Hideable VR Simpit

tribundf

Good day all,

I wanted to share my hideable VR box simpit, or whatever you want to call it.

After seeing maverickturner's stowable VR pit (https://imgur.com/gallery/PCZB4) I got inspired to do my own. Not quite as fancy and/or good looking, but I wanted to share anyway.

I use it solely for VR. Only thing I am waiting for is to buy the TM pendular rudder pedals.

Let me know what you all think.

Cheers,

IMG-5877.jpg

IMG-5878.jpg

IMG-5912.jpgIMG-5911.jpgIMG-5910.jpg

My wife would like this . She never fails to give my pit the side-eye . Having a monitor and a tv in the same room seems to offend her fung-shwei (sp?)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Oh, the sensor right behind your head. Tracking all good with that?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Oh, the sensor right behind your head. Tracking all good with that?

It works pretty well. I haven’t had too much time in it yet tho. If it gives me any trouble, I’ll mount it up front. I bought some 3D printed mounts for it.

But I’m also waiting for the Rift S with inside out tracking, which makes the sensor obsolete.

As for the wife giving it a side eye.... took some heavy convincing. She played me tho, as now we have a giant credenza in the living room, that I was unable to disagree with, ha

the bottom part of your seat, is that custom made? materials?

Im not asking about the Gametrix JetSeat, I mean the black cushion with the cut right between the legs.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

the bottom part of your seat, is that custom made? materials?

Im not asking about the Gametrix JetSeat, I mean the black cushion with the cut right between the legs.

Just a home made cushion with foam from hobby lobby and black fabric.

At work right now, with no pictures, but I’ll take some later if you’d like.