frame rate - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-13-2020, 04:17 PM   #11
MrExplosion

Hmm, I have wake turbulence turned off and used the option to limit the number of planes at the start of the mission, but still get huuuge frame drops when the fight happens.

I'm playing on a 2070 super, Ryzen 7 and 32GB RAM in VR.

Maybe you could add an option to limit the number even further for people who play in VR.
MrExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:41 PM   #12
Reflected
3rd Party Campaign Creator

@Sceptre: I recently increased the amount of flak as well as the accuracy, but I think that update hasn't made in to OpenBeta yet. Problem is, Flak costs FPS big time. Also, I've seen a few threads saying Flak doesn't fire properly, but I'm not really following.

@MrExplosion: that's strange. With that system you should be able to play without removing units. Of course, a bomber formation will always cause an FPS drop. Still, I can play it in VR without removing the units with a Ryzen1600x, 16G RAM and a 1070. Someone recently posted a "VR Optimization Guide" on youtube, you may want to check it out and see if there are some good tricks you could use.
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:37 AM   #13
MrExplosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post
@MrExplosion: that's strange. With that system you should be able to play without removing units. Of course, a bomber formation will always cause an FPS drop. Still, I can play it in VR without removing the units with a Ryzen1600x, 16G RAM and a 1070. Someone recently posted a "VR Optimization Guide" on youtube, you may want to check it out and see if there are some good tricks you could use.

I already checked that guide and installed new shaders etc as recommended.

I do have all settings pretty much maxed tho. Since the bombers are not really relevant for the player, I thought like maybe 20 of them would totally be enough, so I could dogfight ze Germans and still maintain high fps.
MrExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote