Combined panels

Swany

TL;DR - Need to find something that lists all the common control panel features for all craft (Radio, weapons, engine startup, etc etc)

So, after a little digging around, I really didn't see quite what I was looking for. And honestly, I could figure this out by my lonesome, but was hoping someone could either point out some post I missed, or if they know off the top of their head -

I'm just starting out in DCS World (about 3 weeks now), and haven't been doing much at all in the way of flight sims, so I'm still getting familiar with all the different controls in an air frame.

So far, I've pretty much stuck to just the Huey, Spitfire, and Mustang. I'll be branching out to more modern aircraft as well (thinking about picking up the hawk and already have the f18 on pre-purchase).

I have a DIY Sim Pit that I built and plan on rebuilding (probably more than once). But it needs to be multi role (I sim race as well), so I can't dedicate my pit to just one setup, like the A10. But, instead of trying to make a billion controls, I was thinking of making "generic" panels. As an example, a radio panel that would have the minimum amount of buttons/encoders to cover the gambit. However, using that as my example, I don't know what every craft needs - I know the Huey needs VHF AM/FM and UFH, but I also know there's the HF radio as well.

In this example, is there a post that could say "Hey, for VHF, you need X controls to change these amounts of freq's as well as a 2 or 3 way power button". With the arduino and AutoHotkey, I couild multi roll those into what's also needed for UHF. One power button could turn on VHF AM when selector switch is in position A, FM when in B, UHF when in C, HF when in D. Making sense? So instead of a radio panel with 50 buttons, it would be say, 20.

but again, I don't know what all I would need for even just radios, let alone fuel options, APU/Power options, etc etc

B. "Swany" Swanberg

Gigabyte Designare, Intel i9 9900KF (3.6, OC'd to 5.0)

32GB Patriot Viper Steel (black, non-RGB)

OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD

DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS

3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)

Oculus Rift S VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals

assorted button boxes/Arduino boards

All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)

Well I’m. Just ahead of you my a few months but imo the hueywhich is my favorite is the hardest. Model. To control and read the forum on the hawk and you’ll soon forget it I own all the aircraft mods except the hawk. Every time I ask wether to buy it I get told no as of the past couple days.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Every time I ask wether to buy it I get told no as of the past couple days.

Yeah, I did some reading on it today. Very very unpopular. So, I'll skip it. Thanks

B. "Swany" Swanberg

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

Oculus Rift S VR

Probably try and find youtube start up sequences for the aircraft you want to fly.

Look on line for -10 checklist manual

Thanks guys. That's probably what I'll do, was just trying to not reinvent the wheel if someone already had the info gathered and I just wasn't seeing it. Find it hard to believe I'm the first one who thought of this or tried to do it ;)

B. "Swany" Swanberg

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

Oculus Rift S VR

Its more fun to create your own, I once made a CDU for my Eurofighter pit but it would work on any.

j6p5QwK.jpg

Wow....wonderful... how about a tutorial on how to build something like that?

I need something like that for fast operating radios/ils/tacan and why not startup....my main focus are m2000 and then the Hornet but i would use it for every plane

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Wow....wonderful... how about a tutorial on how to build something like that?

I need something like that for fast operating radios/ils/tacan and why not startup....my main focus are m2000 and then the Hornet but i would use it for every plane

Its all in the TigersharkBAS thread at the top of the page in sticky.

I used a Groovy Game Gear USB controller, some microswitches turn it into a USB keyboard then used laminated paper printed in Powerpoint for the caps, they hide a multitude of sins with what is, in my opinion the absolute hardest thing to do without a CNC, making square holes.

Then you can use a pinky or spare joystick button as a multiplier and double your inputs hence why my keys have 2 inputs, top and bottom.