Grudge Match 3 - Sign Up Thread

FLANKERATOR

"If you don't like it do it yourself!" My favourite internet non-argument.

I'm complaining about the rules because they seem unfair. I'm well within my rights to, nobody has to listen to me but this is something that myself and a few other people I've spoken to are rather concerned about. It's just this specific event my friends and I are interested in as 3rd gen combat in DCS is probably the best part of the game, none of the other events really appeal to us so that clearly leaves us locked out of this one.

Organizers definitely understand that this event is exclusive and that's what they are after. Complaining about that is like complaining that DCS isn't newbie friendly with all the highly realistic and complicated modules. While it might be meant as constructive criticism it doesn't help the creators to improve towards the goal they are after.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

- Callsign: Croncat

- Current SA Ranking: 13

- Squadron Name: Lonewolf

- Nationality: German

- Location (for ping): Germany

- Available on December 10th: YES

- Available on December 17th: YES

- Chosen aircraft: MiG-21

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“The guy you don't see will kill you.”

- Robin Olds

We appreciate the feedback, gents, and I encourage everyone interested to apply whether ranked or not, we have MANY planes to fill and I think there will be Open Registration slots to fill even after Ranked Players are selected. We have 15 planes this match and it was challenging to fill half of that in the previous two.

This is actually nepotism, this is how it comes across.

...I for one feel the event should be fully inclusive and there really wasn't anything particularly disorganised....

I appreciate your following the previous events, however I do respectfully disagree- my understanding of "nepotism" is one with power or influence favor a friend, relative, etc. Flankerator is my equal, and The Grudge Match Series has been a Sanctioned SA-Sim.com event by my decision, and ranks on SA-sim are earned, not given out due to favoritism or preference. This is a Competitive event with a large focus on Community Enjoyment (from the broadcast perspective) and our goal from day one has been to bring a good clean show for all to enjoy. Like any other SA-sim sanctioned event, the ranking comes in to play.

As for the previous rounds not looking disorganized- WHEW!!! They sure felt that way to me :D I'm glad they looked good from the outside perspective. I did elect for the total open registration during Rounds 1 & 2 because the transition into the partnership with SA-Sim.com was still in progress, along with other changes like picking up Leatherneck Simulations as a sponsor.

Anyway thanks for the feedback, I hope you will still tune in and support our event. We value feedback and will always factor in the community input however we can.

Elmo

No ranking

Lone wolf

Canadian

EST

Y

Y

Glorious MiG-21bis

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by RAZBAM_ELMO

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

- Callsign Martini

- Current SA Ranking: 52

- Squadron Name: Lonewolf

- Squadron Website: N/A

- Nationality: USA

- Location (for ping): East Coast

- Available on December 10th: YES

- Available on December 17th: YES

- Chosen aircraft: F-5

- Callsign (as it appears on the SA Ranking): Level

- Current SA Ranking: Put "no ranking' if not applicable: no ranking

- Squadron Name: Put Lonewolf if not applicable: Lonewolf

- Squadron Website: if applicable : Not applicable

- Nationality: English

- Location (for ping): England

- Available on December 10th: YES/NO YES

- Available on December 17th: YES/NO YES

- Chosen aircraft: MiG-21/F-5: MiG-21

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

I did some testing with F-5 and MiG-21 and to my disappointment found out that MiG-21 FM is seriously out of shape at the moment being considerably overperforming and not flying like a Fishbed at all. So unless Leatherneck has a corrected FM already finished and patched in for the event I will bail out as I don't see a point having a serious or even fun match in this situation.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2972550&postcount=62

SF Squadron

USAF flew them IRL. Check the link to the bug report and you see what I'm talking about. MiG-21 sustained turn rate is ridiculously exaggerated and the effect of speed on sustained turn rate works backwards, ie. when you slow down you get better rate which is just wrong.

SF Squadron

Completely irrelevant when it comes to basic aircraft behavior as Bushmanni pointed out, just do start with. No variant of any conventional jet will see a turn rate increase as speed decreases.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Unfortunately due to a very unexpected and sudden personal crisis I am forced to cancel my participation in the event.

As a side note I am slightly appalled by the level of discussion on this thread. There's way too much unconstructive criticism that leads absolutely nowhere. Organizers work a lot for such events, and considering previous Grudge Match events have been executed near flawlessly, one would think the organizers deserve some level of well earned respect.

• Like 1

Ok, guys, ranking-based registration is officially over! Thank you all :thumbup:

We got exactly what we needed numbers-wise(10 Fishbed and 5 Tigers); however, note that a few players are in for 17th of September only, which means that we will have 1 Fishbed and probably 3 Tiger slots up for grabs if the match is ever confirmed for this Saturday 10th!

It's also worth mentioning that all those who don't have a ranking and signed up got in!

First come first served based registration is now open and will be for 48 hours so if you aspire to take part in this great showdown, post you application now!

Every member of the winning team will win an AJS-37 Viggen DCS Module, a chance to make headlines, feature on the SA Rankings and of course, earn bragging rights!

here is the roster so far:

A PM has been sent out to all participants for further instructions, if you did not get it, please let me know.

Lineup.jpg

THIS ROSTER IS UPDATED FREQUENTLY, PLS PURGE YOUR BROWSER CACHE TO MAKE SURE YOU SEE THE CURRENT VERSION.

Edited by FLANKERATOR

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Elmo

No ranking

Lone wolf

Canadian

EST

Y

Y

Glorious MiG-21bis

Just bumping this. Hopefully I can be part of the action Saturday

EDIT didn't see my name at first. ..see you all Saturday.

Edited by RAZBAM_ELMO

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Thanks, Ritt and Kraut for signing up, although you have reserve slots now, chances are that you will get a slot in the main roster, especially if the event date stands (December 10th) as we will have at least 3 people unable to attend.

Please send me your email address via PM to confirm your readiness and change your status from "Reserve" to "Ready Five". Email address will be used to send you necessary documents and files before official kick off if you get into the main roster.

There are 2 registration stages and your status will change accordingly:

1 - One you signed up the first time, your status will be marked as 'email pending' - your slot is not yet secured at this point.

2 - If you reply to the PM and send out your email address in time, your status will change to 'confirmed' or 'ready five' depending on whether you are in the main roster or reserve.

THIS ROSTER IS UPDATED FREQUENTLY, PLS PURGE YOUR BROWSER CACHE TO MAKE SURE YOU SEE THE CURRENT VERSION.

Lineup.jpg

Edited by FLANKERATOR

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj