Syrian Map Discussion

ghashpl

If that was meant as a joke, I don't get it.

Let's just imagine all the things we can't do with the Marianas map if it doesn't span to Australia and Japan... :music_whistling:

Anyway, with what I've seen so far from the new map, it certainly will be a day one purchase for me.

A joke? It must me something lost in translation on my part then. Possibly something to do with some language barrier. If so, and i have inadvertently led someone to believe i was joking with them, please accept my apologies. :thumbup:

As for the Marianas...... haven't made up my mind yet. If it free.....well, that's a no brainer then. Even a nothing but blue seas map is ok under such circumstances. If i have to buy it though....not sure.

In all seriousness, i think this map would have greatly benefited from those extra couple of hundred kilometers south. More so then some other maps would benefit from extensions.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that was meant as a joke, I don't get it.

Let's just imagine all the things we can't do with the Marianas map if it doesn't span to Australia and Japan... :music_whistling:

Anyway, with what I've seen so far from the new map, it certainly will be a day one purchase for me.

Remember, Ugra Media has building a Syria map bassed on main warzones of actual Syria civil war. They have not maked a Arab - Israel Wars Map.

Remember, Ugra Media has building a Syria map bassed on main warzones of actual Syria civil war. They have not maked a Arab - Israel Wars Map.

This!

It's called "Syrian Map". I'm sure everyone would be delighted if it spanned all the way across Israel down to Egypt. But since it's called "Syrian Map", it is beyond me why someone would be saddened by the fact it doesn't.

Ah, now that explains it. Aimed at very recent history then :thumbup:

This!

It's called "Syrian Map". I'm sure everyone would be delighted if it spanned all the way across Israel down to Egypt. But since it's called "Syrian Map", it is beyond me why someone would be saddened by the fact it doesn't.

Well father, it's one of the mysteries of the Universe, that you have to take on faith!

(now that was a joke, albeit a bad one) :lol:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Found this on Reddit https://i.imgur.com/lAKVg8M.jpg

oh wow. i seriously did not realize how big cyprus is. now it makes more sense to me, why they decided not to include it.

related to that: which of the airports in the map would be realistic / plausible for US airforce jets to operate from?

jordan is probably a safe bet. israel surely plausible at least. what about turkey?

I too didn't realise the size of Cyprus in relation to the scale of this map. It is indeed another huge chunk of ground, so fair call on that being missed for the moment.

Having said that, I'd be happy to pay for it as a paid add-on/ update later on. :music_whistling:

Having said that, I'd be happy to pay for it as a paid add-on/ update later on. :music_whistling:

Yep. I would also throw in another couple of bucks to get an add-on. :pilotfly:

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

Support your local Getränkemarkt. :grin:

related to that: which of the airports in the map would be realistic / plausible for US airforce jets to operate from?

jordan is probably a safe bet. israel surely plausible at least. what about turkey?

The US has operated out of Turkey for a long time, although that relationship has soured more in recent years. The presence of US nuclear missiles in Turkey was a contributing factor to the Cuban Missile Crisis. The US also operates out of Jordan so plenty of options for creating plausible scenarios.

Can't recall the US operating out of Israel, but according to the all knowing Wikipedia they do store equipment there so you can make that work as well. I would imagine the presence of significant US numbers in Israel would be a sensitive issue to those in the region opposed to Israel, but in a serious crises where Israel was in dire need I can't see the US not deploying to help if asked.

As a budding SP scenario creator I'm very excited for this map, the potential for realistic scenario creation is huge!

Found this on Reddit https://i.imgur.com/lAKVg8M.jpg
So, I guess Cyprus itself will be on the map in the low detail area, at least I hope it is so water extends far enough to the west and there's plenty of room for the carrier ops. In that context they could eventually add a base in Cyprus (even not necessarily realistic) so operations for the whole map gets wider possibilities. Although on a second thought people would complain about not being realistic, would complain about Cyprus not being detailed, etc :music_whistling:. Tough decision for them to make.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

If they make Cyprus, please make it high detailed, remember is still a country divided in two parts. Apart from the 1974 invasio itself, it can be the playground for a reunification attempt.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Wait, this isn't going all the way down to Sinai and Suez? A pity...... :cry:

I was about to preorder this, day one... i mean, this seriously restricts the amount of conflicts one can simulate in the area.

The area we already get offers a plethora of real-world conflict situations already, more than any other map to date, including the Caucasus. The Gulf map is ok for fictional major war scenarios involving NATO and GCC vs. Iran / Russia, but Syria offers that + Lebanese Civil war, Six Day War, War of Attrition, Yom Kippur War, Israel - Hezbollah War and Syrian Civil war (the last one itself offering a plethora of scenarios for both conventional and asymmetric warfare).

What I especially like about the Syria map's potential is the near-countless real-world counter-insurgency ops one can recreate (especially good for helicopters!), from the Hama uprising in Syria and Nahr al-Bared in Lebanon to SCW-related insurgencies like various anti-rebel / ISIS engagements, Battle of Arsal, Turkish operations in north Syria etc. You can fly real-world Israeli missions where they bomb Iranian assets or supposed Hezbollah-bound weapon shipments. And then fictional but not completely outer-space scenarios can always include another war with Israel, a Syrian/Turkish war over Hatay or Syria attempting to reclaim Turkish proxy-controlled parts of north Syria from Afrin to Jarablus, bombing Hezbollah trying to infiltrate/attack Israel by sea (which happened for real), Russia fighting Turkey over Idlib, Turkey fighting Iran over Syria, the possibilities are nearly endless.

Sure it would be nice if it went all the way down to the Sinai, but then that means they have to make Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Amman...basically all of populated Jordan and Israel, and the Tel Aviv area and Gaza would burn through a lot of PCs. And then why stop there, I mean Libya is close, go down all the way to Yemen? :D

I guess as a long term it would be amazing to spread the map down to the Sinai and East through Iraq to the Iranian border so you can do Iran-Iraq war, ISIS, Gulf War and the 2003 invasion, Turkey's anti-PKK ops in north Iraq etc......but for now, the area included in this map is the most perfect and versatile part of the world they could have thought of including. I actually lament the lack of Deir ez-Zor in the east more than the map not further extending south. It would be amazing breaking the siege on that city that ISIS had imposed for over three years, which was one of the more feel-good parts of the SCW personally.

Edited by R'awx Najjar

... Six Day War, War of Attrition, Yom Kippur War, Israel - Hezbollah War.....

Only partially. Which is my only gripe really. Some of the most interesting air-to-air and combined arms was in the south.

Sure it would be nice if it went all the way down to the Sinai, but then that means they have to make Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Amman...basically all of populated Jordan and Israel, and the Tel Aviv area and Gaza would burn through a lot of PCs. And then why stop there, I mean Libya is close, go down all the way to Yemen? :D

Eh, will it? Nevada and Persian Gulf are both bigger and have major population centers, they seam to work fine. :thumbup:

As for why not go to Yemen.....i guess for the same reasons you wouldn't go around the world :D

I just think for historical re-enactment a South Turkey to Sinai vertical spread would be more flexible and more including. For modern settings though, yeah......probably an overkill.

Eh, will it? Nevada and Persian Gulf are both bigger and have major population centers, they seam to work fine. :thumbup:

No they are not, check google maps,

Nevada has 1 big city and desert..

PG has desert water and 1 big city then lots and lots of nothing...

Sirya map includes three or four countries + two or three capitals + very populates areas...

It is amazing it is as big and detailed as it is....

I was surprised how much north did Syrian map go, as I was thinking they would had got away with Cyprus later on by extending only to the west. But as they capture so much land from north, they can't really add west so easily.

Well, it is not criticism as this Syrian map likely will be the one for most modern conflicts (well, has not ended yet) we can see. And lots of action for RED....

I just hope they add more green to map, so it ain't brown. So more light sand and green colors than dark brown and orange.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Reading previous old messages, many has doubts or demands for high quality low altitude details.

I can understand that for CA or helicopter modules, but not for fighters etc. As not once I have been flying so low that I would be there admiring tiny details like baskets, chairs and tables etc etc.

With helicopter I would be so low or when driving a tank. But I am not there to count laundry drying on rope....

What I don't want to see at all is any satellite textures with flat buildings and parking slots etc like in Caucasus.

That is real immersion killer when your target sits top of building that is nothing more than texture.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

No they are not, check google maps,

Nevada has 1 big city and desert..

PG has desert water and 1 big city then lots and lots of nothing...

Sirya map includes three or four countries + two or three capitals + very populates areas...

It is amazing it is as big and detailed as it is....

Frankly, when i see what's been posted so far, the total amount of urban area doesn't seam to differ all that much between the 3.

• 3 weeks later...

Really..? Well according to the latest DCS News post they have...

DCS: Syria

A DCS World Terrain

DCS: Syria is a unique theater of war that includes missions and campaigns of military confrontation

in the Middle East from the 60s to the present day. This project allows users to apply nearly the entire

arsenal of DCS World aircraft, helicopters and ground equipment. It also includes the possibility to re-

enact some of the largest military conflicts of our time.

- The Six-Day War of 1967

- The Arab-Israeli conflict of 1973

- The Lebanese War of 1982

- The War on International Terrorism in the 21st Century

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4416534&postcount=261

Not sure why there is no mention anywhere of the current major Turkish offensive against Syria at Idlib, given how much of Turkey they have modelled instead of Israel.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I thought thats what the last one was talking about?

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Really..? Well according to the latest DCS News post they have...

DCS: Syria

A DCS World Terrain

DCS: Syria is a unique theater of war that includes missions and campaigns of military confrontation

in the Middle East from the 60s to the present day. This project allows users to apply nearly the entire

arsenal of DCS World aircraft, helicopters and ground equipment. It also includes the possibility to re-

enact some of the largest military conflicts of our time.

- The Six-Day War of 1967

- The Arab-Israeli conflict of 1973

- The Lebanese War of 1982

- The War on International Terrorism in the 21st Century

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4416534&postcount=261

Not sure why there is no mention anywhere of the current major Turkish offensive against Syria at Idlib, given how much of Turkey they have modelled instead of Israel.

Shhhushhh, how dare you point out the obvious!!?? :megalol::disgust:

I can bet that Tomorrow we will know more about this map ;) ....

raw

Fingers crossed! The wallet is ready!

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

F5, F5, F5 for Today's great news ;) ... soon.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I see no mention of a release window anywhere. I am sure that is due to the fumbles in past?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals