IronJockel

-= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-  

160 members have voted

1. 1. -= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-

• Yes
    • No

Cold War server

1990s Harrier version?

The Viggen is a 90s version as well. I never understood why such a modern version was allowed on here. Like Alpen said, those other guys defend it like crazy but why do you think they do that? Because they only excel in that plane because it has so many advantages. They don't do anything in any other planes.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously I too feel both the Viggen and the Harrier are too advanced for the Cold War server. Now I can understand if the Viggen is being used as an F-4 Phantom substitute, but if that's it, then maybe it should be replaced with the Phantom as soon as that's out

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Because they only excel in that plane because it has so many advantages. They don't do anything in any other planes.

Prejudice much....

i hop into my L-39 when i want to do some propper A2A :pilotfly:

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

The Viggen is a 90s version as well. I never understood why such a modern version was allowed on here. Like Alpen said, those other guys defend it like crazy but why do you think they do that? Because they only excel in that plane because it has so many advantages. They don't do anything in any other planes.

Really tho?

Most pilots on the server don't fly one jet exclusively.

And as one of those who defends the AV8B, if you read my arguments you'd see it's nothing to do with "so many advantages" it's to do with adding another jet to the server which adds to the missions and doesn't diminish the experience of Within Visual Range Combat, which is the life and soul of the server.

The AV8B and Viggen carry no advantage over the Mig-21 that can't be overcome.

Name me one pilot who only flys the AV8B or Viggen and tops the leader boards because of the unfair advantage you refer to? :music_whistling:

I'll give you some who fly a variety of jets and manage to have no problem putting the AV8B and Viggen in the dirt with the Mig-21 and also fly Viggens and AV8B's. :thumbup:

Time to back up your statements mate.

Seriously I too feel both the Viggen and the Harrier are too advanced for the Cold War server. Now I can understand if the Viggen is being used as an F-4 Phantom substitute, but if that's it, then maybe it should be replaced with the Phantom as soon as that's out

Advanced in what respect dude? Is it purely for a historically accurate setting that you would prefer them out?

Personally I can't think of anything that distinguishes them over the Mig-21 to such a degree that they have no place on the server. I do agree that they might be to modern for that setting if you want a "historical accurate server". But you will be severely limiting your choices of jet and will have to make a larger number of changes than simply removing two jets in order to achieve that.

Edited by comie1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't see why the viggen should be so advanced. Sure it has some weapon systems that came in the 90s, but those are for ground attack. Those 90s upgrades on the Ajs don't give you any advantages in a-a.

There is no BvR or similar on this machine.

In terms of dogfighting you still have a hard time on any other dedicated fighter on this server settings.

Banning planes would make the server surely bleed players...

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

Help.Korean server 1952 включите пожалуйста поддержку вибро накидки .enable support vibrator capes please.why disabled? the ability to output vibro cloaks? I can not without it! please return, the only normal server on which I fly for a moment15

Edited by Lovcar

Help.Korean server 1952 включите пожалуйста поддержку вибро накидки .enable support vibrator capes please.why disabled? the ability to output vibro cloaks? I can not without it! please return, the only normal server on which I fly for a moment15

Try here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=194192

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had some talk with Ciribob. As always he's one hell of a blessing to DCS. He simply offered me a server for SimpleRadio so I can use for the Cold War server. The IP number is in the missions' briefing which is the same in all missions:

SimpleRadio Cold War: 5.189.162.17:5020

Red AWACS/GCI: 124 MHz, channel 0 for MiG-21's and L-39's, rest is by default.

Blue AWACS/GCI: 251 MHz for all planes.

Combining AWACS and GCI in one channel should give you even more SA.

Have fun!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Had some talk with Ciribob. As always he's one hell of a blessing to DCS. He simply offered me a server for SimpleRadio so I can use for the Cold War server. The IP number is in the missions' briefing which is the same in all missions:

SimpleRadio Cold War: 5.189.162.17:5020

Red AWACS/GCI: 124 MHz, channel 0 for MiG-21's and L-39's, rest is by default.

Blue AWACS/GCI: 251 MHz for all planes.

Combining AWACS and GCI in one channel should give you even more SA.

Have fun!

That's great news Alpen! Some of the guys are going to be very happy about this.

Tell Ciribob we said thanks! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fantastic news, thanks Alpenwolf and Ciribob!

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

First server crash in a while tonight :cry:

oh, then this wasn't me ...

about srs: haven't heard anybody on the radio.

Since frequency for everybody was 251mhz am (blue) I tried to call people, but no response.

Did this work for others yesterday?

oh, then this wasn't me ...

about srs: haven't heard anybody on the radio.

Since frequency for everybody was 251mhz am (blue) I tried to call people, but no response.

Did this work for others yesterday?

Simple Radio works just fine. Looks like only Red players use it.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

That's sad, somehow I believe there should be only one communicative system.

Having TS and SRS at the same time would always split up the users.

In my opinion I see SRS as the more capable tool for this server - wouldn't it be 'better' to announce it this way on the mission briefing?

Somehow the people should get encouraged to use the radio ...

Usally on SRS/TS are:

Hero

Comie1

CAT

evo

Rid n dirty

Nach

Dustoff

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Prejudice much....

i hop into my L-39 when i want to do some propper A2A :pilotfly:

The Mig-29 was developed from the late 70 - early 80s same with the F-15. Why are they not on this server???? And I agree they should not be on this server....I own and like both aircraft but if I question the use of it in a specifc enviroment that must mean I'm prejudice against them....lol

Do you even understand the words you use to describe things or do you just though out whatever you think sounds best?

Prejudice:

noun 1. an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.

What I said:

The Viggen is a 90s version as well. I never understood why such a modern version was allowed on here.

The reason is right there in the sentence, the exact opposote of prejudice.

Really tho?

Most pilots on the server don't fly one jet exclusively.

And as one of those who defends the AV8B, if you read my arguments you'd see it's nothing to do with "so many advantages" it's to do with adding another jet to the server which adds to the missions and doesn't diminish the experience of Within Visual Range Combat, which is the life and soul of the server.

The AV8B and Viggen carry no advantage over the Mig-21 that can't be overcome.

Name me one pilot who only flys the AV8B or Viggen and tops the leader boards because of the unfair advantage you refer to? :music_whistling:

I'll give you some who fly a variety of jets and manage to have no problem putting the AV8B and Viggen in the dirt with the Mig-21 and also fly Viggens and AV8B's. :thumbup:

Time to back up your statements mate.

Tops the leaderboards because of the "unfair advantage" that you refer to?

Really.....I love the redicluas conclusions that people come to and facts that they add to statements online so they can try to make their point. I like how you added "unfair" to my statment even though I did not refer to unfair advantages.

This shows how you take what people say and apply meaning that was never even implied. No one said that the server was dominated by anyone using these aircraft. Yet, the only way you can see proof is if they are on the top of the leader board. So if a guy can't manage to get kills in Mig-21 of F-5 but then gets 3-4 kills in the Veggan then that has nothing to do with the plane he is using because he is not at the top of the leader boards??? In case you haven't noticed the majority off all the players on the sever usually are at 0 kills. So the leaderboards are reflecting an entirely different area then what I'm referring to.

Your statements can be hilarious: I'll give you some who fly a variety of jets and manage to have no problem putting the AV8B and Viggen in the dirt with the Mig-21 and also fly Viggens and AV8B's.

hahaha....so by definition you are NOT talking about any of the individuals I am. Your comment is akin to if I had said, "there are a lot of people out there that are so bad at shooting that they could only hit the side of a barn with a shotgun." Only for you to respond with, No" that's not true, I can give you the names of guys that can shoot a tin can at 1000 yards"........uh okay......

I like how you added "unfair" to my statment even though I did not refer to unfair advantages.

Sorry man I will apologist for that one. :doh:

I'm kinda lost with the rest of your post tho sorry.

Let me answer this part of your OP

I never understood why such a modern version was allowed on here.

Because the Viggen has no BVR capability and fits in perfectly into the tailored missions created to suit within visual range combat scenarios.

Because they only excel in that plane because it has so many advantages. They don't do anything in any other planes.

Now that part you're going to have to elaborate on. What are these advantages? Why are they bad? Why is flying the jet you're best in bad? How does this apply to the server in a negative manner?

Don't get hung up on titles..

If you want BVR go to the 104th if you want BFM come to ACG Cold War.

The server is in the top 3 most popular servers for good reason:

The missions Alpenwolf created are awesome with jets and Heli's we love and...and we don't get spammed by BVR missiles from jets that fly on both sides! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The server is in the top 3 most popular servers for good reason:

The missions Alpenwolf created are awesome with jets and Heli's we love and...and we don't get spammed by BVR missiles from jets that fly on both sides! :thumbup:

I cannot +1 this statement enough ! ;)

absolutely right sir!

thx comie1, :-D

but i have better things to do in life that arguing with someone on the internet who has allready made up his mind and resorts to general insults against the people who are opposed to his argument.

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

thx comie1, :-D

but i have better things to do in life that arguing with someone on the internet who has allready made up his mind and resorts to general insults against the people who are opposed to his argument.

Me and my free time :music_whistling:

:megalol:

Edit: Not flying but did a quick check and the servers down this morning Alpenwolf/Ironjokle

Edited by comie1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Massive thanks again to Ciribob and Alpenwolf once again for getting a SRS server up for us. Last few nights have been such a blast on the server.

Special thanks to the GCI's

EVo aka comie2

CAT

Sport

Tricker

Chip aka Dustoff

and anyone else I missed...

Who have spent hours on end helping us out regardless of our inability to read a compass (Acidmind), use of foul language (HERO) and shouting at you (I'm sorry).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi there,

I think this server has some really good missions and matchups. I really prefer it to the servers with mixed DCS/FC3 modules.

That said, have you guys considered the EWRS script? The poor AWACs on the red side cannot keep up with all of the "bogey dope" requests.:joystick:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria