Is missile range in DCS reduced by 40% to real life?

bies

Im rather new to DCS. I was impressed by the accuracy of aircraft modeling in the game. But yesterday i saw a video tutorial of Grim Reapers, he told due to some controversial decision missile range in DCS reduced by 40% to real life to force dogfights.

Is this true or not?

What would be the reason of such accurate modeling of different systems if the very core of air to air engagements would artificially changed that much?

If it's true does this concern all A-A missiles? Close range Sidewinders/Archers also? Or just BVR missiles? Or only radar guded missiles?Or only medium range missiles? AIM-54 also? What about SAM missiles, ship missiles? What about air to ground missiles?

I would like to know it's not true.

cheers and have a fantastic day

It's not true - you can hit the stated max ranges in the right parameters. For example, you can hit the stated max ranges from Wikipedia on the AIM-7M (longest I've hit with is 50nm) and R-27R (I've hit from the max range of 80km in-game). They haven't been artificially reduced - it's just those ranges are in perfect conditions (going Mach 2+, at 40kft+, at a closing target) and people don't understand why their '50nm range' missiles only go 10-15nm when fired at sea level at Mach 0.4.

It's absolutly not true. As backspace340 said: You can hit at the stated max ranges under the right conditions.

Here's some insight into DCS missile simulation:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg