After the Tomcat?

carss

Well I hope they dont leave us with just a basic F-14A and B. I would really hope we also get an F-14D and if that is not feasible they should at least incorporate post 1992-5 air to ground capabilities for the A and B.

Oh how I long to drop LGB's from a Tomcat!

After all of that DCS really needs an F-15E

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

+1

Well I say that but I would just love to see a Tornado. But you know what I mean.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Heatblur like to push the sim foward with each module and bring something new to the table.

Tornado is just a summation of Viggen and F-14 advancements, so I doubt it would be their choice.

A multi-engine prop would be new, or a >2 engine jet, for example.

Uhm, did you read Cobras comment on the first page of this thread?

We're working on another complex jet which will make good use of our own technologies.

That doesn't sound like a prop aircraft, but speaks for another multicrew aircraft. They're putting a lot of work in JESTER AI and doing all that for just one aircraft would not be very efficient.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Uhm, did you read Cobras comment on the first page of this thread?

That doesn't sound like a prop aircraft, but speaks for another multicrew aircraft. They're putting a lot of work in JESTER AI and doing all that for just one aircraft would not be very efficient.

I have seen that, hence why I also put ">2 engine jets" :)

As an aside, their complex jet isn't necessarily their next project. You just hope it is.

F-16A si strongely missing, that is curious because lot of documentation available and existing very good simulator like the famous Falcon 4.0, or Falcon allied force, now Falcon BMS. after F15, F14,F5, may be later F4 & F18.

it is next one missing to be opponent to M2000, Mig29

Edited by jpbordi

F-16A si strongely missing, that is curious because lot of documentation available and existing very good simulator like the famous Falcon 4.0, or Falcon allied force, now Falcon BMS. after F15, F14,F5, may be later F4 & F18.

it is next one missing to be opponent to M2000, Mig29

While that is true, a lot of people keep turning it down cause they have the F/A-18 already. I'd personally welcome the F-16 and really do hope it gets done. Also considering the fact they we're able to make a later variant of the F/A-18 with the AIM-9X, I don't see why a Block 52 with AIM-9X isn't possible

Edited by carss

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

I don't think the MiG-29 counts, it's not a full module. In fact, MiG-21bis aside, there is no full-fidelity opponent for the M-2000C (and soon to be F-14, F-18 ). I think that is a more pressing concern.

If I was given the choice, I would prioritize an actual MiG-29 (most likely A because documentation should be easier to get from NATO friendly countries) over an F-16. But of course, I would love to see them both make it into DCS!

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

I don't think the MiG-29 counts, it's not a full module. In fact, MiG-21bis aside, there is no full-fidelity opponent for the M-2000C (and soon to be F-14, F-18 ). I think that is a more pressing concern.

If I was given the choice, I would prioritize an actual MiG-29 (most likely A because documentation should be easier to get from NATO friendly countries) over an F-16. But of course, I would love to see them both make it into DCS!

Documentation isn't the challenge its permission. Documentation is one thing, but there are legal end and outs to tie up before DCS can do its full fidelity recreation. That's the hold up on the Red side. I hope that they can find a solution to that sooner rather than later. A modern red fighter would sell like hotcakes and breathe fire into the MP servers.

Blue team is going to be stacked by 2019. In multiplayer it always comes down to Red vs Blue.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

Yeah, they did get into legal trouble when trying to make a full fidelity Su-27. However I still think an export (or vanilla) model MiG-29 would be the most realistic variant to expect, as it is the most outdated.

But I think a MiG-23 (M-MLA) would be more realistic, and still fit the bill against the F-14 and M-2000C. These (RED side 4th gen fighters) are all, in the end, just pipe dreams that are most likely never going to get realized.

And in the end I just get the fear that the reason RAZBAMs MiG-23 got denied was pressure from the government. I sincerely hope I am wrong.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Not sure if you are aware, but there is a Chinese JF-17 in the works which will be full fidelity and also will have the PL-12 which is an AMRAAM/R-77 equivalent

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

A lot of aircraft need the updated radar tech to be viable sims. I think once 2.5 and the new radar tech is all worked out we will see more aircraft. If you notice they have been cleverly avoiding aircraft with advanced radar for a long time now. You can see that expectation with the development pipeline of aircraft we have now.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

The bottom line is: the F-14 is intended to be the bedrock for the next decade of Heatblur Simulations. We can afford a delay, but we can’t disrespect the F-14 with an underwhelming release. In addition to this, the F-14 is integral to the technologies and methodologies required to complete our ambitious product roadmap, which is chock full of interesting and complex multi seat jet aircraft.

My Tornado hopes are still flying high :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hopefully a Tornado and then maybe a Navy Phantom or an A5 Vigilante. The possibilities are endless. There are lots of cool multi-crew aircraft

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Hopefully a Tornado and then maybe a Navy Phantom or an A5 Vigilante. The possibilities are endless. There are lots of cool multi-crew aircraft

I doubt Heatblur will make a Phantom as Belsimtek is already working on one. The differences beteen the navy and the air force variants are too slim imho.

Tornado3 small.jpg