DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - Page 218 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-26-2018, 06:33 PM   #2171
Flaremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post
There is a new beta of SRS out that will make this possible using the external awacs mode. Basically means SRS can work without DCS running, but you'll need to run it on another pc and setup a server locally which should be easy enough.
Thank you for your help.

To recap:

# I need a second computer.
# This PC #2 is to be set up as a local server.
# I run SR-Server on it (EAM ON)
# On the main (DCS) computer I run SR-ClientRadio (toggle awacs overlay).

Is this correct?
How do I enable PTT on the second PC.

Thanks again for the help and this great application.
Flaremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:41 AM   #2172
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaremaster View Post
Thank you for your help.

To recap:

# I need a second computer.
# This PC #2 is to be set up as a local server.
# I run SR-Server on it (EAM ON)
# On the main (DCS) computer I run SR-ClientRadio (toggle awacs overlay).

Is this correct?
How do I enable PTT on the second PC.

Thanks again for the help and this great application.
No worries! List looks correct

You'll configure the an SRS client on each PC and you can bind whatever you have available on each PC for the Push to Talk

On the run running awacs you can use something like Middle mouse button or a game controller if you have on available. Keyboard shortcuts will also work

The EAM stuff is in beta - so if you try it and it works - please let me know!

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:11 PM   #2173
razorseal

How come I don't have mic boost? I'm sounding kinda distant
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	96
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	189363  
razorseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:40 PM   #2174
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorseal View Post
How come I don't have mic boost? I'm sounding kinda distant
SRS has autogain now. So either your microphone is to far from the corner of your mouth or the others need to adjust speaker boost, though -2 to 0 dB usually is pretty ok, unless you activate radio effects, then the receiver needs to boost the speaker a bit more.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC and an AHCP | Oculus Rift & controller
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 06:00 PM   #2175
razorseal

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrat View Post
SRS has autogain now. So either your microphone is to far from the corner of your mouth or the others need to adjust speaker boost, though -2 to 0 dB usually is pretty ok, unless you activate radio effects, then the receiver needs to boost the speaker a bit more.
got it thx!
Old 07-07-2018, 09:02 PM   #2176
razorseal

Is there a "donate" page or anything? I'd pay for this... but since it's free, you deserve something for this!
Old 07-08-2018, 03:38 AM   #2177
SDsc0rch

it probably just asks each client their LAT and LONG - it takes that info, does its quick calculation and spits out a result

your LAT/LONG position is no different if you're in single-player or multiplayer

YOU are a sentient human being that uses reason and context to form an assessment of the world and environment you're in - a computer does just that, calculates and computes - it is deterministic and it doesn't do anything more or less than precisely what its told

https://www.plough.com/en/topics/jus...e-and-the-soul

Last edited by SDsc0rch; 07-08-2018 at 03:41 AM.
SDsc0rch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:03 AM   #2178
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLM View Post
@Ciribob could you provide some feedback as to how SRS manages to accomplish this? I made some tests but it didnt work. One mission I started at 285nm from my friend and radios didnt work (OK), but then we got close to 10nm and it didnt work either (not ok).

thanks.
I'm still away but need more info - what were the settings on the server? Did you have frequencies on the SRS overlay? Were you both in singleplayer or multiplayer?

Search this thread for distance limitations. I did a write up of how it works a while ago

Both distance and line of sight are calculated and revieved power is calculated using Friis

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:56 PM   #2179
Nascar

Default Speaker boost feedback?

I think I have everything set up correctly but when I try it in multiplayer I can just hear mumbling. When I preview the audio I have speaker boost set at -6db and that sounds good. I watched the Grim Reapers guide and he said you might have to put the speaker boost all the way up. When I do that in the preview I get wicked feedback. I haven't tried that on the servers. Will that feedback be on the multiplayer servers or is it a function of the playback preview? How do I get it loud enough to hear but kill the feedback?
Thermaltake Overseer RX-I ATX Full Tower // CORSAIR RM Series RM1000 // GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z97X-Gaming GT // i7-4790K Devil's Canyon @ 4.6 // CRYORIG R1 Ultimate Dual Tower Heatsink // SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 128GB SSD // Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 2.5" 1TB SSD // Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 2400 // GTX 980Ti 6GB G1 Gaming OC Edition // CM Storm Recon Gaming Mouse // GX-Gaming Cavmanus Headset // Logitech G940 // Geko GSeat // Htc Vive
Nascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:21 PM   #2180
shagrat
ED Translator

Check, you have the correct output device selected (headphone?).

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC and an AHCP | Oculus Rift & controller
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote