Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 7

gregzagk

I think the going a certain time period is kinda pointless, DCS doesn't allow for any balance that way, because of a lack of assets on everyside. If we change to a time period where there are no KA50 or Gazelles or blah would be stupid, we'd lose all of those pilots on both sides.

Well, if all the sides had flankers and f15s it would be like basically just like airquake?

The language barrier is less of a problem. You just have to accept that some are speaking it well or with heavy accent, and the russians usually dont communicate at all, if you dont speak russian. The time is still the biggest issue with blue being mostly americans. If that were offset so that it is balanced throughout the day ... that'd be great.

I would just propose this :

- Less fuel from fuel drops, MAKE TRANSPORT HELIPILOTS GREAT AGAIN!

- 27ER / 27T - OR - 27R/27ET ... Yes, it might be an advantage either way but not as big as to be a deal breaker IMO.

The accents aren't a problem. I fly with the rve guys and I think 2 other guys are american. The crackers like myself are a minority in there.

Granted im not bilingual, so I'm part of the problem but as you said, I'm afraid of joining channels with 4 people I cant communicate with.

Sent while I should be working instead.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the odds are 15:1 most of the time, what else can one do, especially since the organizers outright didn't care about giving red side better AA.

What were the odds? Did they release them? In round 5 both sides thought the odds were 15:1 and the actual stats proved the teams were pretty even most of the time.

Are you happy to lose all the other aircraft and weapons that comes with this though? Every time it was suggested a hard line cut, certain people got very unhappy at the idea of losing things. Take this round and the amount of assblasted comments at the idea of Redfor losing the Mirage.

You what mate?

My suggestion is quite separate to yours. No sides are 'losing' any aircraft/players.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

What were the odds? Did they release them? In round 5 both sides thought the odds were 15:1 and the actual stats proved the teams were pretty even most of the time.

Every time, i could play it was pretty much like that, and i just refuse to be annoyed in my free time.

Now i'm getting dragged into this crap e-drama stuff, i'm finished with what i had to say.

and we could try ER (not ET) vs Sparrow too. Its just suggestions to the event organisers. No need for anyone to get upset over realistic ideas...

That's an ad hominem, and is symptomatic of the lack of respect both sides have for one another.

Honestly, I understand the aim 120 frustration. What I dont understand is why a major portion of red players run right into the buzz saw and fight the 15's on their turf, wide open skies. A few did, but i didnt see much of the reds getting into the mountains, and using their IRST and superior turning capabilities, and additionally, their off bore R73's.

Granted some of the airfields are in wide open areas and its difficult, but the paths to them are littered with mountains and valleys where the flankers are king. I never feel comfortable in a 15 when the fight gets low and slow with mountains and valleys.

Unfortunately this wasn't possible because of the geography of the map: once we lose Minvody we're stuck to open areas. If ED made the ER missiles as in the real world, it would be much deadlier. I mean, Russians are not stupid, they don't choose semi-active for no reason!

One of the main issues is the loss of lock, either with lag or in proximity of the enemy aircraft (so it becomes in fact a passive missile).

To Monkey: it's not true that we only won rounds with aim-7

Edited by roccoo

Honestly, I understand the aim 120 frustration. What I dont understand is why a major portion of red players run right into the buzz saw and fight the 15's on their turf, wide open skies. A few did, but i didnt see much of the reds getting into the mountains, and using their IRST and superior turning capabilities, and additionally, their off bore R73's.

Granted some of the airfields are in wide open areas and its difficult, but the paths to them are littered with mountains and valleys where the flankers are king. I never feel comfortable in a 15 when the fight gets low and slow with mountains and valleys.

I think it is also because we have a lot of inexperienced guys in Red flying the 27 and the 29. Plus, as you said AFs like maykopp -> vody is just that plains. To support strike packages you gotta be close and cant hide in the mountains 60km away from them.

If you dont like to be on the ground, why do see blue most of the time in the weeds? Occasionally you see a HiLo-pair or an astronaut, but most was med-low altitude.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You what mate?

My suggestion is quite separate to yours. No sides are 'losing' any aircraft/players.

You're asking for a "realistic" load out for a very specific time-frame, with that form of realism comes with a loss of aircraft, if you want to be logically consistent, no? Or is this purely to give Redfor as much an advantage as possible?

P.S. traitor, you didnt change to red did you :P

I really wanted to help you guys, when i saw the big unbalance on the cloud i chose red side, but the wing braking of sukhoi pissed me too much...otherwise i think i was going to stay red.

You need to be very aggresive vs aim 120....having a G limit of piper cub doesn't help at all ^^. and i don't have patience to learn to handle it :)

That's why i came back to my eagle..

The accents aren't a problem. I fly with the rve guys and I think 2 other guys are american. The crackers like myself are a minority in there.

Granted im not bilingual, so I'm part of the problem but as you said, I'm afraid of joining channels with 4 people I cant communicate with.

Actually we never had people in our channel not being able to communicate with eachother. It's only that some are communicating amongst themselfes in their native language ... which is quite annoying, WHEN it happens. (sry guys but it really confuses the **** outta me hearing two different languages at the same time while focussing ^^)

tl;dr in red most speak english and the russian keep to themselfes. I guess we are not slav enough ;_;

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I really wanted to help you guys, when i saw the big unbalance on the cloud i chose red side, but the wing braking of sukhoi pissed me too much...otherwise i think i was going to stay red.

You need to be very aggresive vs aim 120....having a G limit of piper cub doesn't help at all ^^. and i don't have patience to learn to handle it :)

We have Mirage Plaiskool:) Come in the waters fine...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

You answered your own question.

We all have GCI and OP radio comms.. It is the single pilots own fault when running into a active.. (I need more skill&training, how else should I get more, if I hide)

Beside that - From my end of the scope in round 6 it was more or less all about Min Vody - So yeah sure I could fly down there to the pretty mountains/Sochi but I'm not skilled/sneaky enough to stay below the GCI eyes to pop up and only get a kill using the EO.

From both sides I think the biggest problem is the lack of organisation(Well I can't talk for BluFor and you guys are effective when attacking and moving around the map)

I would really like if we had a round where Blue started in the North/West and Red in the South/East..

Lastly - I send so many missiles away only to see them go directly for a chaff or directly straight like I never had a lock in the first place. You say you miss flying the flanker but maybe you also forgot how bad the ER vs CM is. So I have to get really, really close and you have to be blind/stupid/noob to not see I'm about to kill you with my superior turnrate and flare eating ET. - While at the same time i'm trying to be defensive from the TWS shot I have to assume is on the way :D - Get on RED TEAM - FEEL the pain ;) Don't even get me started with the smoketrailing unbeatable(most often) M2K

Also - Lets try and have a round 7 with out the meme and pissing contenst here on forum plz :smartass:

I look forward to see you on my six later today :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think it is also because we have a lot of inexperienced guys in Red flying the 27 and the 29. Plus, as you said AFs like maykopp -> vody is just that plains. To support strike packages you gotta be close and cant hide in the mountains 60km away from them.

If you dont like to be on the ground, why do see blue most of the time in the weeds? Occasionally you see a HiLo-pair or an astronaut, but most was med-low altitude.

At times in the 15, I find myself at under 15k feet altitude. The entire time I'm there im thinking oh shit, get back up in the sky before a 27 eats me.

And you're right. I'm an average pilot at best in a2a. But I looked at the red and though man, theyre fighting us on our terms a LOT last round.

When I fly the red jets, I use radar and bvr in a very different way than most of the guys i fought against this round.

Without a gci, id imagine a real struggle for red but when you add one, and combine him with that IRST, they can be extremely deadly. I just didnt see much of it.

I dont get it, everyone rips their wings off. I keep my plane mostly within the limits. Just hammer in your head NEVER to bank and pitch at the same time, if you're over 1000kph and you'll be good :D

That is also one lil thing that makes it unbalanced because F15 can just pull 12G willy nilly and be fine ... but ED had to make the Su27 more fragile as it already is. It really becomes an issue when defending missiles.

But you can still win against 120Cs by doing big barrel roles.

[ame]

[/ame]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

At times in the 15, I find myself at under 15k feet altitude. The entire time I'm there im thinking oh shit, get back up in the sky before a 27 eats me.

And you're right. I'm an average pilot at best in a2a. But I looked at the red and though man, theyre fighting us on our terms a LOT last round.

When I fly the red jets, I use radar and bvr in a very different way than most of the guys i fought against this round.

Without a gci, id imagine a real struggle for red but when you add one, and combine him with that IRST, they can be extremely deadly. I just didnt see much of it.

IRST and GCI is deadly, but you need 1 GCI for every single pilot!

RedFor have won rounds three four and five, which includes the two rounds so far that were 80s missiles only, so my statement stands.

My problem was with the "only" :thumbup:

Apart from that, do you think 27r 27t vs aim-7 aim-9 is unbalanced?

My problem was with the "only" :thumbup:

Apart from that, do you think 27r 27t vs aim-7 aim-9 is unbalanced?

Not at all, I think you're misunderstanding my point; if you read back through this thread you'll see I proposed an AIM-7 vs R-27ER scenario, giving Red an additional missile on top of what they currently have.

The point about Red winning with 80's missiles was not that it was unfair, it was that Red seem to cope with the lack of current gen weapons better than BlueFor does, and that is a credit to Red.

Edit: I just read my comment that you were referring to, I didn't say "only."

Edited by Monkey21

Yes, I know and it can be very deadly, but when you have people who don't call foxes, and fire on the same target - one firing ET (which would be going in) the other fire an ER ... well the target will not go down and it happened so often :C There's a lack of tactics, I guess it is just a thing of practice and training.

A GCI cannot micro manage all of that, which some may have needed to be done. I was even micromanaging missile defenses for fighters at times.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dont get it, everyone rips their wings off. I keep my plane mostly within the limits. Just hammer in your head NEVER to bank and pitch at the same time, if you're over 1000kph and you'll be good :D

That is also one lil thing that makes it unbalanced because F15 can just pull 12G willy nilly and be fine ... but ED had to make the Su27 more fragile as it already is. It really becomes an issue when defending missiles.

But you can still win against 120Cs by doing big barrel roles.

In an off topic note, I could watch Tacview all damned day and not get bored. It's almost like im playing.

Not at all, I think you're misunderstanding my point; if you read back through this thread you'll see I proposed an AIM-7 vs R-27ER scenario, giving Red an additional missile on top of what they currently have.

The point about Red winning with 80's missiles was not that it was unfair, it was that Red seem to cope with the lack of current gen weapons better than BlueFor does, and that is a credit to Red.

In red we do not get people asking in chat "why can't I load amraams?" ;D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@tello

Watch for 30s, best impression for many of bluefor operations. ;D

With the Heli groups there was this meme of "Go attack FARP they said, we have CAP they said".

TBH we had the same impression on blueside of red side beeing more organized. :D So i think it really depends who is online and if you have someone directing the attack.

Was great fun, looking forward to the next round ! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Yes, I know and it can be very deadly, but when you have people who don't call foxes, and fire on the same target - one firing ET (which would be going in) the other fire an ER ... well the target will not go down and it happened so often :C There's a lack of tactics, I guess it is just a thing of practice and training.

A GCI cannot micro manage all of that, which some may have needed to be done. I was even micromanaging missile defenses for fighters at times.

Indeed. Part of our tactics is identifying who is the shooter and who is supporting as the engagement begins. It saves missiles and makes you far more combat effective. There's quite a bit of that going on in blufor.

I am against the restrictions in terms of arms or logistics. If ED make models with that weapons they do that for a reason.

And...

- someone don`t like Kh58 = restricted

- someone don`t like R27ET = restricted

- someone don`t like AIM120 = restricted

- someone don`t like S300 = restricted

- someone don`t like TOR`s = restricted

Restrictions are someone's games and "calculations" and wherein airbase`s are covered by chaparal`s, strelas or some small sh*t who do not have that purpose, airbases don`t have enough fuel + main aircrafts on alert are not ready to takeoff (small qty of fuel or no fuel at all). And all of these needs depend on the efficiency of the helicopters.

This is AIR COMBAT simulator - not TRAVIAN. More and more we do things on the ground than in the air.

But ''Blue'' are decided. :)

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH!