Are we getting a South Africa Map?

pirate_smee

Add a country to the database has nothing to do with a "incoming" map. Italy, Libya, Brazil and others countries was added previously and nothing was talked about maps with them. ED and actual 3rd parties has not plans about Africa maps

If someone like see a SA map, recommended build a team with 3D modellers, texture builders, animators, assets modelling, lua coders, etc, plan a project map and present them to ED, to get the map SDK.

^this

And what sense would an SA map make anyway? What would / could you do with it? Play Apartheid enforcers? No thanks.

There was a 20 year border war there between Soviet backed forces of Cuba and South Africa btw. Not sure what apartheid had to with it, but anyway. MiG's vs Mirages, sounds like fun to me.

Also that’s where the. Afghanistan war is heading since isis has been drive out of Syria from a show I saw on the history channel

But it’s. A mainly spec ops training ground war with drones so they would need to build a first person mod so you could be a soldier on the ground and run a 4-8 man team

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Was a long war with some important battles. The most important one “Cuito Cuanavale battle” decided the future of all South African nations. The soviet forces were removed after the beginning of this battles and the job was finished by other nations.

The MiG-21 and Mirage F-1 in between made some encounters there. With the results of 2 F-1 damaged and one MiG-21 shot down and other damaged. After those results the MiG-23MLA was introduced in this war getting one A-A victory and several bombing sorties. One of the most important actions by Migs in this war was the bombing attack by strategic interdiction against the Southern Headquarter in a very low altitude level fly, made by 20 Cubans MiG-23.

Also the Migs and Miarage both made a lot of bombing actions there, both sides with some loses by AAA defenses in those actions.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A South-West Africa/Namiba, Angola map would be very cool! It would offer an interesting variety of terrain types and be perfect for the MiG-21Bis (The Angolans had the BIS variant) the MiG-23 and of course the Mirage F.1 and Mirage III for when they are developed in the future.

Could also serve as an interesting what if environment too, what if the US got involved in the border war in the 80's or the Soviet Union directly, it would also be a great Helicopter map as helos were used extensively, Lookin at you Mi-8 and 24!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS