How to "late activate" a unit nearby the player regardless player location

sirrah

Sorry for all the questions lately, but sometimes my creative self gets sucked into mission building :D

Is it possible to make an AI unit spawn in close vicinity of the player, without using scripting magic?

I'd like to let the player land his helicopter within a certain (large) trigger zone and have a small infantry group spawn nearby.

Is there perhaps a way to make units spawn withing a certain zone? If so, I could use a moving trigger, linked to the players helicopter and have the infantry spawn somewhere within this moving trigger zone when certain variables are met (such as player within zone, player below altitude)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

no.

Late activated is... late activated.

You want addGroup().

Sorry I don't understand.

Could you please expand a bit on what you mean?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

addGroup is a lua function to spawn new AI groups at a specific location. But to do that, you have to know lua language and scripting in DCS. It's not very hard if you have development skills but DCS specific constraints have to be known.

Here s link for DCS Scripting functions https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/Category:Functions

Late activation doesn't add new groups. Those groups exist when mission starts.

Sunski

Edited by sunski34

addGroup is a lua function to spawn new AI groups at a specific location. But to do that, you have to know lua language and scripting in DCS. It's not very hard if you have development skills but DCS specific constraints have to be known.

Here s link for DCS Scripting functions https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/Category:Functions

Late activation doesn't add new groups. Those groups exist when mission starts.

Sunski

Thanks Sunski

I'll try to find an alternative then :thumbup:

System specs: