HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset - Page 277 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-10-2019, 02:13 PM   #2761
Shortcut

The model number inside the headset is VR1000. I saw the model number VR1000.2 the I first time installed WMR.

Yes it had the Clip shipped with it. As I said my Reverb has been flawless so far. I hope everyone has the same experience.

I'm going to due a reformat of C: drive and a new installation of Windows 10 next week and I'll try to see where the model number shows up. I due this about once a year has nothing to due the Reverb or DCS.
8700KK @ 5.2ghz Delided Copper ISH, ASUS Z370 Maximus Hero, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, G.Skill Trident Z 32gb 3200mhz DDR4 RGB OC 3400, 3 ASUS PB277Q Monitors, Boot Drive 256gb Samsung Pro SSD, 500gb M.2 NVMe for DCS, 512gb Adata SSD for Xplane 11, 1tb WD Black, PSU Evga 850W G2, Thermaltake View 71 Case, TM Warthog, X52 Pro, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke, MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, Win 10 Pro, HP Reverb Pro VR

Last edited by Shortcut; 08-10-2019 at 02:44 PM.
Shortcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 02:39 PM   #2762
msgreene77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortcut View Post
The model number inside the headset is VR1000. I saw the model number VR1000.2 the I first time installed WMR.

Yes it had the Clip shipped with it. As I said my Reverb has been flawless so far. I hope everyone has the same experience.
Thank you! Just placed my order. Looks like they're stock is in Texas. Hoping it will come Wed or Thurs.
Intel i7 8700K / ASRock Pro 4 / 16 Gb G.Skill DDR4 / Founders Edition RTX2080 / 250 Gb Westgate SSD for OS / 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD / Win 10 - 64bit / HP Reverb / TM Warthog Stick & Throttle / MFG Crosswinds Pedals / 32 Input Button Box / Saitek Throttle Quadrant
msgreene77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 03:36 PM   #2763
Wmacky

So am I the only one with a recent HMD without the clip? Did anyone else receive a Reverb from Amazon last week?
Wmacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 05:36 PM   #2764
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmacky View Post
So am I the only one with a recent HMD without the clip? Did anyone else receive a Reverb from Amazon last week?
Call customer service im sure they will send you one.

In addition to the clip i zip tied mine like on the earlier pics to make sure there was no strain on the cable.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:23 PM   #2765
boedha68

For your information. Today i recieved an e-mail from hp that the Exchange from my reverb delayed another week to 23 August. So the new wave isn't ready yet. Before you can order all the old ones has to Exchange to new ones. So new orders isn’t earlier then next month i think.
I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), 24 GB,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional, Oculus rift CV1 . All DCS modules, maps and campaigns
boedha68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 06:25 PM   #2766
wormeaten

From all of this post from the beginning got to the conclusion there is nothing wrong from Reverb side about this flickering and blackout what happened.
It is a clientside issue, not Reverb. The only problem is the insufficient power supply to the HMD unit required. Someone send a picture of the specs and you can see it is specifically said 900mA.

So most of the people, if it is not all, who had such problems connect multiple USB devices on one controller. Even better MBO controllers have max 1000mA so even mouse on the same controller could cause the problem.

It is obvious Reverb needs dedicated USB controller for insufficient power supply true USB. If your MBO could not provide it additional PCI-e USB3 card will fix this problem but only if you use it for Reverb only.
Inateck PCI-E to USB 3.1 PCI Express Card is a good choice especially because got stable Power Supply equipped with power management chip, plus 15-Pin SATA power cable, the card can supply power with an output of USB-A port being 5V/2.4A, and USB-C 5V/3A.
There are some other cards with even up to 5 USB connectors but people do mistake. Such card has only one controller so they switch all USB devices from MBO to that card and practically replicated the same problem but on different controller drain all power again from the just one source. It is a different source but client recreating the same problem.

Connectors are the problem and it was in a similar way even on HP WMR gen1. But I believe this clip or even some DIY with zip ties will fix it as well if the client provides sufficient required power.

Everything else was fixed by WMR software updates. Even Rift-S was having similar problems in the beginning and they didn't return the units. It is fixed true software update but such power problems even existed in CV1 days and were fixed in the same way with an additional USB card.

Somehow I doubt it will be Reverb gen 2 or whatever you will call it. I think this is it. They will add the clip maybe in best case change the cables but no major miracle change.

Secoda, think twice before you decide to return your Reverb which working perfectly now? Do you really want to do that, is it worth it?

That is my conclusion from all this debate last two months. If I'm wrong someone should be able to say "yes I fulfill all the requirements you mention and still got the same problems". Correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't own Reverb but reading every single post here from no1 and waiting first opportunity to be able to order one in my country no matter what unit it is.

Last edited by wormeaten; 08-10-2019 at 06:35 PM.
wormeaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 07:48 PM   #2767
Harlikwin
Veteran

Just for a correction to an earlier post my hardware version is VR1000-2xx as ID'ed in the hardware monitor. So, I dunno, maybe its original, or a slightly upgraded version (came with clip).

I am running it plugged in directly to a single USB 3.1 port, and I've had no problems that I think are reverb related (I think I have either WMR or steamVR issues). Headset is mostly rock solid with the aforementioned minor issues, but no flickering (aside from DCS load screens/crashes).

Last edited by Harlikwin; 08-10-2019 at 07:50 PM.
Harlikwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 08:01 PM   #2768
Secoda

I am waiting to see what the HP tech support guy (my official contact from the first one) says on Monday about the Gen 2's and still have a few weeks to return it to Best Buy (by Aug. 27th). The HP guy brought up the Gen 2's to me. He also mentioned an eye flickering problem they discovered described by customers in returns that was not cable or power related. It was caused from heating up on the main board itself in the headset. I have no idea how pervasive that is. He made it sound like it was a lucky catch. I will ask him about the USB power issue. My ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E has not had problem with powering the Reverb as far as I can tell.

I spoke to the Geek Squad guy I know at Best Buy and I can return it and get a new one at the same discounted price I got the first one at although I might have to wait for it. I am already in their system for getting notified on another one.

Maybe the third one is the charm. (if there was no Gen 2 than I might keep this one but he mentioned one with all of the fixes in it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormeaten View Post
From all of this post from the beginning got to the conclusion there is nothing wrong from Reverb side about this flickering and blackout what happened.
It is a clientside issue, not Reverb. The only problem is the insufficient power supply to the HMD unit required. Someone send a picture of the specs and you can see it is specifically said 900mA.

So most of the people, if it is not all, who had such problems connect multiple USB devices on one controller. Even better MBO controllers have max 1000mA so even mouse on the same controller could cause the problem.

It is obvious Reverb needs dedicated USB controller for insufficient power supply true USB. If your MBO could not provide it additional PCI-e USB3 card will fix this problem but only if you use it for Reverb only.
Inateck PCI-E to USB 3.1 PCI Express Card is a good choice especially because got stable Power Supply equipped with power management chip, plus 15-Pin SATA power cable, the card can supply power with an output of USB-A port being 5V/2.4A, and USB-C 5V/3A.
There are some other cards with even up to 5 USB connectors but people do mistake. Such card has only one controller so they switch all USB devices from MBO to that card and practically replicated the same problem but on different controller drain all power again from the just one source. It is a different source but client recreating the same problem.

Connectors are the problem and it was in a similar way even on HP WMR gen1. But I believe this clip or even some DIY with zip ties will fix it as well if the client provides sufficient required power.

Everything else was fixed by WMR software updates. Even Rift-S was having similar problems in the beginning and they didn't return the units. It is fixed true software update but such power problems even existed in CV1 days and were fixed in the same way with an additional USB card.

Somehow I doubt it will be Reverb gen 2 or whatever you will call it. I think this is it. They will add the clip maybe in best case change the cables but no major miracle change.

Secoda, think twice before you decide to return your Reverb which working perfectly now? Do you really want to do that, is it worth it?

That is my conclusion from all this debate last two months. If I'm wrong someone should be able to say "yes I fulfill all the requirements you mention and still got the same problems". Correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't own Reverb but reading every single post here from no1 and waiting first opportunity to be able to order one in my country no matter what unit it is.
I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

Last edited by Secoda; 08-10-2019 at 08:26 PM.
Secoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 08:52 PM   #2769
samo

I didn't know your second reverb have issues too .

Can you have a total refund ? it is in stock on shopblt today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secoda View Post
I am waiting to see what the HP tech support guy (my official contact from the first one) says on Monday about the Gen 2's and still have a few weeks to return it to Best Buy (by Aug. 27th). The HP guy brought up the Gen 2's to me. He also mentioned an eye flickering problem they discovered described by customers in returns that was not cable or power related. It was caused from heating up on the main board itself in the headset. I have no idea how pervasive that is. He made it sound like it was a lucky catch. I will ask him about the USB power issue. My ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E has not had problem with powering the Reverb as far as I can tell.

I spoke to the Geek Squad guy I know at Best Buy and I can return it and get a new one at the same discounted price I got the first one at although I might have to wait for it. I am already in their system for getting notified on another one.

Maybe the third one is the charm. (if there was no Gen 2 than I might keep this one but he mentioned one with all of the fixes in it)
samo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 08:53 PM   #2770
Secoda

It doesn't but it is a Gen 1. I have a 45 day full refund period at Best Buy here and discounts if I buy another so I will stay with Best Buy.

I realize most folks are scrambling just to get one but I want to end up with a Gen 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samo View Post
I didn't know your second reverb have issues too .

Can you have a total refund ? it is in stock on shopblt today
I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

Last edited by Secoda; 08-12-2019 at 02:04 PM.
Secoda is offline   Reply With Quote