Enemy Aircraft on SADL

Druid_

I have a mission with an AWACS in it and several friendly aircraft (7 in total). All Blue friendly units show up on the SADL.

However, NO enemy aircraft even though they are identified by the AWACS are showing up, anyone else having this problem?

Whilst on topic manual also states Hostile Air Defence Forces should show on SADL, anyone getting these also?

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Indeed, as Sobek said this feature of the SADL is still to be implemented. It may or may not make it into A-10C for release, all depends if the devs can find enough time in the day as with many other things.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

I just need to know when to run away bravely when the enemy CAP comes looking for me.

At the moment they can find me in valleys when I'm not even line of sight. They must have a radar that can see through mountains !

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Ok thanks, can't see it on the beta5 list either so stil WIP I guess.

Does someone have a Beta5 list? If so, can someone post it please?

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Perhaps AWACS is not compatible, but what about other friendly A/C with radar? They should be broadcasting their data including hostile A/C. After all, it's in the manual:

Hostile Aircraft. Hostile aircraft are indicated as red triangles with flight vector lines. The aircraft‘s altitude is below the icon in thousands of feet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

Perhaps AWACS is not compatible, but what about other friendly A/C with radar? They should be broadcasting their data including hostile A/C.

In all probability the same reasoning would find applicability, but let's wait and see what andreevm says.

After all, it's in the manual

I'm sure I do not have to say this, but just because it's in the manual.........;)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Perhaps AWACS is not compatible, but what about other friendly A/C with radar? They should be broadcasting their data including hostile A/C. After all, it's in the manual:

Unfortunately SADL is designed for situational awareness for close air support aircraft with troops on the ground, so very few aircraft with radars would be on a SADL network (believe some F-16s may have it?). Most airborne battlefield information is broadcasted on Link 16 or Link 11. As andree said you need a gateway to put SADL data on a Link 16 network or vice versa. I don’t know how many aircraft have SADL/Link gateways but it would only be on C2 style aircraft.

Although the system does seem a little flawed in that F15 CAP etc pop up on SADL in DCS, I think people should keep in mind that the primary purpose of SADL is to provide CAS aircraft with situational awareness of ground units, and in particular ground friendly units, rather than a whole battlefield picture.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Copy that. Not as simple as it looks at first. A pity that network protocols are developed independently where possibilities for benefits from cooperation seem to exist.

SADL was developed based on the Army's Tactical Internet and EPLRS which was developed independently from Link 16. But CAS a/c bridge both worlds. It would have been very helpful if the JTRS package had included a gateway to Link 16. I want to know when the top cover, or better, AWACS spots bogies. Sure they can tell me, IF my radios are set to receive the proper freqs, but that's what the data link concept tries to solve, unify data exchange to provide a clear situational awareness picture to the pilot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

Yep all very true. I guess in this modern combat environment SA on enemy threats is not as important as SA on blue forces for CAS aircraft and therefore minimises the imeptus to ensure such information is included on their plot.

Obviously the other hindrance is that too much information sucks SA rather than improving it. Having an entire battlefield picture on your TSD would be the recipe for a helmet fire, but of course operators have filter options.

Edited by Kaiza
[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Because it's a beta manual and such references have already been removed.

Out of interest, because of a development issue or because the modelled a10c does not display hostile aircraft on the SADL?

Shame, I would have liked enemy aircraft on the SADL for increased SA especially as the AI aircraft are too damn good.

e.g. Flying 100ft agl in valley, can't hear AWACS due to terrain masking, damn SU27s found me no problem at all. God knows how as a lot of high terrain between me and them.

Out of interest, because of a development issue or because the modelled a10c does not display hostile aircraft on the SADL?

Most likely due to what andreevm said, there are no link16/SADL gateways at the moment.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!