ILS Instruments

-Condor-

I could never have been an avionics guy; way too much time standing on your head trying to force your hands somewhere they don't fit so you can work on something you can't see haha!

Like the old saying goes about working under the panel, "You can either see it, or touch it, but you can't do both at the same time." :D

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Actually fwiw LAX does turn the out of use ILS off. I once got a last minute runway change and when we asked about the lack of indications they literally said oops sorry we are turning it on now.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Windy -- absolutely that happens at fields where there are humans running the navaids. The question at hand though is "why would DCS ever turn off the ILS at a field with only one set of equipment?"

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

Tom, I got a chance to take a run at Creech, and it looks like the wind was turned on. I turned it off and the ILS started working, but only 108.70 for 08. There really wasn't that much wind though, not enough that would cause a complete shutdown, including LOC.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Windy -- absolutely that happens at fields where there are humans running the navaids. The question at hand though is "why would DCS ever turn off the ILS at a field with only one set of equipment?"
It was really in response to it shutting down being definitely not right, but you are absolutely correct why would DCS do that.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Hi gents. I looked at this a little more at other fields with just one ILS; Batumi in the Caucus and Groom Lake in Vegas. At both places, I was unable set a wind condition that would turn the ILS off. Tailwind, calm wind, light headwind, strong headwind, the ILS at those two places stayed on regardless. At Creech however, the problem remains.

I believe this might have something to do with the "phantom" ILS to 13 at Creech on 108.5. It shows on the ME, but I haven't seen it published anywhere else, nor have I seen it turn on. I'm not sure if ED is planning on activating a second ILS there or what the deal is with the second ILS, but since this particular issue of a one-ILS airport turning off the ILS only seems to be happening at Creech, I am willing to let this one go for a bit to see if we hear anything from ED about the second ILS there...

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”