Sporadic crash in Multiplayer

bswift

This worked well on 2.5.5, 2.5.6 (first update), and in single player.

However in multiplayer I will sometimes be ok, but everyone that joins will crash right out to the desktop.

It's probably more valuable and easier for ED QA's to run this mission and figure out what the bug is in DCS that causes this. I have a hard time believing a mission file could cause the whole game to crash (shouldn't ideally).

Anyways, here's the mission you can test with:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/01kp5spiwg9k1bp/MP-Caucus-Anapa.miz?dl=0

Let me know if there's something I can do to fix/help. It might be a bit tough / take a while for me to get logs from a client joining.

Edited by bswift
last sentence

• ED Team

Hi,

can you attach your crash ( client ) logs when it happens also, it will give us some clues hopefully.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It's probably more than sporadic now.. It seems every time.

The contents of the crash logs are:

# -------------- 20200408-235805 --------------

Ok now we're done with crash logs the main logs have some errors right before it crashes.

2020-04-08 23:58:04.357 ERROR wWeaponSystemManager: Can't get the fire position connector FIRE_CENTER_L_02: there is no connector with such name.

2020-04-08 23:58:04.358 ERROR woShip: connector 'SHIP_NOSE_ON_WATERLINE_CENTER_1' is not specified in model 'cvn74'

2020-04-08 23:58:04.358 ERROR woShip: connector 'SHIP_TAIL_ON_WATERLINE_CENTER_1' is not specified in model 'cvn74'

2020-04-08 23:58:04.368 ERROR woShip: Network: Carrier start positions number mismatch!!! Unit type:Stennis

and the full log file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0cbq9plhvbmpwxx/dcs.log.crashing_on_anapa_mission?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

if you are experiencing crashes still please attach the logs it will give us something to check.

the automatic reporting will also do this for us, but if you want me to take a look, please attach them.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. Problem is there's no crash log that I know of. It just closes to desktop. No, I didn't run out of memory. Is there a debug mode or something that I can check if it just closes for no reason with no crash dialog? No errors, no nothing. just bam, desktop.

It's very frustrating because it always waits until I've spent 30 mins crossing the map before it crashes. The last time it happened I had just taken off from the Abraham lincoln. I was in F2 mode to watch the launch, then switched to cockpit mode and crash before the cockpit showed up.

The time before that I wasn't even near any carriers. I was flying a harrier in the middle of the ocean at 30k ft. Did something normal that I do all the time with no problems (I think speed up but not sure) and then crash. no errors, nothing.

Edited by CaptainObvious

• ED Team
Same thing is happening to me on the DCS aerobatic server. I'll be flying, have it on autopilot hands off, and it'll just crash to desktop with no error.

Crash log attached.

Please remove all unofficial mods and run a cleanup and repair

I have a guide below

thanks