[REPORTED EARLIER] TWS

It will rather bug targets more than 160 nm away (I'm NOT KIDDING), then the two guys right in front of me

It is SO broken

And PLEASE make it not auto-scale the MFD !!! If lose lock within 20 miles you can't slew TDC fast enough to even bug the enemy!~!@!@#

And i can't even up the scale myself manually when a target is bugged !!

PLEASE disable the auto-scale right now , and for god's sake make TWS only bug the targets CURRENTLY IN YOUR MFD, and not 160 NAUTICAL MILES AWAY !

god i'm so frustrated

Edited by Csgo GE oh yeah

Seriously? Sounds like either a bug ( in that case you should place your post in the appropriate directory) or you have set up your plane incorrectly.

BTW: 160nm is offcourse much to far away to handle for your missiles

Anyhow: PLEASE consider a different approach to express your thoughts..

Thanks

Mate

Can you calm down with the complaint threads? We get it. The devs get it. The Viper is early early early access and there are bound to be countless changes to sensors and the flight model in the months to come. If you have an actual bug then report it in the bugs section and include a track file. If that bug is already reported then bump the report thread and include your track file and pertinent information. If the bug is unreported then make a new thread.

Not many here car about your issues.

What we do care about is honest bug reporting in the appropriate thread.

Do you read any of the previous posts in this forum to get an idea of where this module is?

Please, do us all and yourself a favour - don't post to complain or you will be ignored when it comes time for real issues.

I was using TWS only for 2+ hours on the 104th just fine, and this was without AWACS datalink to tell me where to look. Also I never see it auto scale unless you have a target bugged, in which case you'd want it to.

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

dundun92 , you don't want it to autoscale.

If you lose the bug in the 20nm scale, you can't slew fast enough to bug it again.

You may get your cursor on it, but by the time you press "up" it already moved, let alone press twice.

In the 10 nm scale tracks are just flying over your MFD, you can't even reach them because the TDC slew needs to accelerate first or something.

I mean, problems may be less obvious you're flying 15 vs 5 and you engage 1 target at a time, but when there's multiple tracks on the MFD it becomes a complete and utter mess. It will literally bug targets 160 nm away .

I also have to seem to bug every track seperately before i can TDS (right) to work on the tracks.

It's all just so disappointing. At this time the F16 is basically just a skin.

And they're going to work on the harm/agm first now ?

oh god please concentrate on air to air first

you don't want it to autoscale.

Perhaps that's how it works in the real aircraft? If so, yes I want it to auto-scale.

When the Hornet got its TWS, Wagz specifically commented on the radar display in TWS *not* autoscaling, as compared to the Falcon, because that's how it works in real life... This implies that the auto-scaling on the F-16's FCR page *is* realistic.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

It's all just so disappointing. At this time the F16 is basically just a skin.

Funny you say that when some of the best A2A pilots in the community consider it the most lethal A2A fighter RN, and I 100% agree with them. If you would stop the whining and try to actually learn the aircraft for what it is, you will find it to be a very potent aircraft.

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

legit responses, not sure why so many are critical - there are quite a few bugs around TWS.

My recommendation though is to choose wisely between TWS and SAM mode. Unless you definitely need to fire off shots at multiple bandits, the SAM mode is much more reliable.

There is a trick I use, I unselect all contacts, then one by one, select, deselect. Then when done I TMS right and I can start switching back and forth. It's a workaround, but works 90% of the time