Curtiss SB2C Helldiver

Grimleo

I couldn't possibly agree more with this wish....unless of course, it were a choice between this and the Turkey. I'd have to go with the Grumman Avenger. Having said that, I can't see arguing against ANY a/c with a tailhook installed - Allied OR Axis!! :thumbup:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also I agree we need more second rate aircraft in DCS instead of only the cream of the crop. But the Avenger is just awesome and I've slowly been building an R/C Dauntless from scratch. Not trying to take anything away from the Helldiver.

• Like 1

Of the US Navy WWII aircraft, I would much prefer to see a Hellcat following the Corsair, for its exceptional flying qualities, but I've always had an interest in the Helldiver too.

In addition to the one Helldiver currently flying, owned by the Commemorative Air Force, there are two more under restoration to fly which should be flying within the next two years. One is a SB2C-1A under restoration at Westpac Restorations for Jim Slattery in Colorado, and the other is an SB2C-5 under in-house restoration at the Fagen Fighters WWII Museum in Minnesota.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 7/9/2020 at 6:28 AM, Jester986 said:

Also I agree we need more second rate aircraft in DCS instead of only the cream of the crop. But the Avenger is just awesome and I've slowly been building an R/C Dauntless from scratch. Not trying to take anything away from the Helldiver.

I mean we are getting the MiG23 probably one of the worst jets ever made.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Angelthunder said:

If ED is planning a 44-45 era Marianas Map then the SB2C Helldiver would be the only choice as a fully module or AI asset since the SBD Dauntless was being phased out of service at that time.

True, but hopefully we'll get more than Marianas to play with in the PTO.

And Marines used SBDs until the end of the war. 

If we do get a Solomons map which would be logical choice(not that DCS development always follows logic) 

Then SBD would be better. As it saw fighting from 42 to 44. 

But I don't think we'll see either dive bomber in game, not even as AI.

• Thanks 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

• 2 weeks later...