DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - Page 217 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-17-2018, 09:21 PM   #2161
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker1994 View Post
In-game coms are a great idea, all you need to do now is introduce ATC that can be operated by players. Much like Flight Sim X. That would be awesome
Why not use the AWACS panel? Seems to me that's exactly what it's there for.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:55 AM   #2162
Cruiser18

My Simple radio does not obey the rules I set up with fx Radio 1 using the "left" audio channel and radio 2 using the "right" audio channel. Everything just comes out as "Both" all the time which makes it hard to differentiate who is talking.

Any idea why SRS doesn't follow the radio channel rules?
Cruiser18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:36 AM   #2163
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser18 View Post
My Simple radio does not obey the rules I set up with fx Radio 1 using the "left" audio channel and radio 2 using the "right" audio channel. Everything just comes out as "Both" all the time which makes it hard to differentiate who is talking.

Any idea why SRS doesn't follow the radio channel rules?
If your headset has virtual surround (as mine does) itll appear not to work. If I disable the virtual surround it then works perfectly, with left and right completely separated

For further support, please post your client.cfg so I can check that it's saving correctly.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:19 AM   #2164
Cruiser18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post
If your headset has virtual surround (as mine does) itll appear not to work. If I disable the virtual surround it then works perfectly, with left and right completely separated

For further support, please post your client.cfg so I can check that it's saving correctly.

I'm using a Steelseries Arctic 7 Wireless headset, but I have DTS turned off as it sounds quite bad to me.
Here's the .CFG file though. It seems to be saving the settings properly, but it just doesn't take effect in the software.

*Edit*

Actually wait, I searched through my Steelseries software and found that when i launch DCS, it also uses a sound profile that has DTS enabled which might be what is causing the problem. I will have a look and see if it fixes things.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg client.cfg (1.7 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Cruiser18; 06-18-2018 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:39 AM   #2165
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser18 View Post
I'm using a Steelseries Arctic 7 Wireless headset, but I have DTS turned off as it sounds quite bad to me.
Here's the .CFG file though. It seems to be saving the settings properly, but it just doesn't take effect in the software.

*Edit*

Actually wait, I searched through my Steelseries software and found that when i launch DCS, it also uses a sound profile that has DTS enabled which might be what is causing the problem. I will have a look and see if it fixes things.
Not sure about your particular headset but steel series headsets sometimes have a mono output for the "chat" output. If that's selected it won't work either as it only has one channel.

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:57 AM   #2166
Cruiser18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post
Not sure about your particular headset but steel series headsets sometimes have a mono output for the "chat" output. If that's selected it won't work either as it only has one channel.

Damn you are right. Just opened the chat output for the headset, and it only uses 1 channel, 16 bit, 48.000 mhz. That would explain it. I'll have to see if I can change it to two channels, or move the chat sounds over to the "Game" audio channels instead.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:11 PM   #2167
Cruiser18

Okay, that fixed the problem. The "Speaker & optional Mic Output" setting was set to use "Headset Earphone Steelseries Arctis 7 Chat" audio channel. I changed it to use the "Headphones Steelseries Arctis 7 Game" audio instead, and now the SRS communications properly come from left and right earphone.

Thank you for the help.