Aersopatial AS565 PANTHER

Devil 505

PolyChop guys,

I normally would not start my own post asking for such a task, however as the son of one of the men who designed a flew this amazing aircraft, I hope you can squeeze it into the line of Helicopters in the future. Since I was a kid, I remember the first day my old man snuck me onto the assembly line for the grand showing of the Panther to all the French personnel who had flown to Grandprairie TX to see it. I have waited many years now to see her make a grand entrance into the sim world but no one has done so yet. I was thrilled to see the Gazelle making its way to DCS. It no doubt brings back memories as a kid flying with the old man. Unfortunately my dad passed not too long ago or I would have him contribute (he would want to) to the development of your aircraft. He worked for over 22 years with aerospatiale/american eurocopter. I look forward to the BO-105 as well. There are so many good choices to bring to the table from this company however my favorite and one that has not been talked about enough is the Panther. I am sure you are all aware of it at Poly. I thought I would make a begging chance at asking you to consider it in the future. It would be a huge tribute to my dad who put the original Panther together and also put the first 95 Coast Guard HH-65 Dolphins through their first flight tests. I still have all his old photos from those days. Liked the old paint scheme better. You guys are doing a great job and have brought back so many memories already I once shared with my old man. I look forward to Polychops future with DCS. Thanks again guys.

947281302_Panth1.thumb.jpg.76dc141e422afdc8d14c2db95dc747fe.jpg

279482286_Panth2.thumb.jpg.6d94d61c44b77d2b2b52e5854b705d4d.jpg

1534538992_Panth4.jpg.59f7fdcc55cbd91a15363af23f35543b.jpg

1143042032_Panth5.thumb.jpg.caccd5b1a415f93b223a67b9318e3930.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Robert,

thanks for posting and your written words.

We appreciate helicopters and proposals a lot.

Right now we focus the release of the SA342 Gazelle and look into other helicopter after the release. I can not reveal anything, but who knows, maybe this helicopter will be available at some time in the future.

She looks sexy in design that is for sure.

About DCS and AS565 it is something totally different in terms of combat employment.

I too am a lover of all things rotary winged in DCS. However I think the Dauphine/Panther, would be in an even smaller niche than the Gazelle is going to be. The Gazelle has guided weapons and spotting systems, where as the Dauphine looks to only have the most basic of helicopter weaponry. Meaning unguided rockets and gunpods.

Please don't misconstrue this into something it's not. I want desperately have more helicopters in DCS. We have a couple of good transports, an upcoming recon/light attack, and one solid attack bird. I would like to see a more modern full fledged attack helicopter added to the hangar. That's my 2 cents worth. :)

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

I also want BaD_CrC's banner to run out of space!

More choppers!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Forget the Typhoon, stuka and all that other fixed wing peasant nonsense, give us an epic selection of choppers instead! :D

Typhoon/Stuka fanboy flames coming in 3, 2, 1...:protest:

Fixed-wing is sooooo 1903!

I want my aircraft to be a collection of parts flying in loose formation with each other!

I bet you that in several months, when we'll begin to talk more about the stuka release, there will be exactly the same subject, but with people saying that they don't want this helicopter piece of crap and prefer old vintage planes.

Then do a vintage helicopter, like the Mi-2URP-G. :D

I should point out I may have made the suggestion in jest but I do actually want it. There is a decent argument for the Mi-2 and specifically the URP-G, it's the closest eastern block chopper I know of to the Gazelle, Bo-105, MD-500 and other armed light western choppers. I think having both sides represented well is important in a combat flight sim from both a SP and MP perspective. So the Mi-2 shouldn't be quickly dismissed, it's a very good option after the current projects are finished.

I'm not a fan of old aircrafts, but, what do you think about this chopper?

EC-665-Tigre-11-1024x683.jpg

The Tiger is my favorite chopper! :D

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A Tiger is ofcourse awesome and I would like it more than a mi-2.

But a mi-2 armed with guided weapons is like putting a missile system on a old tractor. I find it really awesome somehow. The mi-2 would also take considerably less time developing I would imagine. Though its effectiveness will probably be a lot worse.

There is so much I still want.

A Tiger would be absolutely amazing, but I doubt they would get clearance from eurocopter.

If we were to get a Tiger it would be a real dilemma which version is to be preferred.

The german one has the by far superior optics, the army stated that you can still read a cars license plates at 7km distance and you can look 360 degrees around, so you can target stuff anywhere and keep your eyes on stuff.

The Version with the chin cannon has obviously more firepower, but inferior optics, since the angle limitation and afaik also in resolution.

The german one is the definition of a tank/vehicle hunter, also the only one which uses Fire and Forget missiles and can salvo fire up to 4 of them.

Meanwhile the other Systems have the cannon which gives them way better options against soft targets.

I would probably prefer the german variant because stealth and guided missiles are my thing, but thats just me. :D

Do not expect the tiger to be in the works but you can always hope and wish. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?