104th Phoenix - Operation Longbow - Dynamic PvP Mission

104th_Maverick

About the comms, I notice Magic(The AI) is spamming constantly while I am trying to listen to the actual human calling out targets etc. This is in the A10c.

I think the only way to get around this is by turning your Helmet Volume down, you should still be able to hear SRS but the AI will be muted.

Moving in to Bullseye West is a very dangerous prospect!

Sadly if you do not have CAP it's highly unlikely you are going to make it back to base.

Unfortunately this is one of those realism side effects that we didn't have in our older missions, but I think it adds more value to pulling it off. I've been shot down loads of times crossing the line in to BZW but the times when you make it in and out are usually some of the most epic sorties!

At present a good amount of people are using SRS but we can do better.

Once more and more clients come around to the new style of play we will get a lot more co-ordination between CAP and CAS, it just might take a few more weeks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my two cent on "Operation Longbow":

Well the concept and idea are good and promise enough action for all.....

1. I was wondering myself why the mission takes several minutes to load in single player and ages in multiplayer

2. short look in the mission builder told me all what I have to know...

3. 3000 units ..... wtf. No late activation?

4. permantly BRA calls by awacs.....

5. you are using mist and CTLD why not AWACS script?

6. to get rid of the BRA calls in a FC3 module "R-Shift /" until only players comm is written....

7. would try to realise some more via script instead of 1 million triggers...

8. This will reduce the loading/sync time on client connect a lot.

Hower....just my 2 cent

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

;3394295']

Unfortunately this is one of those realism side effects that we didn't have in our older missions, but I think it adds more value to pulling it off. I've been shot down loads of times crossing the line in to BZW but the times when you make it in and out are usually some of the most epic sorties!

It really is a great thrill trying to do CAS pushed that close to the enemy. Without adequate CAP it causes you to really think about your strategy and plan your flight in advance...even then, it can all fall apart in the blink of an eye. It can be frustrating getting shot down over and over, but like you said, that's real life :thumbup:

;3394295']At present a good amount of people are using SRS but we can do better.

Once more and more clients come around to the new style of play we will get a lot more co-ordination between CAP and CAS, it just might take a few more weeks.

Another thing that will help immensely for CAP/CAS coordination, at least on the Blue side, will be the Harrier having two functional radios once RAZBAM updates for it. The Harrier is the current majority of blue CAS, but it's a massive PITA to flip back and forth between 257.8 and 140.0 on Comms 1. Once I can have both tuned on Comms 1 and 2, it will be so nice to have simultaneous coordination with my CAS guys on working the ground targets and be able to 1) stay apprised of the situation with CAP on 257.8 and 2) call for CAP on 257.8 when necessary. It's do-able now, it just causes a huge headache and breaks communications on 140.0 and you never really know what the CAP situation is looking like :doh:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

7. would try to realise some more via script instead of 1 million triggers...

8. This will reduce the loading/sync time on client connect a lot.

The loading time is down a memory problem with DCS 2.5 and has nothing to do with the mission set up.

The mission is one of the most stable missions in the entire community at the moment specifically because I have not used scripts to replace the trigger functions.

There are over 3300 units in the mission, more than 70% of those are on late activation.

Despite what you might be thinking, I know exactly what I am doing ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Chaps,

I keep getting booted and I don't know why. My ping is 112 or so so I don't think its that.

I'm not being overly naughty. Sometimes I just take off and get kicked.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Crispy

PS: Log says:

2018-02-12 18:35:33.781 INFO NET: disconnected: 104 You were autokicked from the server.

2018-02-12 18:35:33.784 INFO NET: disconnected from server

2018-02-12 18:35:33.801 INFO NET: client has stopped

If that helps?

You are flying around with the chat off.

You just got booted from the server for teamkilling a friendly Roland Radar Site at an active airbase.

Make sure you understand how the mission works by reading the briefing on post #1 and check out the maps linked of the airbases to show you where friendly and enemy units are.

If you get kicked without firing any weapons it's because your connection has become unstable and you have been removed for high ping.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

;3394325']The loading time is down a memory problem with DCS 2.5 and has nothing to do with the mission set up.

The mission is one of the most stable missions in the entire community at the moment specifically because I have not used scripts to replace the trigger functions.

There are over 3300 units in the mission, more than 70% of those are on late activation.

Despite what you might be thinking, I know exactly what I am doing ;)

Oh he,

nevermind that I will tell you to do the right way. Who am I? No, it were only my two cent....

And as always in the aviation. There is potential everywhere to do better....if the MEMEORY Bugs a gone, ofcourse :doh:

Regards....

P.S: I know exactly what I'm doing too. :smilewink:

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

;3394295']I think the only way to get around this is by turning your Helmet Volume down, you should still be able to hear SRS but the AI will be muted.

Moving in to Bullseye West is a very dangerous prospect!

Sadly if you do not have CAP it's highly unlikely you are going to make it back to base.

At present a good amount of people are using SRS but we can do better.

Yeah I will try the Helmet Volume next time I am flying.

I actually like SRS, its a bit to get used to as I am accustomed to flying in near silence besides TS...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BUILD -CaseLabs SMA8 w/ i7 6700(4.7 OC), Dual Custom Watercooling loops(CPU,MOBO and Gcards on own loops), Gigabyte G1 Gaming z170, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666, 2x Kingston Savage 960GB SSD's, 2x WD Black 4TB drives, 2x Gigabyte GTX 1080ti's, EVGA Supernova P2 1200w PSU, Creative Zx.

Monitors - ASUS Predator z35p 35" 3440x1440, LG 34UC87C 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide.

cockpit - oButto R3evolution

Yeah I will try the Helmet Volume next time I am flying.

I actually like SRS, its a bit to get used to as I am accustomed to flying in near silence besides TS...

Embrace the realism and the immersion of operating multiple radios as the real guys would :thumbup: It's definitely a little bit of a learning curve but very quickly it becomes second nature to you just like everything else.

Also, just a tip that I've found to help limit the comms overload a bit: While I always join in the 104th TS when flying, once I am loaded in to the server and on SRS comms I mute my mic and my sound. If someone wants to contact me to coordinate in flight, I request that they do so via SRS. Otherwise I catch myself having to work to figure out if someone is talking to me in SRS or in TS, and that is an unnecessary workload for me. TS is pre-flight, SRS is in flight.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

;3394295']I think the only way to get around this is by turning your Helmet Volume down, you should still be able to hear SRS but the AI will be muted.

Yeah, this. I forgot about this. I have mine at 15%. Helps a lot :thumbup:

A question ? I am guessing that the extended radio function on the Harrier adds a FM radio ? Instead of an AM one ?

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Yeah, this. I forgot about this. I have mine at 15%. Helps a lot :thumbup:

A question ? I am guessing that the extended radio function on the Harrier adds a FM radio ? Instead of an AM one ?

From the pocket guide, re: the ODU...

Option 2: This option is only available when the selected frequency is between 225.000 to

400.000 MHz. It toggles between AM or FM modulation. Otherwise it is blank.

V/UHF Radio Set Control is still a WIP, I will search through the NATOPS manual later tonight and see what else I can find out on it.

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

;3394393']You are flying around with the chat off.

You just got booted from the server for teamkilling a friendly Roland Radar Site at an active airbase.

Make sure you understand how the mission works by reading the briefing on post #1 and check out the maps linked of the airbases to show you where friendly and enemy units are.

If you get kicked without firing any weapons it's because your connection has become unstable and you have been removed for high ping.

Ah, sorry about that. I did lose it on takeoff and crash into something, that might of been it.

From the pocket guide, re: the ODU...

Option 2: This option is only available when the selected frequency is between 225.000 to

400.000 MHz. It toggles between AM or FM modulation. Otherwise it is blank.

V/UHF Radio Set Control is still a WIP, I will search through the NATOPS manual later tonight and see what else I can find out on it.

No, you miss understood me Buckeye.

What I meant is, that SR has the option for extended radios (not sure about the exact name). Meaning, that if a plane has only one or two radios, SR can still simulate a third "all in" AM radio for example.

Like on the F-15 where you got two UHF radios, and SR adds a third radio. I see it as a modification to the aircraft (especially older ones) to have more radios :music_whistling:

So the questions was more like, is this available on the Harrier and what kind of radio does it represent, because I believe I've heard Harriers on 30FM, which wouldn't be possible ?

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

No, you miss understood me Buckeye.

What I meant is, that SR has the option for extended radios (not sure about the exact name). Meaning, that if a plane has only one or two radios, SR can still simulate a third "all in" AM radio for example.

Like on the F-15 where you got two UHF radios, and SR adds a third radio. I see it as a modification to the aircraft (especially older ones) to have more radios :music_whistling:

So the questions was more like, is this available on the Harrier and what kind of radio does it represent, because I believe I've heard Harriers on 30FM, which wouldn't be possible ?

Ah, my mistake. I think the expanded radios are just done in SRS for FC3 level aircraft but I'm not certain. Ciribob would be the guy to ask for certain, but I'd expect that the Harrier will only have 2 functional radios in DCS fully integrated/simulated like the real jet...and controlled within the Harrier once RAZBAM updates the radius modeling.

I believe 30FM is just the dummy freq Ciri gave the Harrier since Comms 2 doesn't do a thing currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Ah, my mistake. I think the expanded radios are just done in SRS for FC3 level aircraft but I'm not certain. Ciribob would be the guy to ask for certain, but I'd expect that the Harrier will only have 2 functional radios in DCS fully integrated/simulated like the real jet...and controlled within the Harrier once RAZBAM updates the radius modeling.

I believe 30FM is just the dummy freq Ciri gave the Harrier since Comms 2 doesn't do a thing currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a quick test and it seems, that when "Radio Expansion" is set to ON (which is set to "ON", on the server, because the F-15 can use a third radio), you get a VHF radio first(If your aircraft has two radios) and then a UHF one(If it only has one radio).

So following this logic, you should be able to use a third VHF radio in the Harrier, have you checked the overlay (don't know how that works in VR) ?

And I have the suspicion, that when this option is set to "On", you actually get the whole set of radios from the AWACS overlay, but don't quote me on that

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

• ED Team

Thread reopened after cleanup

Any further 1.6 violations and I will be handing out warning points.

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

y2dJ6bA.jpg

Operation Longbow will be down this evening as we run a test on behalf of our friends at BuddySpike.

Our server will be hosting a test version of Blue Flag to gather MP data from an external source, this data will hopefully go towards increasing MP stability across the community.

Please join us if you can!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK turning down/off Helmet audio did the trick!

Had fun last night running the mission. Though I spent 23 minutes flying at 160' head on a swivel waiting for Air Support, find a target, get my Mav off and then realize the 65D locked on a friendly unit that was in the seeker's FOV but farther away...

Wild Turkey has been autokicked....

#FACEPALM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BUILD -CaseLabs SMA8 w/ i7 6700(4.7 OC), Dual Custom Watercooling loops(CPU,MOBO and Gcards on own loops), Gigabyte G1 Gaming z170, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666, 2x Kingston Savage 960GB SSD's, 2x WD Black 4TB drives, 2x Gigabyte GTX 1080ti's, EVGA Supernova P2 1200w PSU, Creative Zx.

Monitors - ASUS Predator z35p 35" 3440x1440, LG 34UC87C 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide.

cockpit - oButto R3evolution

Hi guys.

I just asked myself how to find the tanker on this mission. There is no tacan mentioned in the briefing nor the course where they are circling. How are players supposed to find them? Thanks for your help! Cheers

If I would like to fly SFM I could get it for free at World of Warplanes.

You only need 2 of the following 3: Altitude - Speed - Skill

From the briefing

Callsign | Type | Frequency | TACAN | Intended Use Airframe

DHHOrTS.png

Are there different versions of the missions hosting? I could swear the briefing I saw wasn't showing that info. I even asked in the chat and I was told that this info is missing.

But anyhow: Great that it is there. Thanks :thumbup:

If I would like to fly SFM I could get it for free at World of Warplanes.

You only need 2 of the following 3: Altitude - Speed - Skill

i will not call names, but someone enterd my gazelle as a copilot without my permission...after he left i had to respawn because after that i wasnt able to enter the copilot seat anymore....any suggestions? i thought that its not possible to enter a copilot seat without permission...

• Like 1