[MERGED -OLD BUGS] Forum Cleanup

RAZBAM_ELMO

Hello all,When i press K touch for kneeboard, nothing happend and K is assigned on configuration ,i tried to create kneeboard whith Kneeboard builder but idem...Its ok whith Mirage 2000...

Thanks for your help !:helpsmilie:

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what to say, the MiG-19P kneeboard is working in my install.

Make sure you have the correct folder name "Saved Games\DCS\Kneeboard\MiG-19P"

The correct keys assigned

RShift+K ...... Open/Close

] .................. Next Page

[ .................. Previous Page

K ................. Glimpse

and have

• Options\Misc. ---> Game Avionics Mode = UNCHECKED

... as "MiG-19P_easy" doesn't have access to the kneeboard pages.

Note: The M-2000C doesn't have an "easy" avionics mode, so it's kneeboard isn't effected by the "Game" setting.

Other "Game Mode" options to check are

• Options\Gameplay ---> Game Flight Mode = UNCHECKED

• Options\Gameplay ---> Mini HUD = UNCHECKED

... AFAIK these won't stop the kneeboard appearing but may effect other aspects of the MiG-19P.

If you still have issues, please post a short track where you try to open the kneeboard, even if it doesn't work we'll be able to check your settings, etc.

Tested in DCS Open Beta 2.5.5.41962

Edited by Ramsay
Mention other "Game Mode" options to check (in case user is new to DCS).

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 2 weeks later...

What’s wrong with lowering the frequency? It’s been a while but I think there’s three frequency ranges you have to switch between, and you can only move the needle in ANT but it will only receive signal in COMP

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Hello, just wanted to add that I experience the exact same problem like you - heavy stutters in the MiG19 only and only on caucasus map. On PG and Nevada-maps no issues at all.

Still haven't managed to find a fix for this, also like you I tried everything.

I also have almost the same PC specs like you (1080ti, i8700, 64 GB RAM, Rift S)

This is really annoying, because every other plane I have runs flawlessly in every map (including F18, F14, F16, MiG21, Mirage, MiG15, F86)

I7 8700K 3.7 GHz 32GB RAM NVIDIA RTX 3080 Rift S

Hi DST,

This issue is in fact not a Mig-19 issue but impact other aircraft like the L39 and Mig15.

I submited another bug report to ED and it has been reproduced and reported to the dev team.

We have to wait now but it will solve these stutters. Here is the link to the full story:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=261940

@Moderator/Razbam This thread can be closed

Edited by Chapa

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

Ok thank you, I had a quick read through this thread so it seems to have to do with the ARK-navigation stuff? I never bothered much with this (will have to, in the future) is this the explanation why its only on caucasus map?

I do also have the Mig15, L39 and also the MiG21, but never had issues like that. But I also did not use navigation system with ARK-stations. So this stutter appears when using that?

Its a bit confusing, because I really did not do much with the MiG19, only placed the plane on the otherwise empty map and flying, and experienced those stutters, if I do same with MiG15, L39 or MiG21, there are no stutters from the start.

The avionic must be enabled and it seems that you need to be in range of a beacon to experience the stutters.

There are a lot of beacon in the Caucasus map and very few in other Maps in the kHZ range. In other plane, you can disable the avionic and shutdown the stutters but in the mig-19, even if you turn off the switch, it doesn’t really disable it and the stutters remains. The gauges stops indicating the bearing however.

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

It would be incredible if this nails down the problem.

What I still don't unterstand why a lot of people (also with Rift S) seem to don't experience this at all. As if this seems to be connected to a certain kind of hardware specs too.

• 1 month later...

The ARK is the worst and better than it used to be but still screwy. In fact all of the scroll functions are at varying levels of messed up. Even with DCS-BIOS.

It's a shame as it's the only big bug in this module that I can think of.

This bug was reported shortly after release. Don't think it will get fixed this year. Just keep this in mind when the next Razbam module shows up in the shop.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the manual, the clock stops working once the right knob is turned clockwise. However, when in the second training mission (start up procedure), you are told to check whether the time is correct or not, it's slightly incorrect. So I wanted to set up the actual mission time and I did, but the clock starts working when the right knob is turned clockwise unlike what the manual says -> counterclockwise.

Either the manual is wrong or the clock is not modeled correctly.

Thanks in advance!

JUFbVBY.png

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

As a coder I would have to say this is one of the lowest hanging fruits. Great effect achievable with minimal effort. There must be serious prioritization issues.

This was the most glaring issue for me when learning MiG-19.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just messing around with various module features, and one thing I tried was supersonic flight with tanks.

Errmmm.... I ripped them off.

However...

The aircraft seemed to behave as if the fuel in those tanks was still available? It seemed to take a long time for the FQI to start falling after I ripped the tanks off.

Note I was at high altitude even though I stayed in afterburner, so maybe there is something I don't know about the FQI and total fuel quantity that made it appear it had more fuel than it should.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."