C-101 update - Page 59 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-16-2018, 06:13 AM   #581
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
The story went off track a bit. I'm not getting any braking when I apply pressure to the rudder pedal toes. I've tried it selecting Invert, and then Slider then both together and then neither. I've tried using Saturation in both X and Y. I've created a large Dead Zone and no Dead Zone. Nothing works. I have several other DCS aircraft and they all work as advertised. It's just the C-101 that doesn't. Does anyone have this working? Or is it just me? I looked using buttons rather than axis. Those two items are not selectable for any of my controllers.
Two Rigs (CH Products Pro Rudders and TM Warthog Rudders). Any help is appreciated.
Bonz
No, you are not the only one. I had the same testing the brake axis' yesterday.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC and an AHCP | Oculus Rift & controller
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:23 AM   #582
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibora View Post
It's just a caster wheel where you use differential braking to move the nosewheel, to do that you press the toe brakes in the pedals. There's no effect when using rudder unless you have enough aerodynamic pressure in the vertical tail (vertical stabilizer plus rudder), which happens at or above around 40 kts.
Yep. Like in the Hawk.

Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC and an AHCP | Oculus Rift & controller
Old 03-16-2018, 09:21 AM   #583
Vibora
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrat View Post
Currently there seems to be none, at least not in 2.5 Openbeta. Both pedals inside the cockpit move, but testing it yesterday, there was no noticable braking effect.
Normal behavior for SFM, it's an SFM restriction, sorry. In fact the changelog we added on 04-22-2016 was: Toe brakes animation added.

Vibora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:45 AM   #584
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Normal behavior for SFM, it's an SFM restriction, sorry. In fact the changelog we added on 04-22-2016 was: Toe brakes animation added.
Yes,that's what I said in the first place. I was astonished to see a mentioning of working brake axis assignment with SFM.

I really hope you guys get the EFM implemented soonish. We really need a MP dual seat trainer with western avionics.

Old 03-16-2018, 06:15 PM   #585
Bonz

Are folks using a keyed button to brake the aircraft or just pulling the emergency brake at the end of the landing roll? I can switch to the back seat and fly the aircraft... Is in possible currently for someone else to jump in the backseat and fly? If so how?
Bonz...

Last edited by Bonz; 03-16-2018 at 06:17 PM.
Bonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:19 PM   #586
kontiuka
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
Are folks using a keyed button to brake the aircraft or just pulling the emergency brake at the end of the landing roll? I can switch to the back seat and fly the aircraft... Is in possible currently for someone else to jump in the backseat and fly? If so how?
Bonz...
I just use the [w] key to brake. Multiplayer is not yet supported.
kontiuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:25 PM   #587
Jester986

I bound the w wheel brake to the lever on my warthog.
Jester986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:22 PM   #588
Vibora
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I hope the AvioDev guys figure out multi-crew spot on just like Polychop-Simulations, they really seemed to know how to do it. Whenever the whole issue is fixed in multiplayer, we can look forward to flying together in the same plane.
It's simply an SFM restriction. Can't have dual cockpit in MP with SFM, it needs AFM. And we need some time to polish AFM before releasing it, right now it's just in alpha state.

Vibora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:24 PM   #589
112th_Rossi

Send a message via MSN to 112th_Rossi

Quote:
...right now it's just in alpha state.
That's ok. Hand it over...
112th_Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:59 PM   #590
Vibora
ED Testers Team