109 MG's

too-cool

Was wondering if someone could help me set up X-55 Rhino so that I can fire the machine guns using the trigger, as you know the X-55 does not have a two stage trigger and I'm unable to fire the machine guns by them self. Thank TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

Er, what you do mean you're not able to fire MG's by themselves?

Unless it's just been broken for 2.5*, then I don't recall there ever being the ability to fire the MG and cannon together with one button as an option for the DCS Bf-109 (unlike the Fw-190 where you can), they've always been seperate.

Have you looked at the control options under the "stick" category for the 109?

Fire Machineguns (A) = space.

Fire Cannon/Rockets (B1) = ralt+space.

The options to fire MGs and cannon are seperate controls.

Either way, as a fellow X-55 owner, you can basically just ape the real stick:

Just set fire machine guns to the trigger and then use the big round grey button for your thumb for cannon/rockets.

*I've not yet flown the 109 in 2.5.

Edited by Buzzles

Er, what you do mean you're not able to fire MG's by themselves?

Unless it's just been broken for 2.5*, then I don't recall there ever being the ability to fire the MG and cannon together with one button as an option for the DCS Bf-109 (unlike the Fw-190 where you can), they've always been seperate.

Have you looked at the control options under the "stick" category for the 109?

The options to fire MGs and cannon are seperate controls.

Either way, as a fellow X-55 owner, you can basically just ape the real stick:

Just set fire machine guns to the trigger and then use the big round grey button for your thumb for cannon/rockets.

*I've not yet flown the 109 in 2.5.

That's how I have mine set-up, MG with the space/trigger and the cannon/rockets with the #5 button on the stick (Directly below the trigger) and I can not get the MG's to fire but I can fire the cannons. Don't know if it's broken or not because I've never used/flown the 109 but I haven't seen/found anything on the fourm. Thanks TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

Is the safety cover off on the stick? (Shift + Space)

Otherwise if you’ve only tried on the ground the MGs fire through the prop arc and there is a system in place which won’t allow them to fire below 500-550 RPMor so.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Is the safety cover off on the stick? (Shift + Space)

Otherwise if you’ve only tried on the ground the MGs fire through the prop arc and there is a system in place which won’t allow them to fire below 500-550 RPMor so.

That did it. Thanks TC

No Problem. Glad I could help :)

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin