DCS World Mission Database and Search engine by /r/hoggit. Search for the perfect mis

Check it out here, Mission Database is in the menu in the top left.

And here's an example using OP Talisker's listing page

Here are the highlights:

• Search by damn near anything
  • Mission Name, tags, text in the description, author, min/max players, weather, filter by aircraft, and many many more

• Data is automatically generated from the data in the .miz file
  • No more reading mission descriptions on forum posts that are formatted in god knows how many ways and may not even include data like "how many player slots are there" and what kind they are.

Tags are automatically generated (things like "Day", "Night", "Cloudy", "CAS", "CAP" and many many more) and additional ones can be added by users

• Upvote good missions and comments on missions to find the best stuff quickly
  • Leave and read comments to get reactions from other players
  • Anyone can upload files, you don't even need an account

• Like 3

Mission Database and search engine! Search by data extracted from miz files

Heh, sorry for the spamminess of this thread, they combined all the threads into one

Edited by jers

Mission Database and search engine! Search by data extracted from miz files

And here's an example using Separatists Aggression's listing page

Here are the highlights:

• Mission Name, tags, text in the description, author, min/max players, weather, filter by aircraft, and many many more

• No more reading mission descriptions on forum posts that are formatted in god knows how many ways and may not even include data like "how many player slots are there" and what kind they are.

Tags are automatically generated (things like "Day", "Night", "Cloudy", "CAS", "CAP" and many many more) and additional ones can be added by users

• Like 1

Need missions? Hoggit Search Eng uses extracted data from miz to search on anything

And here's an example using Separatists Aggression's listing page

Here are the highlights:

Forum posts are a crap way to find missions, check out Hoggit's Mission Search Engine

Here are the highlights:

I'd love to get you guys' feedback on this, I'm definitely looking to make the best tool possible for the flightsim community by hopefully taking some of the sting out of finding quality missions! Thanks!

Edited by jers
  • Like 1

Love it! Definitely waaaaaay better than trawling the forums, hoping to find an interesting mission for whatever module you're flying. Here's hoping that it catches on quick and mission developers start to update it with their missions!

Yea, I shutter when thinking about the number of times we've spent 30..60..90 minutes (or more) just looking for a mission that met a given set of criteria.

Frequently we'll have a group on TS wanting to fly but hoggit has a huge range of skills and people with various subsets of modules. Trying to then go find a mission that fit the bill for everyone interested was always a challenge. More often than not we'd end up flying the same couple over and over just because we knew they met the need at the time. This should be a nice addition to the toolbox.

Edited by funkyb

This is awesome! Thanks for the shout-out in the vid bro :D This'll be way easier for mission makers to get their names and awesome missions out there! So easily searchable, missions wont be buried ten pages back in the forums now :P

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

This is awesome! Thanks for the shout-out in the vid bro :D This'll be way easier for mission makers to get their names and awesome missions out there! So easily searchable, missions wont be buried ten pages back in the forums now :P

Sepp is a classic man, thanks for the time you put into that!

Off topic: so is that mic the secret to your awesome radio voice?

• Like 1

Definitely the best place to search for missions!

When searching for missions with special aircraft, the result is based on 'OR'.

For example: A-10 and Ka-50 selected shows also missions in which only one of them is playable.

Though, may you pls add a toggle for the results? Selecting between 'AND' and 'OR' would be nice.

Thanks! :)

Edited by RightStuff

Definitely the best place to search for missions!

When searching for missions with special aircraft, the result is based on 'OR'.

For example: A-10 and Ka-50 selected shows also missions in which only one of them is playable.

Though, may you pls add a toggle for the results? Selecting between 'AND' and 'OR' would be nice.

Thanks! :)

This is a pretty good idea and I imagine it'll be pretty easy to implement!

Jers, Nice work excellent addition to DCS :)

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

@Midnight: Right now you'd have to email me to remove an older version (I guess I should put an email on the site) but in the *very* near future (like probably tomorrow) I'm going to add a feature that lets you type in a mission name on the upload screen in a field titled like "This mission is a newer version or replaces X" and when you search for missions they'll be a note on the page just like for missions in a series that says "This mission might be an older version" along with a link to the newer version.

Right now it kinda has to be like the because literally anyone with or without an account can upload a mission so I don't want people griefing each other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are the highlights:

I'd love to get you guys' feedback on this, I'm definitely looking to make the best tool possible for the flightsim community by hopefully taking some of the sting out of finding quality missions! Thanks!

I've downloaded several missions and there has never been a *.miz file in the zip, RAR or other zip folder. Only files with no extension look like mission, other, weapons, warehouses and so on. How do you get them to play in dcs.

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

I've downloaded several missions and there has never been a *.miz file in the zip, RAR or other zip folder. Only files with no extension look like mission, other, weapons, warehouses and so on. How do you get them to play in dcs.

Sounds like your browser/download manager auto-detects that the .miz file is in fact a Zip archive and opens it for you.

Can you try to right click a download link and then "Save link as..." or something like that, so that the .miz itself gets saved? That should probably solve your problem.

@Midnight: Right now you'd have to email me to remove an older version (I guess I should put an email on the site) but in the *very* near future (like probably tomorrow) I'm going to add a feature that lets you type in a mission name on the upload screen in a field titled like "This mission is a newer version or replaces X" and when you search for missions they'll be a note on the page just like for missions in a series that says "This mission might be an older version" along with a link to the newer version.

How is that feature coming along?

I'm not the most active mission builder around here (only two missions published so far), yet one of them had already been uploaded to the Mission Database, and then I updated the mission and re-submitted it, so now there are two seemingly independent versions. It would be great if there was a way to merge them together or at least delete the old one so that people won't get the old content (but the old version has two upvotes which I would like to keep, if possible ;)).

Old version: http://hoggitworld.com/missions/97/operation-paperboy/

New version: http://hoggitworld.com/missions/214/operation-paperboy/

Sounds like your browser/download manager auto-detects that the .miz file is in fact a Zip archive and opens it for you.

Can you try to right click a download link and then "Save link as..." or something like that, so that the .miz itself gets saved? That should probably solve your problem.

I'd go with that but the file I download is a Zip extension. For example combat_rescue.zip not miz maybe I should unzip it then rename the folder to miz

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)