How is it to do camapaigns in this map area ?

This Nevada range area is a place for training. What does that mean for the campaigns taking place hear ? For example with the A10C do you select simulated weapons and no targets are destroyed ? Or does it work the same as in other areas. Everything works as for real in spite of this being an training area in real life ?

Is it well spent money to get this map ?

It's as real, and as virtual, as the Caucasus.

DCS as such does not impose any limitations on the way you play in NTTR versus the Caucasus terrain.

I've only peaked at the A-10C Red Flag campaign, and in it the player uses live ammo - just like real pilots would, AFAIK. The difference being that IRL the targets are "dummy" targets, while in DCS they're the real virtual thing. But static objects in DCS can't move, while (some) dummy targets can.

Anyway. I'm not aware of any campaigns that make use of the A-10C's SIM mode, seeing as DCS itself is already a sim and destroying a "real" Shilka doesn't mean someone has to steal it from the Russians, move it all the way to Nevada and then get a new one once a rogue USAF pilots destroys it. :D

Well either there’s a mod out that allows you to place range targets in any of the maps iirc there are several practice ranges by default. If you want to be shot at you could place sams from the opposite force and vehicles for targets. They are several campaigns that represent real world training for the different airframes so you can do what you want either make it training or live like the movie with The wolverines vs the invaders and the usaf is the Air Force defending nv.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 3 weeks later...

I've enjoyed several user missions in this map and also the Every Man a Tiger mini campaign. I've flown about half the F15C Red Flag campaign and I can really recommend it! I'm actually looking forward to fly other Red flag campaigns and the new Mirage one. I think it's a worthy addition to DCS.

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

• 2 months later...

yes it is money well spent, it´s even better if you wait for sales.

Some missions include scritps which cancel AA missiles just when they are about to explode close to other aircrafts; that´s the way it´s "simulated". The script records a kill but the victim keeps flying. And I guess script urges him to get to the spawn area because it´s effectively killed.

But most of missions don´t have them.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle