spotting infantry. Specifically spotting them.

WelshZeCorgi

The single CSAR mission where you have to get a pilot from a claustrophobic valley is attacked by a 4 man infantry team. It is next to impossible to consistently find them, even when I know their general path and position.

What's the best setting for the TGP to find those damn needles?

In case you have a general area where to expect enemy, model enlargement and looking out of your window helps a great deal. Memorize where they were, swing your nose with TGP in Boresight around, slew a tiny bit to ground stabilize. Thats the way I do it and it is far more effective than staying in an orbit and having heads down all the time.

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

Or use Willy Pete's.

Once you know about where they are, shoot a bunch. Then move your TGP.

You can narrow down their position that way.

http://www.youtube.com/konotani

Computer Specs:

Z97X-gaming Mobo

4670k i5

24G DDR3

GTX 1080

Asus PG278Q Rog Swift 27-INCH G-SYNC

Valve Index

Thrustmaster Warthog

Fanatec Clubsport Pedals (used as Rudders)

Thrustmaster T300 Arcantera Wheel

Obutto R3volution rig

• 1 year later...

Here is my trick .. come to the bottom of the valley and pickle (Maverik) the first two ZUS23 west of the river.. simultaneusly tell your wingman to engage infantry with unguided bombs, this will achieve two things or three .. first you get a mall SPI on your TAD which is where the wingman is going to drop, very important, slew yout TGP over it and make it your SPI, bomb the area heavily. The second advantage is that if the wingman in his bomb run will hit the infantry they will stop there (allowing you to bomb that point with good chances of killing them). Tell your wingman to rejoin and stay north or he will suicide himself going south of the ridges where a couple of SA9 are waiting.

Tac23-24 csar mission? If so, I recently completed them without needing to engage infantry. Possibly missing a radio call triggers an ambush? Embrace tacview to decide failed missions.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png