Still no right click with touch controllers ?

lucky-hendrix

No news that I have seen anywhere as of yet.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

NOT EVERY ONE WANTS VOICEATTACK.

he asked about right click support for motion controllers.

lets hear about updates for VR, not someone pitching us to buy voice software.

I have no commercial connection with VoiceAttack. There are, of course, other free voice recognition programs the OP could use to generate a right mouse click right now or he could just wait for official support for it. It might be a long wait.

PS: do you mind not shouting?

I have no commercial connection with VoiceAttack. There are, of course, other free voice recognition programs the OP could use to generate a right mouse click right now or he could just wait for official support for it. It might be a long wait.

Why not Voice attack for left click?

Why not just bind everything to HOTAS?

We have rock controllers, unsuitable currently because lack of right click.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

sorry brother for the shout.

sometimes its annoying to have post side tracked from the main topic.

in other threads theres always someone talking about voice attack, and it steers the discussion away from getting a real answer for a problem, and in this case, the lack of right click.

some of us dont want band aids like voiceattack or or gerry rigs.

just full support!

one shout..

GIVE US VR USERS RIGHT CLICK! :fists pumping: lolol

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Right click would be exceptionally useful.
Not useful, it is the critical function in VR controls. :-)

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

Not useful, it is the critical function in VR controls. :-)

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

Why is it so critical?

Unsuitable for what? I never use them in DCS as I have a HOTAS. Anyway, I just noticed that you can right click with the right Touch controller.

Is it working how ???

Most of the time I look to switches but for some plane it is easier to use the touch controller that I have strapped to my right leg (ie: the switches at the back of the a10c left and right console)

Using voice attack for a right click seems a bit silly. It is used very often.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Is it working how ???

Most of the time I look to switches but for some plane it is easier to use the touch controller that I have strapped to my right leg (ie: the switches at the back of the a10c left and right console)

Using voice attack for a right click seems a bit silly. It is used very often.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Yep, it works. I've got a trackball on my knee so use that.

Why is it so critical?
Why right mouse click is critical in clickable cockpit?

Have you tried even to operate any clickable aircraft without right click?

--

Stupid. It ain't at all same thing as being able move hand around and click and adjust cockpit switches and knobs even when you don't look at them.

It is like VR 3.0 by experience...

Yep, it works. I've got a trackball on my knee so use that.

--

. Anyway, I just noticed that you can right click with the right Touch controller.

If so, then it is stupidly done, as in first place or would have done correctly.

If you are required to use a right hand to flip a switch on left panel, it is as broken as not having one....

--

Stupid. It ain't at all same thing as being able move hand around and click and adjust cockpit switches and knobs even when you don't look at them.

It is like VR 3.0 by experience...

--

I think these Touch hands are just placeholders while we wait for gloves. Switching from HOTAS to Touch is awkward to say the least.

I think these Touch hands are just placeholders while we wait for gloves. Switching from HOTAS to Touch is awkward to say the least.

Their ok and kind of cool for ground operations, not so much in the heat of flight.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Less than using any touchpad or ball mouse on any lap or table next to HOTAS.

Far more accurate, far more faster and far more realistic than any mouse, voice or touch input.

The best thing finally is a Oculus Gloves, but to wait that....

--

Better than any mouse, yet that is why HOTAS was taken in use as you can't in heat of combat take hands of from flight controls. You need to set all before going to fight.

But we can't use now right click, rendering them unusable even to operate the landing gear leveler in some modules....

Their ok and kind of cool for ground operations, not so much in the heat of flight.

--

Less than using any touchpad or ball mouse on any lap or table next to HOTAS.

Far more accurate, far more faster and far more realistic than any mouse, voice or touch input.

The best thing finally is a Oculus Gloves, but to wait that....

--

Head controlled mouse is the most accurate actually. I’ll wait for the gloves as the Touches are awkward and immersion breaking.

It ain't most accurate, hands are more accurate than a head. Of course of you have serious hand shaking because condition, then that is a special case.

If we would have a perfect eye tracking, then we could talk about more accurate than hands...

It is after all called "eye-hand coordination" and not "head-hand coordination".

But waiting we get gloves, and until then touch controllers are best ones and far less immersion breaking than any mouse or voice attack.

IF JUST RIGHT CLICK WOULD WORK!

Head controlled mouse is the most accurate actually. I’ll wait for the gloves as the Touches are awkward and immersion breaking.

--

It ain't most accurate, hands are more accurate than a head. Of course of you have serious hand shaking because condition, then that is a special case.

If we would have a perfect eye tracking, then we could talk about more accurate than hands...

It is after all called "eye-hand coordination" and not "head-hand coordination".

But waiting we get gloves, and until then touch controllers are best ones and far less immersion breaking than any mouse or voice attack.

IF JUST RIGHT CLICK WOULD WORK!

--

NASA did experiments on this and found the head was most accurate, which makes sense when you think about it.

Anyway right click does work. Once again it’s people’s Inability to adapt and overcome that holds them back. If you’re doing a ground start then you will be running through a checklist, so what’s stupid about using voice activation? Noting is the answer.

Edited by BigDuke6ixx

NASA did experiments on this and found the head was most accurate, which makes sense when you think about it.

Anyway right click does work. Once again it’s people’s Inability to adapt and overcome that holds them back. If you’re doing a ground start then you will be running through a checklist, so what’s stupid about using voice activation? Noting is the answer.

As well tests are done with surgeons for laser operations and hands was superior to head controlling (idea to offer a third control to improve speed and accuracy). What makes you think about it.

As well doing own tests in DCS we wind touch controllers were superior.

And how long it takes you to understand a simple fact, that you can NOT take your right hand off from stick to operate a LEFT side panel only because you need RIGHT click something, AFTER you just clicked LEFT in same place?

It is idiotic that if you need to use RIGHT HAND to click right, and LEFT HAND to click left....

Don't you even fly a helicopters? You can't take right hand off from cyclic in UH-1 or Mi-8 because you need to flip something on your side with opposite hand or cyclic hand!

Even a common sense says it is idiotic if you need to USE A TWO DIFFERENT HANDS/CONTROLLERS so you can operate ONE AND SAME SWITCH OR LEVELER IN A COCKPIT!

like think about it... Just a second... You are like saying you should use a two different mouses to right click and left click on computer because Apple added just one button mouse originally!

Our hey, let's make the car have one pedal, left feet to break and right feet to accelerate.... You just need to switch feets what to use! And lets just use head to steer instead wheel in hands.... Nothing would go wrong! We have the technology so lets do it!

Just fix the $#! right click in touch controllers! It is a damn software for controller!

--