** DCS F-14 March Mini-Update! **

Cobra847

Can someone clarify; is Simple radio 'built-in' to the F-14 or is it just simple radio 'friendly' (simple radio still a separate executable).

i.e. If a friend of mine has never downloaded SR, will he need to to chat with me flying the F-14 online?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone clarify; is Simple radio 'built-in' to the F-14 or is it just simple radio 'friendly' (simple radio still a separate executable).

i.e. If a friend of mine has never downloaded SR, will he need to to chat with me flying the F-14 online?

You still need SRS - it's just that'll it'll work from day one on release and all the incockpit controls and radios will work as well in release ( including intercom! )

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

You still need SRS - it's just that'll it'll work from day one on release and all the incockpit controls and radios will work as well in release ( including intercom! )

Thanks a lot.

I hope one day SRS becomes standard with DCS and supported by all high fidelity modules

Thanks a lot.

I hope one day SRS becomes standard with DCS and supported by all high fidelity modules

It is more or less, already. The trick is to map the push-to-talk buttons to the ones you use in game. The only remaining issue is, that you can either have a general setup for all radios, or you adjust precisely to a specific module and mimic its stick layout as close as possible...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Thanks a lot.

Just to clarify - SRS works with everything in DCS and always will. :)

SRS push to talk will also always work with every module.

For some modules like UH1 you could use SRS without setting any hotkeys in SRS at all as the radio switch and push to talk are all modelled and fully functional.

F14 will be like this.

If modules have physical ptt buttons that are clickable SRS can use them as a PTT, if not, you just use the SRS hotkey

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Just to clarify - SRS works with everything in DCS and always will. :)

SRS push to talk will also always work with every module.

For some modules like UH1 you could use SRS without setting any hotkeys in SRS at all as the radio switch and push to talk are all modelled and fully functional.

F14 will be like this.

If modules have physical ptt buttons that are clickable SRS can use them as a PTT, if not, you just use the SRS hotkey

sure. I have been using SRS for some time already. But if all modules come with a seamless integration, it would be more widely adopted.

sure. I have been using SRS for some time already. But if all modules come with a seamless integration, it would be more widely adopted.
Gotcha.

it is seamless on pretty much all other than the FC3 aircraft at this point, as they're not clickable but any help from the Devs is much appreciated! :)

Stay on Topic Guys...

//Cleaned, SRS + Tomcat Discussion Restored

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I have to say that the F-14 never attracted me before (I'm more of a mud mover anyway). But seeing Heatblur building one with such love makes me want to buy this module right away! :thumbup:

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I have to say that the F-14 never attracted me before (I'm more of a mud mover anyway). But seeing Heatblur building one with such love makes me want to buy this module right away!
With the f-14 we will be able to move mud very well. I guess it will be the only two seater with a targeting pod for a while.

I have to say that the F-14 never attracted me before (I'm more of a mud mover anyway). But seeing Heatblur building one with such love makes me want to buy this module right away! :thumbup:

Same for me. Yes it is an iconic airplane but it's role as a fleet defender wasn't my prefered role(for myself), but after seeing they added AG capability(targeting pod) it moved from my "sometime in a sale" list to the "instant buy" list, poor wallet. :cry::D:joystick::pilotfly:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• 3 weeks later...

Cannot wait for the next "mini-update"

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Is there one for April is there? That’d be brilliant

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They said there would be an update at the end of the month. Too bad no update for April.

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind

Cannot wait for the next "mini-update"

I can not wait for the next update regarding development schedules, shouldn´t they meanwhile have reached a status where a "road to release" can at least be estimated? Just wondering...

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I can not wait for the next update regarding development schedules, shouldn´t they meanwhile have reached a status where a "road to release" can at least be estimated? Just wondering...

They more or less indicated sometime around September. They said they're within 90 days of EA.

Patience guys. It only has been three years.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Patience guys. It only has been three years.

True, if we see that since the announcement of the F-18 has more than 5 years ... HB has almost 2 years of credit still to launch the aircraft .... KKKKKKKKKKKKK

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind