Gyroscopic Head Tracking

Hi all!

Does anybody know a 6DOF gyro powered DIY headtracking solution? I am currently using FreetTrack (I am broke and TrackIR is not available) and position of my setup gets affected by sunlight pretty much every hour of the day so I am looking for a magnetic solution. I am planning to make it via using arduino board and an IMU but i don't know how, so if anybody has information over topic please feel free to help.

Wait, do you want a gyroscopic tracking or one that relies on magnetic bearing!?

I can see how one would make one in arduino, but I would expect huge drifting issues over time that would imho make it too time-consuming to produce for the result you should expect. That being said, it sounds like a great project and I am almost tempted to make one of my own for fun...but not for using in game.

EDIT : If you wanted a magnetic bearing tracking, that would only give you a 1dof heatracking which would be...let's say limited.

Edited by Ktulu2

Yeah do search for edtracker reviews on this forum itself...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie: