Radio server but I have anyway updated it. :thumbup:

TAW SR server is updated to 1.1.2.0. Set IP address in Simple Radio client to 37.59.10.136. You can play on any of our 4 servers.