TrackIR 5 - Profiles not showing up.

FONS

Hi, just bought TrackIR, downloaded this A-10C profile, unzipped it, copied it to the profiles folder but it isn't showing up on the profiles drop down list of the TrackIR interface. When i try to copy the profile it asks me for admin rights, which i do it, but still it isn't showing up.

I am running Windows 10, and i tried running TIR5 as admin, and the profile donesn't show up either.

Also, tried to create a new profile on the TIR interface, and it isn't showing up on the profiles folder.

Can someone help me? All the tutorials tell me it should show up as soon as i copy a profile in the C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\Profiles

Thanks in advance, hope someone can help me so i can finally try this... :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System

CPU: i7 4790K GPU: Asus GTX 970 4Gb MOBO: Asus Z97 PRO RAM: 16Gb OS: Win10 x64

The profiles are now located at C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\Profiles.

This stumped me for quite a while too.

Thank you very much man! I was going nuts with this. NaturalPoint should update his manuals and more for a 180€ peripheral :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System

CPU: i7 4790K GPU: Asus GTX 970 4Gb MOBO: Asus Z97 PRO RAM: 16Gb OS: Win10 x64

• 2 years later...
The profiles are now located at C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\Profiles.

This stumped me for quite a while too.

I dont see them there in Windows 10 pro?

Did they move again?

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

• 8 months later...

Same here .....

I7 4770K / 1080 TI / 16GB RAM / VR Q2 / 3X IIYAMA 27 / T.16000M FCS TWCS / TRACK IR PRO

A-10C II / F/A18 C / F-14 / F16-C / M-2000C / F-86F Sabre / C-101 / SPITFIRE LF / P-51D / FW 190 D-9 / FW 190 A-B / Bf 109 K-4

CHRISTEN EAGLE II / YAK-52 / UH-1H Huey / SA 342

CHANNEL MAP / NEVADA / NORMANDY /  PERSIAN / SYRIA / SUPERCARRIER /

TAKE OFF FRANCE.FR

Same here with Windows 10 pro. Also clicking on middle (favorite) tab causes it to blank out other choices.

I tried overwriting folders and files with an older version. This made some things work but other new things break.

• 4 months later...

I am also having a similar issue.....

I have downloaded Spudknockers profile, saved in app data roaming track ir etc, but it does not show on the drop down. A profile called "HUD" shows there, but when I look in the profiles folder, there is no such profile. Same in the program files folder.

I have deleted and re installed the Tir software, makes no difference....

I have also tried renaming the default profile to "old" and renaming spuds profile to default , as I can see default, HUD, smooth & one 2one in the drop down. When I did this the default profile did not appear to be Spuds....

I am thinking that its looking for and reading the profiles somewhere other than the paths mentioned... what other explanation?

Can anyone help please?

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

I have downloaded Spudknockers profile, saved in app data roaming track ir etc, but it does not show on the drop down. A profile called "HUD" shows there, but when I look in the profiles folder, there is no such profile. Same in the program files folder.

I am thinking that its looking for and reading the profiles somewhere other than the paths mentioned... what other explanation?

FYI, Renaming a profile in a directory will not change its name in the TrackIR Profiler selector as it uses the saved name within the profile file itself (xxxxxxxxx.xml), obviously these names will be matched when the profile is first created.

If you wish to rename any profile, you will either have to re-save a current profile from the TrackIR Profiler to a new file name or change the header in the profile file (xxxxxxxx.xml) itself.

Spudknocker renamed Profile, ie:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>

<Profile>

<Name>DCS World (Spudknocker)</Name>

<Description>DCS World Spudknocker profile</Description>

<ExclusiveLoad>0</ExclusiveLoad>

<TrueViewEnabled>1</TrueViewEnabled>

So the "HUD" profile is most likely the spudknocker profile, just open the xxxxxxxx.xml with a text viewer and view the "<Name> xxxxxxxx </Name>" and it should be "HUD", if you don't like that name change it to what you wish to show as in TrackIR Profiler.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Thanks, I will take a look later tonight

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Hi Ian, yes, spuds profile is called HUD....thanks!