Call sign replaced by number

Avermeire

Dear Fellow pilots,

Earlier, I used the Tactical Call Sign Mod Version 1.1, but as many out of you already know, this mod don't work anymore since there were changes in the communication logic in one of the last update of DCS 2.5. Although, I removed the mod from my install but even without the MOD installed, my call sign name ( ie. Enfield) is replaced by a number corresponding to its place in the list in the lua file (ie 1 for enfield and 8 for Pontiac).

The weirdest thing is when I use a stock mission the call signs work perfectly, when I download a mission from a user, callsigns work to but as soon as I change something in the mission or create a mission by myself through the Mission editor, the callsign is replaced by a number making it (1, 1, 1 clear for take off iso Enfield 1 1 clear for take off).

Do you know guys how I can revert to the initial situation with call signs working even when I use the ME?

I start thinking to reinstall my entire DCS but I don't know which files will remain ( ie logbook, etc) and which files do I have to save before uninstall / reinstall process.

Thank you for your helpful feedback

I only have that for Hornets. Tomcats, MiGs, Viper... all have their callsign on comms, only Hornets are designated 211 for Springfield 1-1 and so on, regardless if AI or player. Since it´s Hornet exclusive for me, I thought this came as a change for the Hornet or something. Until i saw this thread.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

please try a cleanup and repair or if you are steam verify your install.

I have a guide below, make sure you have removed all unofficial mods, if you still have no joy rename your dcs folder in your saved games location, keep it as a backup and restart dcs.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

please try a cleanup and repair or if you are steam verify your install.

I have a guide below, make sure you have removed all unofficial mods, if you still have no joy rename your dcs folder in your saved games location, keep it as a backup and restart dcs.

Thanks

I have a steam edition, last night I launched the verify process from steam, this morning, all files were validated. Relaunched DCS without any MOD installed, and still no joy with callsign (8 2 1 iso Pontiac 2 1)

I have also the F15C, I will try tonight to set up a mission to see if it is related only to the F/A-18C or not as stated above.

best regards

After verifying my install with steam, I created a new mission with the F-15C and the callsign were back.

Once I changed the aircraft from F-15C to F/A-18C in the same mission, it went back to numbers in stead of the callsign (5 1 1 iso Dodge 1 1).

Seems definitely related to the Hornet.

Best regards,

• 1 month later...

News on this matter...

I switched from stable version (Steam) to open beta and the call sign on the F/A-18C came back as normal. seems to be a problem related with the stable Steam version (for me).

Hope this helps

Best regards,

Amedee