[INVESTIGATNG]Ka-50 Fuel Consumption Issue

Murey2

Hello,

According to the Manual the Consumption for single engine is 137g / (hp*hr)! (Manual 1-3)

So, if we have the 2 engines and ~102kg fuel (7%) that should fly us about 10 mins! And if we fly with 1 engine Flying time should be about 20 mins! But that doesn't happen! with single engine it flies for about 12 mins. way off!

Track:

KA-50 Flying With Eng 2 Fuel bug.trk

If there is something I'm missing please tell me.

Conclusion:

Flying with 1 or 2 engines make no impact on the Consumption! So, even when flying with 1 eng. it's as if it's flying with 2 engs. but with 50% the power!

If it's a Game-Engine thing other aircraft might be affected as well.

Edit: Note: I was flying with No weapons, no Gun Ammo, X-feed valve open, Gear Up and with Single Engine.

I hope to see it fixed.

Edited by Murey2

Also, according to the Manual (1-9) it should have internal fuel of 1870kg internal fuel and 550kg for the external tank, What happened to that?

Edit: It's 1870 liters and 550 liters so it's correct.

Edited by Murey2

Tha Ka50 have 2 separate fuel tank with 2 independent fuel circuit that feed the 2 engines.

Unless you open the Xfeed valve that allow the fuel from both circuits to feed the single working engine, you have almost the same endurance as you reported.

Secondly, the external fuel tank weight 550Kg, 440Kg of fuel + 110Kg the tank itself, and to make those tank feed the circuits/engines, you have to turn on the relatives pumps.

And to have the external pumps do their work, they need electrical power for the external stores (weapons power)

Edited by flanker0ne

Tha Ka50 have 2 separate fuel tank with 2 independent fuel circuit that feed the 2 engines.

Unless you open the Xfeed valve that allow the fuel from both circuits to feed the single working engine, you have almost the same endurance as you reported.

Secondly, the external fuel tank weight 550Kg, 440Kg of fuel + 110Kg the tank itself, and to make those tank feed the circuits/engines, you have to turn on the relatives pumps.

And to have the external pumps do their work, they need electrical power for the external stores (weapons power)

Well, thank for your effort but that's not correct because I have made a mistake! the 1870 and 550 are in liters...

550 liters of kerosene is 440kg...

Also in the track you can see that I opened the cross feed valve. but if you saw the track and it appeared that the X-feed was closed then it's because the track replay in DCS is a re-simulation of what happened and it does have many bugs.

• ED Team

Hi

we will review this soon, no changes have been made to the fuel system for a long time.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2