Dysko on final approach

Dysko

Hello everybody! New user from Italy here!

I've been playing with flight sims since I was a kid. I was frankly scared by DCS' steep learning curve, until last summer, when I found a "light" (no mandatory weekly participation and so on) virtual squadron whose members convinced me to buy some modules, and trained me with them :D

As for real life experience, I am an aviation photography enthusiast (I have even published articles on some magazines), I graduated in aerospace engineering 6 years ago and also tried to get a glider pilot license (albeit unsuccesfully for several reasons, mainly excessive costs).

Happy landings! :D

My aircraft spotting website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Dysko. I was the same long time watcher and wondering how on earth i could learn all that to fly, but slowly getting there now.

Utrinque Paratus

I7-9700K OCTA-CORE 3.6 GHZ / 4.8 GHZ

RAM 32 GB DDR4 (3000 MHZ)

NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - 8 GB GDDR6

STORAGE - 2TB SSD - 6 TB SATA

• ED Team

Hi Dysko

welcome to the forum and DCSWorld

Take your time, there is a lot to learn but plenty of people willing to help

enjoy!

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hello everybody! New user from Italy here!

I've been playing with flight sims since I was a kid. I was frankly scared by DCS' steep learning curve, until last summer, when I found a "light" (no mandatory weekly participation and so on) virtual squadron whose members convinced me to buy some modules, and trained me with them :D

As for real life experience, I am an aviation photography enthusiast (I have even published articles on some magazines), I graduated in aerospace engineering 6 years ago and also tried to get a glider pilot license (albeit unsuccesfully for several reasons, mainly excessive costs).

Happy landings! :D

Check out AMVI in Italy https://www.amvi.it/. Whilst they might be unable to take on completely new folks (I have no idea about that), following them and their community in Italy is very much worth while, they are busy doing lots of things, get involved in many cross squadron activities and are generally a useful resource for Italians.

There's also a vast amount of European squadrons you can plug into as well as communities based around servers rather than flying organised where you can share information on Discord. The ED Discord might be a good place to start also.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *