HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

I think at this point all of them come with a clip included. If everyone else's that was ordered from HP has shipped by now and have no issues I think I'm comfortable enough to order one soon and finally replace the odyssey. I'll probably put up my Odyssey for sale when I get home.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

OK. Now we know for sure we got production in 925 and 930. Will be interesting to see is there a gap in production or HP continues all this time with production?

Point is to establish an exact time when fixed "gen2" start to produce and is there pause, gap, in production. Basically, we just guessing about "gen2", maybe it does not exist at all at least not physically.

The clip could send to all users separately if it is part of the fix and rest of the fix could be software/firmware update. In that case, there is no "gen2" or gap in production and all units will be fixed the same way like Rift-S with some initial problems.

Please report back with your 9xx between 925 and 930 numbers to establish the gap

It's in. I have the second version of the HP reverb. A additional clip is added for the connection. Yes now testing for heat! Hooraah for HP for excellent service. I send the old one today back to them. :D

Heat is tested. The headset becomes a little warm on top but much cooler then gen1. It's not a issue anymore. :D

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

It's in. I have the second version of the HP reverb. A additional clip is added for the connection. Yes now testing for heat! Hooraah for HP for excellent service. I send the old one today back to them. :D

Heat is tested. The headset becomes a little warm on top but mucht cooler then gen1. It's not a issue anymore. :D

How did the return process work? You had to send it in and they sent a replacement or did they send out the replacement first and you sent the broken one back later?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

How did the return process work? You had to send it in and they sent a replacement or did they send out the replacement first and you sent the broken one back later?

They want i send the gen1 back at first 3 months ago.

I say no. I have no headset anymore. There was no date that i could get the new one.

So after many mails and time. 3 months. HP send me a new one and i must send the proof of sending the old one back. I tested the new one first today and send the old one back.

Much kudos for the services aftersales from HP! I am very happy! :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Very happy with my reverb. little issue with tracking when face down clicking on lower console but work around is laying some white papers on my lap and on the dark floor under the desk.

On the unrelated note, leave your copy of dcs on a non-windows system drive. On initial testing reverb pushed my already unstable overclock pc. with cloned copy of windows somewhat mixed up between the 2 NVMe drive. Although 2nd old NVMe windows has been reformatted the boot mngr got moved to that drive. I suspect it’s those left out little partitions that windows make on system drive. Long story short. i am now reconfiguring years worth of button assigning to all module that I own and voice attack profile.

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

I was able to spot my tanker 13 miles out on an early morning background. I loose it every time I look away but can re acquire with good focus

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

Very happy with my reverb. little issue with tracking when face down clicking on lower console but work around is laying some white papers on my lap and on the dark floor under the desk.

On the unrelated note, leave your copy of dcs on a non-windows system drive. On initial testing reverb pushed my already unstable overclock pc. with cloned copy of windows somewhat mixed up between the 2 NVMe drive. Although 2nd old NVMe windows has been reformatted the boot mngr got moved to that drive. I suspect it’s those left out little partitions that windows make on system drive. Long story short. i am now reconfiguring years worth of button assigning to all module that I own and voice attack profile.

That's the first thing I did when I got an nvme 1tb drive. Formatted and reinstalled windows with just that drive active and then attached my other drives after. I have dcs on another 1tb ssd which is really full now and I haven't updated dcs in months either. I will have to do so when I get the reverb though.

Im glad it works fine on a separate hd than the os because it sure takes up a lot of space but at least it does not take long to load.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I put a light on right over head at ceiling level that seems to fix that. :smilewink:

I am without a Reverb the first time since June 10th when the first one was delivered (returned second one to Best Buy). Hopefully, HP kicks out some "fixed" Standards soon.

Edited by Secoda

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

I put a light on right over head at ceiling level that seems to fix that. :smilewink:

I am without a Reverb the first time since June 10th when the first one was delivered (returned second one to Best Buy). Hopefully, HP kicks out some "fixed" Standards soon.

In my case I needed a contrast. I got black desk, black pedal, and dark gray chair.

[TABLE]i[/TABLE]

Oh Secoda. You have my commiserations. To be without Reverb for awhile. Disappointing. I'm lucky enough to have sorted all the problems out and have a stable headset.

I have had my headset since early June as have you and to see you fall by the wayside now is jarring.

Guess it's the luck of the draw with early adopters...

Never mind, you will bounce back.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Hello, my reverb arrived this week.

After some days expertimenting i cannot say that i am fully happy.

With the rift and rift s i had quite good performances and visual quality (With pd 1.3).

With the reverb i cannot mantain 45fps also if i lower my settings. I am often at 40/42 with a lot of dips and also very often the steamvr screen appears for a second and then DCS returns

I have to switch to 60hz setting to have a better experience but it is not optimal. I have dcs pixel density at 1.0

I see that at 100% steamvr puts the resolution quite higher then the reverb real resolution.

So i need to put the resolution for dcs at 78% to match the reverb res (roughly).

Can someone help me understand what is happening?

As you can see from the signature my pc is top of the line and also the gtx 1080ti should be ok for dcs (it is in 2d and it was with the rift s).

I deleted shaders etc etc.

Also i have a secondary issue (which i had with every vr headset i tried) when i press the vr center button, the visual is resetted but is not really centered is always a little offset.

Is there something i can do for this?

Thanks

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Hello, my reverb arrived this week.

After some days expertimenting i cannot say that i am fully happy.

With the rift and rift s i had quite good performances and visual quality (With pd 1.3).

With the reverb i cannot mantain 45fps also if i lower my settings. I am often at 40/42 with a lot of dips and also very often the steamvr screen appears for a second and then DCS returns

I have to switch to 60hz setting to have a better experience but it is not optimal. I have dcs pixel density at 1.0

I see that at 100% steamvr puts the resolution quite higher then the reverb real resolution.

So i need to put the resolution for dcs at 78% to match the reverb res (roughly).

Can someone help me understand what is happening?

As you can see from the signature my pc is top of the line and also the gtx 1080ti should be ok for dcs (it is in 2d and it was with the rift s).

I deleted shaders etc etc.

Also i have a secondary issue (which i had with every vr headset i tried) when i press the vr center button, the visual is resetted but is not really centered is always a little offset.

Is there something i can do for this?

Thanks

You need to read through the last 150 pages of this thread. There are diferent versions of Reverb and different software settings. My Reverb Pro settings at full resolution is 188%. Other versions are very much lower. You appear to be setting some very high supersampling with your settings if your software version is the latter.

I think.it is Secoda that has the other setting type. It is not the resolution, rather than the scaling that is different.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

You need to read through the last 150 pages of this thread. There are diferent versions of Reverb and different software settings. My Reverb Pro settings at full resolution is 188%. Other versions are very much lower. You appear to be setting some very high supersampling with your settings if your software version is the latter.
If the Reverb is at 188% for full res then you are using the non beta version of WMR. The beta version updated the slider scale several builds ago, where 100% include the correct amount of supersampling over and above native resolution to account for distortion in the fresnel lenses.

The WMR beta also identifies the Reverb with a different number it does not reflect different hardware.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Hey :)

Got my Reverb today but i just can not get it to work. :cry:

After first start, the Reverb works for 10 Minutes. After the 10 Minutes i gets a shut down and Windows says : Plug the Reverb into a USB 3 Slot. I tested several USB Ports, everytime same Issue.

WMR-Portal Failure Code: 1-4 / Check Cabel Superspeed USB 3.0 Port

Its a new Asus ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming Board.

Please help !

Thx !

Spoon

EDIT: have the Reverb connected with the PC from my Son with the same error during the installation: "No detection of USB 3.0". Thats not possible, its an Asus Prime B350 with 2 USB 3.1 Gen 2 Ports !

Edited by LtSpoon

AMD 7800X3D | Asus TUF Gaming X670E Plus | Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 64GB @6000MHz| NVIDIA 4090 FE | DCS only @ M.2 WD SN850X 1TB | Quest 3 & Virtual Desktop | TM Warthog | TM Pedals | | My F-18 Rogers SimPit

If the Reverb is at 188% for full res then you are using the non beta version of WMR. The beta version updated the slider scale several builds ago, where 100% include the correct amount of supersampling over and above native resolution to account for distortion in the fresnel lenses.

The WMR beta also identifies the Reverb with a different number it does not reflect different hardware.

I run windows 1903 version and beta of SteamVR and WMR for SteamVR.

So what are you saying is that i need to leave at 100%?

But i think it is really to much for my graphics card (but also for the faster 2080ti i think) the res is 2512x2464 .

With SteamVR at 100% i get accettable results only in 60hz mode, at 90hz and 100% there are not settings which let me stay at 45fps every moment, most of the time i am at 40/42 as said above. To have accettable results i need to use steamvr SS at 70% (2100x2060) above that value i have low fps and many steamvr screens.

Using fps4vr i also see that periodically i have red lines both in CPU and GPU usage and immediately after the usage drops to 0.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

But i think it is really to much for my graphics card (but also for the faster 2080ti i think) the res is 2512x2464 .

With SteamVR at 100% i get accettable results only in 60hz mode, at 90hz and 100% there are not settings which let me stay at 45fps every moment, most of the time i am at 40/42 as said above. To have accettable results i need to use steamvr SS at 70% (2100x2060) above that value i have low fps and many steamvr screens.

Using fps4vr i also see that periodically i have red lines both in CPU and GPU usage and immediately after the usage drops to 0.

It is a bit confusing, due to the distortion of the fresnel lenses, SteamVR applies a percentage uplift to the native resolution to make sure the center gets the full sampling. So 100% will appear oversampled in terms of resolution.

The good news is that the Reverb still seems to look pretty nice set to native resolution in SteamVR. In fact before the scaler got updated we were running at 188% to get around 2100 and thinking it was great! So 70% should be fine

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

There are others here with a 1080ti that run the reverb. I'm not sure how far back those posts are. I think there should be a sticky thread with the settings for each of the software settings but I don't know if we have one.

Make sure to set shadows to low or off and global shadows flat. Set pixel density in dcs to 1.0. Turn off civ traffic, lower the amount of trees and fog if you have all that maxed. Turn off msaa too.

Try this guide.

https://vr4dcs.com/2019/08/03/rig-tuning-tools-list/