The MiG-15bis wishlist!

msalama

So I'll just start then? I'm a dedicated groundpounder and what we guys need BAD is a rocket loadout! Pwetty pleeze BST :)

PS. Mods, if a wishlist thread exists already - couldn't find one - please merge this post with it. Thanks!

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I support this wish, I read somewhere MiG-15 can be load with rockets! And we really need it:)!

Prend ton temps mais fait ca vite :cold:... LG34''21:9 Asus 23''monitors Intel i7-4590 EVGA 1070 Superclocked Gskills 4x4G RAM Fatal1ty AsRock Z97 killer motherboard in a HAF black box with 4 CH products plug in and logitech G510, F310, M510 and M570 plus trackIR 5!

OK, good to know. Have to practice my bombing runs then - the last I've done this was in IL-2 like 10 years ago so it's been a while :) S!

Unfortunately, our version can't carry anything other, than 2 bomb types and fuel tanks.

MiG-15bis ISh (ИШ) - Fighter/Attack - is capable to carry various bombs and rockets.

Or Czechoslovak MiG-15SB:

image1077729112.jpg

image1077729260.jpg

Very specific I know and 20 years after Korea war ;)

Also, not really a wish, just a few questions regarding specific version of the aircraft portrayed in the sim, and what an excellent module it is... :thumbup:

The plane we have has got the older attitude indicator (later replaced by AGD with blue / brown background). I remember seeing the latter on some older WIP pictures. When was this introduced exactly, please?

Same for automatic air-brake, Sirena radar and ASP-3NM gunsight. Any MiG-15 experts out there? :thumbup: By the looks of it what we've got is the early version of the bis, or am I wrong?

Thank you very much.

For me and for the moment English translation for the "DCS_MiG-15bis_Flight_Manual_RU.pdf" because the Russian is impossible to read.

Thanks in advance, Skull.

AFAIK, Sirena is a radar warning receiver, not a radar and it was only tested on the MiG-15 but not put into production aircraft.

Yes, Sirena-2 RWR - I might be wrong, but it became standard equipment for all production a/c at some point in 1951 or 1952. I also forgot the mirror in the above list. The fighter was in constant development and I am just curious which version exactly have we got in our hands. I am perfectly happy with the module as it is :thumbup: My "wish" is for someone from BST (or anyone else) to clarify the development and perhaps add the dates of the changes in equipment if possible at all.

Edited by Robo.

I'd like to see campaign and in the future Korea map and second campaign :).

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yes, Sirena-2 RWR - I might be wrong, but it became standard equipment for all production a/c at some point in 1951 or 1952. I also forgot the mirror in the above list. The fighter was in constant development and I am just curious which version exactly have we got in our hands. I am perfectly happy with the module as it is :thumbup: My "wish" is for someone from BST (or anyone else) to clarify the development and perhaps add the dates of the changes in equipment if possible at all.

1.) Absolutely right. The Sirena-2 was definitely in use in the last phase of the Korean conflict. In 1953 new MiG-15bis often had it installed. And as we fight against one of the most modern F-86F variants of that period it would be only fair to implement the Sirena-2 to our MiG-15bis. In multiplayer this would come in handy as I experienced firsthand that Sabres are waiting in the vincinity of your base and try to get you on take-off or landing. Just like in Korea. And it works pretty simple. If Sirena-2 detects the Sabre´s gun radar emissions from behind you will get a ringtone in your headset. Pretty straight forward.

2.) The AGK-476 artificial horizon should be made available as an option. It is much more suitable for a nimble fighter like the MiG-15bis.

3.) The ORO-57 eight round rocket launcher should be made available as an armament option to diversify our options in ground attacks. These eight round rocket launchers WERE TESTED on a STANDARD MiG-15bis coded 803 and used D3-40 shackels attached to the standard drop tank attachment points. Aiming was performed with the standard ASP-3N sight. I know, it was not put into use on the regular aircraft but only on a dedicated fighter bomber which enterd service. But for the sake of fun and diversity it should simply be there. So, actually this would be small but very useful addition to the BST MiG-15bis very much appreciated by the user community.

small but very useful addition to the BST MiG-15bis
I smell a mod cooking - and NO!!! I'm not talking about Sith and those guys :P Nah but seriously, our talented modders will most likely come up with a solution if BST doesn't...

1.) Absolutely right. The Sirena-2 was definitely in use in the last phase of the Korean conflict. In 1953 new MiG-15bis often had it installed. And as we fight against one of the most modern F-86F variants of that period it would be only fair to implement the Sirena-2 to our MiG-15bis. In multiplayer this would come in handy as I experienced firsthand that Sabres are waiting in the vincinity of your base and try to get you on take-off or landing. Just like in Korea. And it works pretty simple. If Sirena-2 detects the Sabre´s gun radar emissions from behind you will get a ringtone in your headset. Pretty straight forward.

My thoughts exactly :thumbup:

Have you got any info regarding automatic air brakes, rear view mirror and ASP-3NM by any chance? When exactly they were implemented etc?

As I said before, I am not asking for these to be modeled necessaruily, I am happy with the module as it is, pretty awesome :joystick: I just wonder which version exactly have we got in the sim. My guess was early variant of MiG-15bis...

Also, can anyone confirm that OSP-48 (blind landing equipment) is installed? I am aware of the NDB possibilities and ARK-5, the RV-2 is also installed and so is the MRP-48. I am not sure though if that makes our MiG an all-weather fighter and if blind landings are possible at all.

I am happy with the module as it is, pretty awesome.
Make no mistake, so am I. And I'll even go on record saying the MiG-15bis is probably the finest virtual AC I've ever flown! But being unhappy in any way, shape or form is _not_ why I started this thread, mind y'all ;)

Same here, msalama, I love it!

I found the answer right on the module's page:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/mig15bis/

The MiG-15bis cockpit model is created to the highest standards set by BST – maximum accuracy. The model is based on the MiG-15bis modification equipped with the OSP-48 instrument approach system, i.e. with additional radio navigation equipment. Cockpit indicators, instrument panel, control panels, flight controls and individual cockpit elements are covered with high resolution textures and corresponding animations.

Excellent. I just blew 2 cockpit lights when practicing cold starts in pitch dark. The level of detail is incredible - rheostats fully CW for too long and bang, lights off. I am yet to figure out what the real life blind landing procedures were back in the 50s. I guess we'll have to wait for the full manual and for the NDBs to work correctly.

• 1 month later...

I would really love a demilitarized version without gunsight -just like in this video

I know, MiG's here mainly for fighting, but today it's mostly flown without gunsight (which greatly improves fwd visibility), so if you want to be close to reality... but these are just my thoughts, the aircraft is great anyways :)

Id like to see any campaign.....

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I would really love a demilitarized version without gunsight -just like in this video

I know, MiG's here mainly for fighting, but today it's mostly flown without gunsight (which greatly improves fwd visibility), so if you want to be close to reality... but these are just my thoughts, the aircraft is great anyways :)

Yes! I was just thinking about that!

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

I wouldn't mind seeing rockets on the MiG, but at the same time I don't mind not having certain options as long as accuracy is maintained by the devs; I would be very disappointed if that opened the floodgates to prototype/fictional aircraft with fictional/theorictal load outs as if it was World of Warplanes.

My thoughts exactly :thumbup:

Have you got any info regarding automatic air brakes, rear view mirror and ASP-3NM by any chance? When exactly they were implemented etc?

As I said before, I am not asking for these to be modeled necessaruily, I am happy with the module as it is, pretty awesome :joystick: I just wonder which version exactly have we got in the sim. My guess was early variant of MiG-15bis...

Also, can anyone confirm that OSP-48 (blind landing equipment) is installed? I am aware of the NDB possibilities and ARK-5, the RV-2 is also installed and so is the MRP-48. I am not sure though if that makes our MiG an all-weather fighter and if blind landings are possible at all.

We have a relatively late version of the MiG-15bis actually (mid/late 1951), although to be more accurate, it should probably have the RWR (late 1952/53). This version has the newer, faster-firing NR-23 and N-37 cannons. You can tell by looking at the bulges on the sides of the plane. Also, I think the automatic speed brake capability was installed ever since the MiG-15bis entered service.

I seem to have been mistaken. Our MiG-15bis looks as if it is a late version, but our version still has the NS-23 mm cannons despite looking as if it has the newer, faster-firing NR-23 cannons in the MiG-15bis (late) which should also have a bit more ammo. See the attached link: http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/213739-russia-could-use-another-mig-15bis/