Operation "Blue Flag Normandy" - 24/7 WWII PvP Campaign - ROUND 1

xcom

Hi,

Just wanted to say that, this server looks like someone put some time and effort into it and it doesn't appear to be very popular.

For my part, I find the whole thing extremely overwhelming. As someone coming to it completely cold, I have almost no idea on what is going on, what I'm supposed to be doing and how to find out.

After spending an hour or so, going to the website, and joining the server/reading the brief, etc., I think I might just now have something of an inclining of what might be going on.

However, the whole SRS thing is a bit of a mystery.

Anyway, I'm not going to continue typing just to say the very simple thing that:

For people, like me, that have no idea what is going on, WAY more and SIMPLE explanation is very much needed. Otherwise, we, the ignorant, are just going to turn away from it.

• 6 months later...

Update -

During the current situation world wide, we are opening more Blue Flag scenarios to allow everyone to enjoy the BF persistent campaign 24/7 with the scenario you want - Modern (Persian Gulf), 80s (Caucasus), WWII (Normandy) Cold War (Nevada), Korea (Caucasus)

Currently Blue Flag Normandy WWII has been started again and is running now 24/7 -

http://gadget.buddyspike.net/map/normandy

For information about the scenario and any questions, you are welcome to our Discord and website -

Discord - https://discord.gg/8VPX9wk

Website - https://www.buddyspike.net

There's a full SOP here - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...EyhChBCxU/edit

A new Wiki in the works - http://gadget.buddyspike.net:8085/wi....php/Main_Page

You are welcome to join us on Discord for any question and assistance to get started.

Cu in the skies!

Brilliant!! Thanks a lot guys!!!

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

That's absolutely incredible!!! I was hoping for Blue Flag Cold War to return for many years as it has been absent for such a long time. The addition of Blue Flag Korea is the icing on the cake!

Thanks a lot @buddyspike, this is absolutly awesome news!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Monday 6 April, 2020: The Axis forces have secured all the airfields and airbases in France.

[barring any R/L complications] I will be flying missions on Tuesday, 7 April 2020 at around 19:30 US CDT (0:30 UTC) with the aim of recapturing either Maupertus or Azeville. I don't believe that you can ever spawn from Maupertus but I do believe you can be repaired/rearmed/refueled there if you hold it and it may be a softer target than Azeville to take.

Given the fact that there is an almost 20 minutes flight between wheels up to on station, I believe it is next to impossible for 1 pilot to accomplish anything. Matter of fact, I believe it would take the concerted effort of three or more.

Therefore, I'm asking, if anybody is available tomorrow at 19:30 USCDT (0:30 UTC) and would like to pitch in, please join me.

p.s., if there is a better place/way to coordinate blue flag (or other online activities) with the community as a whole; please advise.

S~

Monday 6 April, 2020: The Axis forces have secured all the airfields and airbases in France.

[barring any R/L complications] I will be flying missions on Tuesday, 7 April 2020 at around 19:30 US CDT (0:30 UTC) with the aim of recapturing either Maupertus or Azeville. I don't believe that you can ever spawn from Maupertus but I do believe you can be repaired/rearmed/refueled there if you hold it and it may be a softer target than Azeville to take.

Given the fact that there is an almost 20 minutes flight between wheels up to on station, I believe it is next to impossible for 1 pilot to accomplish anything. Matter of fact, I believe it would take the concerted effort of three or more.

Therefore, I'm asking, if anybody is available tomorrow at 19:30 USCDT (0:30 UTC) and would like to pitch in, please join me.

p.s., if there is a better place/way to coordinate blue flag (or other online activities) with the community as a whole; please advise.

S~

how did it go tinman?

In a different game long gone, there was a territorial conquest map and every night 2 german / US based players would invade and capture all of england, we would then spend all day recapturing everything and then get across the channel all the way back to paris for us to log off and they would re do it all again when we slept.

This server reminds me of those fun times and to have a basic base capture element built into a DCS mission is fantastic. To be a bit more believable all we would need is a c47 and ju-52.

how did it go tinman?

It didn't. I still plan on tonight (Tuesday, 7 April) at around 19:30 US CDT. I can see how my post could be confusing as 7 April 19:30 my time is 8 April 0:30 UTC and, upon rereading, it became apparent to me that I did not make this very clear.

so, Hopefully some allies will show up [my] tonight.

I enjoy it

how did it go tinman?

In a different game long gone, there was a territorial conquest map and every night 2 german / US based players would invade and capture all of england, we would then spend all day recapturing everything and then get across the channel all the way back to paris for us to log off and they would re do it all again when we slept.

This server reminds me of those fun times and to have a basic base capture element built into a DCS mission is fantastic. To be a bit more believable all we would need is a c47 and ju-52.

In the end it is about having fun, besides those extremely boring 'airquake' servers.

Kudos to Heavy[VR] whose perseverance I much admire, he was a worthy opponent these last days as we fought for Maupertus, Azeville, Needs Oar Point or Funtington. It was really fun, but we only proved that 1v1 is a 'no go' for capturing any airfield across the Channel.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I was on for a little over 90 minutes last night. I made three runs over the channel on Maupertus. Each run resulted in a flak and a AAA emplacement destroyed and each run ended with me getting killed by AAA fire. Before I arrived on station on the last run, I got a mesage that the airfield had been repaired.

I think it would be next to impossible for a single plane to cap accross the channel. Maybe, if I was more careful and managed to take out the emplacements in one run without gettting killed I could then focus on trucks and assests.

Last night, there were just two of us on: 701_Snooper and Me. Thanks almost entirely to the efforts of Snooper, we were able to "close" the Azeville airbase. But, both of us had to quit at that critical time.

As soon as circumstances would permit, I checked the status of the map on the website; hoping that somebody, maybe Heavy was able to connect and finish the capture before it was too late. Alas, to my great disappointment, not only was that the case and the base was fully under German control again, but, Oars Near Point is now under German control.

Just need a couple more guys on at the same time to turn the tide....

Last evening UTC time, I was having a lot of fun denying 5 guys who wanted to take Azeville. They waited for me to leave the server so they can take it. Well, karma is a bitch.. :)

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

Specs:

Settings:

The way it's set up the mission right now gives advantage to the allies..

Specs:

Settings:

Pretty engaging back and forth going on right now. Almost the entirety of last week had the allies were pushed back to the British south coast. Even to the point where Needs Oar Point was taken and recaptured at least once.

Footholds in Normandy were gained and lost repeatedly. Until a break through was made Saturday evening. Normandy was once again almost completely retaken by the axis. But, the allies pushed back right away, reestablishing their presence on the continent.

For the moment, things are mostly stable with a slight allied push but, everything could change in a matter of hours...........

Just found out about this server! I will make sure to join.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Pretty engaging back and forth going on right now. Almost the entirety of last week had the allies were pushed back to the British south coast. Even to the point where Needs Oar Point was taken and recaptured at least once.

Footholds in Normandy were gained and lost repeatedly. Until a break through was made Saturday evening. Normandy was once again almost completely retaken by the axis. But, the allies pushed back right away, reestablishing their presence on the continent.

For the moment, things are mostly stable with a slight allied push but, everything could change in a matter of hours...........

I was find myself alone among more than a dozen allies.. Things were getting rough. :)

Edited by amazingme

Specs:

Settings:

Hi guys, hi xcom, as promised https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=269779

Ziggy :).

Два главных вопроса к ЕД:

Зачем у Мустанга в ДКС винт от Ми-8, который разгоняет его с динамикой Спита при одинаковой заправке и бОльшей на четверть массе?

Почему у FW-190 топливо расходуется с одинаковой скоростью из переднего и заднего баков и в итоге сигнальные лампы загораются не впопад?

ps Дмитрий, если Вас заставили прикрутить винт от Ми-8 к Мустангу - подавайте знаки, мы Вас спасём!

The heated back and forth that happened during Passion Week did not repeat itself this week. With some push back from the axis forces, the allies are currently making methodical and steady advanced in Normandy.

An important "tipping point" for the allies is approaching where, unless there is a concerted and heavy counter attack from the axis, there will be no coming back for Germany....

stay tuned and join in.

Goulet Defended

After a relatively calm first week of Easter with slow allied gains in Normandy (I think Amazing took the week off?), ...

At around 1:00 UTC 20 April, 2020 what appeared to be a concerted axis counter attack out of Hauterive on Goulet was underway.

Noticing that I was alone on the server against 3 or 4 axis pilots, Heavy joined to aid in the defense.

In short time, we had more people join on both sides.

Some skirmishing took place over Goulet and Hauterive.

As it often does, Real Life interposed itself and I had to make an abrupt departure with, If I remember correctly, 5 allies to 6 axis.

I woke up this morning (I'm on US CDT) to find Goulet still in allied hands.

It was good to see more people joining up.

-side note, I think I like the addition of the halftraks and tigers. Makes it bit more challenging. And the heavies flying around seem to add a bit of life to the ambiance of the server

Today Heavy and I captured the last southern base of the Reds, we had to destroy the tanks - it was great!, had to make an extra flight just for the tanks - the task is not easy, but we did it :). In the place of the Reds, I would try to turn the tide - it’s still possible, we flew through the strait some time ago..

ps oops.. probably now this is no longer possible :) ..

Edited by -Slayer-

Зачем у Мустанга в ДКС винт от Ми-8, который разгоняет его с динамикой Спита при одинаковой заправке и бОльшей на четверть массе?

Почему у FW-190 топливо расходуется с одинаковой скоростью из переднего и заднего баков и в итоге сигнальные лампы загораются не впопад?

ps Дмитрий, если Вас заставили прикрутить винт от Ми-8 к Мустангу - подавайте знаки, мы Вас спасём!

Hey! Is there any place where I can read a FAQ or how to about Blue Flag?

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

May be Google-translate? https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=269779

FAQ

Sorry, I meant to get back to this and forgot all about it. As far as FAQ outside the game, I don't know. I have suggested that information be made more accessible and detailed on the website because the whole Blue Flag environment can me a bit overwhelming at first.

However, to answer your question, there is a "help" menu within the game (under the F10 menu). It does have a good deal of information, however, because it is in the game, it is a bit clunky and difficult to use.

The basics, in case you don’t already know:

1. There are zones called "PAK". Each of these zones have capturable objectives that belong to one side or the other. Use the F10 menu to get updates on the status of each of the objectives in each of these zones (you can also get an easy quick view of the map with the states of the objectives on the website)
  2. Every objective (whether town or airbase or airbase/town combo, etc) has a certain amount of destroyable targets (along with various static objects that are not destroyable; it becomes apparent fairly quickly which objects should be engaged and which should be ignored). These targets consist of AAA, flak, barracks, trucks, T-Shaped buildings, tanks, halftraks and towers.
  3. As these targets are destroyed, the objective's "health" decreases. As long as the objective is "open" it will slowly "repair" (destroyed targets will be replaced)
  4. When almost all the targets within the objective have been destroyed, the objective will "close". I'm pretty sure at this time the objective will no longer repair
  5. When all the engageable targets within the objective are destroyed, the objective will go neutral and become captureable
  6. Now you must deliver troops to capture the objective (turn it from neutral to your side) This is done by delivering troops using a TF51 (whether you are axis or allied). To deliver troops using the TF51:
    1. Spawn in a TF51
    2. Access the F10 menu and Select CTLD (or whatever it is)
    3. Find Troop Transport and load troops
    4. Fly to the objective and land
    5. Once landed, unload the troops in the same way you loaded them

After the troops have been unloaded the objective will switch from neutral to your side but will be closed

[*]To open the objective a TF51 must used to deliver a repair crate (side note, all logistical items, crates, troops etc, must come from open objectives in your side's control) to deliver a repair crate:

1. Spawn in a TF51
  2. Access the F10 menu and Select CDTL (or whatever it is)
  3. Find logistical crates and select "repair crate"
  4. A crate will be delivered. You must load this crate. Use the F10/CTLD/Crate commands (or something like that) to load it
  5. Fly to the objective and land
  6. Unload the crate in the same way you loaded it.

After the crate has been uloaded, the objective will reopen and begin to repair

-NOTE: Items 6 and 7 may have some errors. I am at work "working" and I am writing this from memory so I can not verify the correct exact steps but the gist is correct. When I get home, I'll double check and update/edit as required.-

There is a bit more to it, but this is the basic idea on what is going on as of today, 24 April, 2020

{Whew, never tried to do lists in this format before. That was a bit of a chore}

-edit: I just noticed that Slayer has a pretty good and comprehensive description linked above. It is in Russian but google translate will convert it on the forums.

Edited by BM357_TinMan

Axis on the move

Looks like it is time for an allied surge. As it stands right now, the axis are pushing through PAK3.

If the allies aren't careful, they'll be pushed back across the channel.

We don't want that. Time to recapture some allied spawn points before it is too late!