HP Reverb G2 Announced - next Gen

dburne

Well some Patience is needed. I talked to hp in my Country. They answered, call us back next week. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

The UK site is still a reseller, and not HP direct.

I know but at least it's in the UK!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I know but at least it's in the UK!

:)

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I only pre-order from HP. The aftersales are fantastic. We all had problems with version 1 from the hp reverb last year.. HP send me a new one and asked sending me the old one, so i don't missed a day in VR! :D

So i stick with them. A reseller can be demanding the old one before sending a new one. And what to think of guarantees..long waits and hope for the best. music_whistling.gif

Any warranty though, your g2 would go to go back to hp and not the reseller since HP is the manufacturer.

Also the US preorder site is a third party too and not HP directly. So I'm not sure if this is the same thing as the German site.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

It is pretty clear: HP don't want to go direct to the consumer on this launch. For whatever reason. For the first few weeks you could return to the retailer if you want under distance selling regulations, but immediately and beyond that HP would be on the hook for warranty claims. I really don't see much difference if any for UK based customers to be ordering from Germany as opposed to the UK reseller. If I already had a preorder, then I would stick with what I had. If I was preordering right now I would preorder from the UK reseller.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks like the US order site - connection will most likely be troublesome too. Not sure why HP would use them for something like this. Seems like returns or exchanges would be a hassle.

I'm going to wait until I can just order directly from HP. Connection's return policy sucks and it doesn't seem they would cover your shipping either.

https://www.connection.com/IPA/Content/Support/Returns/Default

Edited by sze5003

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I wish Amazon would offer them for pre-order. I know I have no muss or fuss with any returns to them, in fact they would send me new device and a return authorization for the original to send back at my convenience within 30 days.

If Amazon were to offer I would order from there and cancel with this Connection outfit in a heartbeat. Just going to have to hope I get a good device that does not need any returning. Oculus has me a little spoiled in that department.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I wish Amazon would offer them for pre-order. I know I have no muss or fuss with any returns to them, in fact they would send me new device and a return authorization for the original to send back at my convenience within 30 days.

If Amazon were to offer I would order from there and cancel with this Connection outfit in a heartbeat. Just going to have to hope I get a good device that does not need any returning. Oculus has me a little spoiled in that department.

Totally agree, it's why we pay for prime or whatever it is now close to $120 a year. Amazon has always let me return things no problem. Bought a projector, close to over 1k, had some issues with the software where it wasn't doing what it needed to do. Amazon didn't bat an eye and let me return it/exchange it.

They do flag your account if you return several expensive items too frequently or so I have heard.

Knowing my luck with ordering new toys, I always end up getting the first one with some type of issue. It has never just been easy on any big purchase in my experience..I just have bad luck I suppose.

I'm going to wait until HP has them in stock directly and order from there. Seeing the trouble I had with HP customer service with the G1, I don't want to deal with Connection as a first point of contact.

https://www.roadtovr.com/hp-reverb-g2-announcement-pre-order-price-release-date/

Hp steps back from times to release by resellers. :D

Was to expect that resellers want your money first! yep... whoop there it is.... :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I pre-ordered from System Active, the UK seller. I'm not usually so impulsive and I'm now a little concerned as the money has been taken out of my account. I was expecting that to happen shortly prior to shipping.

Has anyone used them before?

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

I pre-ordered from System Active, the UK seller. I'm not usually so impulsive and I'm now a little concerned as the money has been taken out of my account. I was expecting that to happen shortly prior to shipping.

Has anyone used them before?

There was a fair bit of concern over on the AVforums about this. Then an employee of System Active joined the conversation. See post #222. For what it’s worth, I left my order with the German company.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/hp-reverb-g2.2282447/page-9

Same with me left it with German team, though I did um and ah for a bit

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

All I can say is that all attempts to get a response from the German Bestware site have failed.

I have tried emailing sales, emailing support, raising a query on the site, etc. over the last few days, and... NOTHING.

All they have done is take the £550 from my credit card.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

https://www.roadtovr.com/hp-reverb-g2-announcement-pre-order-price-release-date/

Hp steps back from times to release by resellers. :D

Was to expect that resellers want your money first! yep... whoop there it is.... :D

System Active have completely changed the text on their page now.

All I can say is that all attempts to get a response from the German Bestware site have failed.

I have tried emailing sales, emailing support, raising a query on the site, etc. over the last few days, and... NOTHING.

All they have done is take the £550 from my credit card.

They do seem to respond to threads on reddit

I also pre ordered from them , these posts make me depressed :d

I really don't understand what all the anxiousness is about. If you want an early G2 without waiting much beyond launch then pre order. German, UK or US HP Authorised reseller... whatever. I really doubt it matters provided you order from the same customs region. A few quid here and there maybe. A day or so extra there or so. No matter.

These HP resellers would routinely be taking orders for multiple workstation setups costing tens or hundreds of thousands of £. Our single order G2 headsets are probably a time intensive pain in the ass for them and they are doing it as a service to HP in order to keep their Platinum reseller status and keep in HPs good books.

If HP were denying knowledge of these resellers, fine... I would not preorder from such sites. But given the context here, chill people. Pre order. And go an do something else for 2 months. And relax.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I really don't understand what all the anxiousness is about. If you want an early G2 without waiting much beyond launch then pre order. German, UK or US HP Authorised reseller... whatever. I really doubt it matters provided you order from the same customs region. A few quid here and there maybe. A day or so extra there or so. No matter.

These HP resellers would routinely be taking orders for multiple workstation setups costing tens or hundreds of thousands of £. Our single order G2 headsets are probably a time intensive pain in the ass for them and they are doing it as a service to HP in order to keep their Platinum reseller status and keep in HPs good books.

If HP were denying knowledge of these resellers, fine... I would not preorder from such sites. But given the context here, chill people. Pre order. And go an do something else for 2 months. And relax.

Yep, i agree

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

I really don't understand what all the anxiousness is about.

My 'anxiousness' is relating to a company who are not cancelling my order (which was requested within hours of ordering), not answering any emails over the last 5 days, not answering contact requests on their web site, and have taken £550 out of my credit card!

Strange that somehow they are able to process payments very promptly, yet are unable to respond to multiple requests from a customer.

It's not anxiety, it is frustration at this appalling customer service, and bad experience of these type of resellers in the past.

You kinda brought this on yourself really and should really recognise this. I did the same as you, ordering from Germany initially. But when the UK reseller lowered the UK price I did not cancel the German order to save £20 or so because I realised the potential was there to have a ball ache communicating with people in Germany who are probably wading through a large number of orders.

5 days is plenty of time to expect a response I grant you. It is bad form not to respond, although you could probably understand that they might be short staffed due to Coronavirus and that many other UK customers might have ordered from them and cancelled once the UK reseller lowered prices.

How did you pay... credit card right...? So yeah, in terms of getting my money back I would be chilled. Just pissed off that they don't communicate. Write to the credit card company that you have contacted the retailer to cancel. Ask the credit card company how long to wait before raising an official disputed transaction with them and follow their guidance. And ask them to log communications as a prelude to a claim.

Heck, even write a letter to HP complaining if you are that pissed off.

(Any German citizens online here that know the distance selling regulations in Germany?)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Don,

I must say I'm quite hyped with this headset, also... Seems to be the best solution for DCS.

I'm eagerly awaiting your review/comparaison/advice since we both have Rift S ans pretty close rigs...

"An optimist is a guy who plants two seeds and runs to buy a hammock"

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | 32Go Corsair Vengeance 32Go DDR5 6000Mt/s CL30 | MasterLiquid ML360R | Corsair NVMe M.2 1To x2 | Seagate 2To SATA III | TM Warthog stick base w/ F/A-18C grip + WW Orion 2 throttle w/ F/A-18C grips | FSSB R3 L w/ TM F-16C grip + TM Viper TQS | MFG Crosswind V3 w/ damper kit | Meta Quest 3 128Go | Dell S2722DGM

Mirage 2000C | F/A-18C | F-16C | Su-33 | Mig 29 | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandie 2.0 | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai

You kinda brought this on yourself really and should really recognise this. I did the same as you, ordering from Germany initially. But when the UK reseller lowered the UK price I did not cancel the German order to save £20 or so because I realised the potential was there to have a ball ache communicating with people in Germany who are probably wading through a large number of orders.

5 days is plenty of time to expect a response I grant you. It is bad form not to respond, although you could probably understand that they might be short staffed due to Coronavirus and that many other UK customers might have ordered from them and cancelled once the UK reseller lowered prices.

How did you pay... credit card right...? So yeah, in terms of getting my money back I would be chilled. Just pissed off that they don't communicate. Write to the credit card company that you have contacted the retailer to cancel. Ask the credit card company how long to wait before raising an official disputed transaction with them and follow their guidance. And ask them to log communications as a prelude to a claim.

Heck, even write a letter to HP complaining if you are that pissed off.

(Any German citizens online here that know the distance selling regulations in Germany?)

I brought this appalling customer service on myself? Are you serious?

I must remember that. Appalling customer service is my fault for giving them cash. I must manage my expectations better in the future.

Hi Don,

I must say I'm quite hyped with this headset, also... Seems to be the best solution for DCS.

I'm eagerly awaiting your review/comparaison/advice since we both have Rift S ans pretty close rigs...

Lol yeah I am with you there, really looking forward to giving it a go.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|