Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 8

gregzagk

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two GCI frequencies plus Teamspeak plus one strike/heli frequency is totally managable. The only problem is that SRS gets distroted if two channels talk at the same time, and that you have to put people into a queue and talk to the most urgent request first.

Its a thrilling experience. :D

Best thing happening to me in blueflag so far :

killed an su25T with radar, honestly I only saw it in Tacview, I was flying without alignment so I was turning to find the correct canyon to scan in the mountains. I shortly iluminated him in helical scan, he pulled down to terrain mask against me, that worked, never saw him at that time, thing is he insta crashed into the terrain. :DD

In the same flight a wild not on comms mirage and I maneuver killed two AI mig29. :D

Will make my return today/tonight I guess. )))

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Had an amazing dogfight with NaCH who was in the 21 tonight! Very good fight mate. :pilotfly:

Awesome dogfight and I said GK!

Those pesky Mirage, I don't know if I lost the touch with the new 21 flight model or the M2000 are turn machines but was impossible for me to get you out of my 5 to 7 hemisphere

Two GCI frequencies plus Teamspeak plus one strike/heli frequency is totally managable. The only problem is that SRS gets distroted if two channels talk at the same time, and that you have to put people into a queue and talk to the most urgent request first.

Its a thrilling experience. :D

Best thing happening to me in blueflag so far :

killed an su25T with radar, honestly I only saw it in Tacview, I was flying without alignment so I was turning to find the correct canyon to scan in the mountains. I shortly iluminated him in helical scan, he pulled down to terrain mask against me, that worked, never saw him at that time, thing is he insta crashed into the terrain. :DD

In the same flight a wild not on comms mirage and I maneuver killed two AI mig29. :D

Will make my return today/tonight I guess. )))

What do you mean with TacView? is the "live" export available or you just looked at the replay ?

The new change to the fueling script is nice, but to give players even more incentive to handle the fueling can we have the AI aircraft switched to that coalition's respective chopper, and perhaps even carry half of what the player can carry or both? Right now the plane is so much faster there isn't much point in handling the run as a player unless you just want to bring additional fuel.

One more possible change for greater incentive as well. When the mission restarts, and an airbase is out of fuel the AI is dispatched immediately. I would change this for mission starts to wait whatever time you have set between AI runs.. what is this 20 min.. 30 min? This would force teams to send a player for fuel or wait for the AI which would take longer.

Can we remove the bomber intel from the choppers and leave it to the L39/Hawk.

A single Ka50 can now take down a whole base. It is impossible to find them when they land.

Just like real life nothing is more powerful than a radio. Quit whining and hunt we have to do the same for your gazelles all the time.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Just like real life nothing is more powerful than a radio. Quit whining and hunt we have to do the same for your gazelles all the time.

That is why I suggested to take away from gazelle as well. IMHO helis have to much power now. L39 and Hawk will not be used now.

BTW you hurt my feelings because you said I was whining....

Awesome dogfight and I said GK!

Those pesky Mirage, I don't know if I lost the touch with the new 21 flight model or the M2000 are turn machines but was impossible for me to get you out of my 5 to 7 hemisphere

Yes, I feel the new 21 FM has made the turn radius a bit more. But the 2000C in combat mode is a purebreed turn fighter :pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

#CHOPPERLIVESMATTER

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, but the gazelles cant lower its gear and roll down a mountain like the Ka-50 can. Literally found two Ka-50s just traveling down the road on it's wheels. :megalol:

#CHOPPERLIVESMATTER

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I still dont get why people compare the ka50 to the gazelle.

The Ka50 is a gunship packed with powerfull features. You have the autopilot, the PVI800, the ABRIS, not to speak off vikhrs and the targeting functions. If you want to make gazelle and KA50 equal, okay, make it equal.

Let all ka50s spawn with the ABRIS bluescreen.

Take all external stores from it, the built in gun is already better then anything a Gazelle can load in either versions, not to speak about targeting means.

Load it with 2 additional tons so its as overweight as the gazelle is with IR deflector and 4 HOT missiles when at full fuel.

Then they are pretty much comparable in power.

Dont get me started on landing, do you even know what you are talking about ? The gazelle starts taking damage if you land at a higher vertical speed then roughly 1,3m/s.

Atm its not even safe below 0,8m/s due to buggyness. Depending on wind you get into vortex even before 2m/s and there is no powering out of vortex in a gazelle.

[Even if aerodynamically not impossible you are blowing your engine and breaking the mechanical connection to the tail rotor. Never thought about anything like that in a KA50 right ?]

In a KA50 you have a beefy landing gear, I do not know when you start to take damage but its definetly way later then 1.3m/s. Also the ka50 doesnt get in a vortex anyway near as easy and just can recover at the edges of the envelope with a lot of colletive.

I have done shit like switch of engines, release gear, while beeing laser'd by IRST autorotate/roll into the next freakin forrest to hide. Not even dreaming about pulling off similar things in a gazelle.....

I am shocked that the amount of incapable KA50 pilots has lead to this uneven balancing act.

I do not request everyone to have the SA of reaper. Seriously hat off to him, he is really rocking the stealth theme. But you dont need to be as good as reaper to perform better then a gazelle.

Its just beyond me how one can give the ka50 the bomber call in.

I allways felt the pain of mig21 vs. m2k. I welcome the change that the f5e is its counterpart now.

The bomber call in to the ka50 is like putting a special ballance feature for the mig21 which never existed, on the mirage, because mirage pilots are to shitty to use their better plane to deliver better performance.

OMG WHAY ?!?

I mean seriously the Gazelle is fun to fly, to FLY not fun to ENGAGE WITH. Even only the feature, course hold + radar alt hold. Holy smokes I wished I had that in the Gazelle just for looking out of the windows for SA. Not to speak about any fancy features as fly to designated point with the shkval and stuff.

I have to say that is the first decision I really do not get at all. :D

Not even to speak about performance in the mountains....

just WTF seriously.

EDIT: If red wants a helicopter bomber call in, i get that, but then give it to the mi8, not the KA50.

Edited by microvax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

You need to replace the shadows file with the vanilla one, it will pass with no problem.

Where can i find that file? Looked around and no joy.

Ryzen 5 3600x @ GTX 1070 on Samsung Odyssey+

:joystick:

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder

Pedals, TrackIR 4 Pro

Where can i find that file? Looked around and no joy.

Unload the starways texture pack (if your using JGSME) and go to:

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\Effects\Shadows.lua"

Copy that file and paste into your starway pack inside "Config\Effects\Shadows.lua" and replace it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I want to fly for blue... but every time I look at the "live map" red is out numbered 4:1... red it is, i guess... (it's 7:1 right now)

Are radar guided SAMs and missiles still completely borked?

Thanks! This is the right attitude.

And as it was said, yes all missiles are broken.

Regarding the time you flight is get's a little bit even specially on 18:00 EU that is when red usually is maybe 6 players down in US prime time.. is like this:

znvRjXf.jpg

Edited by NaCH

I still dont get why people compare the ka50 to the gazelle.

The Ka50 is a gunship packed with powerfull features. You have the autopilot, the PVI800, the ABRIS, not to speak off vikhrs and the targeting functions. If you want to make gazelle and KA50 equal, okay, make it equal.

Let all ka50s spawn with the ABRIS bluescreen.

Take all external stores from it, the built in gun is already better then anything a Gazelle can load in either versions, not to speak about targeting means.

Load it with 2 additional tons so its as overweight as the gazelle is with IR deflector and 4 HOT missiles when at full fuel.

Then they are pretty much comparable in power.

Dont get me started on landing, do you even know what you are talking about ? The gazelle starts taking damage if you land at a higher vertical speed then roughly 1,3m/s.

Atm its not even safe below 0,8m/s due to buggyness. Depending on wind you get into vortex even before 2m/s and there is no powering out of vortex in a gazelle.

[Even if aerodynamically not impossible you are blowing your engine and breaking the mechanical connection to the tail rotor. Never thought about anything like that in a KA50 right ?]

In a KA50 you have a beefy landing gear, I do not know when you start to take damage but its definetly way later then 1.3m/s. Also the ka50 doesnt get in a vortex anyway near as easy and just can recover at the edges of the envelope with a lot of colletive.

I have done shit like switch of engines, release gear, while beeing laser'd by IRST autorotate/roll into the next freakin forrest to hide. Not even dreaming about pulling off similar things in a gazelle.....

I am shocked that the amount of incapable KA50 pilots has lead to this uneven balancing act.

I do not request everyone to have the SA of reaper. Seriously hat off to him, he is really rocking the stealth theme. But you dont need to be as good as reaper to perform better then a gazelle.

Its just beyond me how one can give the ka50 the bomber call in.

I allways felt the pain of mig21 vs. m2k. I welcome the change that the f5e is its counterpart now.

The bomber call in to the ka50 is like putting a special ballance feature for the mig21 which never existed, on the mirage, because mirage pilots are to shitty to use their better plane to deliver better performance.

OMG WHAY ?!?

I mean seriously the Gazelle is fun to fly, to FLY not fun to ENGAGE WITH. Even only the feature, course hold + radar alt hold. Holy smokes I wished I had that in the Gazelle just for looking out of the windows for SA. Not to speak about any fancy features as fly to designated point with the shkval and stuff.

I have to say that is the first decision I really do not get at all. :D

Not even to speak about performance in the mountains....

just WTF seriously.

EDIT: If red wants a helicopter bomber call in, i get that, but then give it to the mi8, not the KA50.

Wow, let's just assume all Redfor Ka-50 pilots are incompetent due to a feature none of us asked for, and found this nice surprise while playing. All I hear from you is mimi mimi... Apparently your 5 to 1 odds aren't enough for you

You also didn't put any thought into giving the Mi-8 this ability did you? Yes, please change it so the Mi-8 can do bombing runs, so I can obliterate all, and capture.

Edited by BodyOrgan

Is there idle kick on the server? I was spooling, waiting for a minute and connection lost... not fair, especially when server isn't even full...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence